TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mine is better than yours

andresh53

So like most of you my Shelby lives a pampered life only driven in nice weather etc. So every time we are not in the car and my wife sees any other Mustang (not a Shelby) or muscle car she says “Mine is better than yours but you wouldn't know it because it's in the garage" just wondering what else you guys are hearing thanks for posting.

So like most of you my Shelby lives a pampered life only driven in nice weather etc. So every time we are not in the car and my wife sees any other Mustang (not a Shelby) or muscle car she says “Mine is better than yours but you wouldn't know it because it's in the garage" just wondering what else you guys are hearing thanks for posting.

Mrs. Grabber & I both have 500's that are only driven in the good weather. Nothing wrong with that. It is one of our fine pleasures in life. We belong to a local club and like to go on group drives with others and events locally in our cars. We both just got new 2013 daily drivers and we want everyone to know......" My other car is a Shelby GT500" :happy feet:

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Drive it... They aren't flowers!

Ours are. :happy feet:

:hysterical:

Hey Andy, how you been? When you coming back to S.A.?

I know what you mean about the Shelby. Mine also lives a pampered life. I've been thinking about selling because I hardly get a chance to drive her, but my wife talks me out of it. LOL

Abner what's up? Good to hear from you yes I'm back for good and don't sell the car you will regret it later just take it out and drive it I'm taking my own advice lol

Mrs. Grabber & I both have 500's that are only driven in the good weather. Nothing wrong with that. It is one of our fine pleasures in life. We belong to a local club and like to go on group drives with others and events locally in our cars. We both just got new 2013 daily drivers and we want everyone to know......" My other car is a Shelby GT500" :happy feet:

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Ours are. :happy feet:

:hysterical:

Grabber,

Where did you get that license plate frame?

Drive it! I drive mine every chance I get, regardless of the weather--with the one exception of when the temp dips below freezing (manual says 40). Mine is not a fair-weather cruiser. Drive it, drive it, drive it! The comments you get from the car-hop at Sonic, the guy at the next gas pump, teenagers in traffic, small children on the curb will thrill you far more than your better half's snide remarks!

Mine is pampered too....been on a ship across the Atlantic to Europe where it got to drive all of the great roads, plus Nurburgring and LeMans, then voyaged home thru the Panama Canal. Locally, the King can also be seen on the track Spring Mountain, Laguna Seca and Sears Point.

My KR is pamapered that way Carroll would do it :rockon: you should do the same... :peelout:

How much bad weather do you get in Texas, I thought the weather was nice most of the year and have even thought about moving there.

When the snow flies mine is in heated storage. Other than that she's my daily driver. I had a classic, but didn't drive it much. This time I wanted a car to have fun in everyday. So go drive it!!!!

:rockon:

Mine is pampered too....been on a ship across the Atlantic to Europe where it got to drive all of the great roads, plus Nurburgring and LeMans, then voyaged home thru the Panama Canal. Locally, the King can also be seen on the track Spring Mountain, Laguna Seca and Sears Point.

My KR is pamapered the way Carroll would do it :rockon: you should do the same... :peelout:

Absolutely Tom!

Drive it! I drive mine every chance I get, regardless of the weather--with the one exception of when the temp dips below freezing (manual says 40). Mine is not a fair-weather cruiser. Drive it, drive it, drive it! The comments you get from the car-hop at Sonic, the guy at the next gas pump, teenagers in traffic, small children on the curb will thrill you far more than your better half's snide remarks!

Oh, the little kids just go nuts over these cars. I've been followed by parents (about 3x now) who want pictures with their kids by the car. The neighbor kid went crazy when his grandfather gave him a GT500 RC car for Christmas. He is so proud of it. He brought out to me so I could see it.

I drive my car all the time. I don't regret a single second...unless I do something stupid, like get a little too close to the curb.

Hey Andy, how you been? When you coming back to S.A.?

I know what you mean about the Shelby. Mine also lives a pampered life. I've been thinking about selling because I hardly get a chance to drive her, but my wife talks me out of it. LOL

Captain,

I sold my signed 09 Vista KR because I never drove her also. Only 900 miles. Took some money and purchased a Vista 500 Vert to drive and have fun with and have some money in the bank or some small mods. Ive come to realize that I couldn't bring myself to drive the KR and that it wasn't going to be worth much more until 20 or 30 yrs from now. To be honest it wasn't very fun owning the KR because of that. Id rather drive and have rock chips and wear on a $35k car than a $60K car.

I volunteered at the Shelby American booth this past weekend at the Detroit show. This subject came up many times in talking to people. Just like above it was about 50/50 on if you would drive the car a lot or put it away and only put a few miles on each year.

I live in the northeast had to use my new 70 MACH I as a daily driver and family car.

Winter was hell on the old and new cars salt, sand, cinders now chemicals.

I promised myself that if I could ever to do it I'd have a garage queen.

She came home in 2009 and has never seen the rain let alone snow !

I love her driving or setting still.

Captain,

I sold my signed 09 Vista KR because I never drove her also. Only 900 miles. Took some money and purchased a Vista 500 Vert to drive and have fun with and have some money in the bank or some small mods. Ive come to realize that I couldn't bring myself to drive the KR and that it wasn't going to be worth much more until 20 or 30 yrs from now. To be honest it wasn't very fun owning the KR because of that. Id rather drive and have rock chips and wear on a $35k car than a $60K car.

Don't get wrong. I love to drive my KR as it has over 5K miles of fun gear banging. The problem is that I only get a chance to drive her on weekends if I'm not too busy. I have a company vehicle that I drive daily for work.

My father would agree on the pampering. However I remember my Grandfather saying " a car is ment to be driven". I also actually heard Shelby saying the same thing. So I have taken that advice and I drive my car daily. I even placed a set of snow tires on the stock rims for winter driving. My thought behind this is if my ticket is punched tonight, I know I won't regret not driving it when I get up there. Point is, life is way to short enjoy what you have for as long as you can.

My father would agree on the pampering. However I remember my Grandfather saying " a car is ment to be driven". I also actually heard Shelby saying the same thing. So I have taken that advice and I drive my car daily. I even placed a set of snow tires on the stock rims for winter driving. My thought behind this is if my ticket is punched tonight, I know I won't regret not driving it when I get up there. Point is, life is way to short enjoy what you have for as long as you can.

:peelout:

I drive my Shelby everyday (exept when there is hail or ice around). The daily comments and looks make me smile- manager at Chick-Fil-A came to the window to say how good the car sounds, guy at a light looks over and says "gorgeous, just gorgeous" over and over, teenagers sitting on the sidewalk said "I love your car!" Even had a Challenger driver say "That is the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard." You have to enjoy these cars every day!

Archived