TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clear Bra

Anyone put clear bra on their GT or GT-H? wondering how that went and part # for California special bumper that was used. I found PFD217G for 3M clear bra scotch guard or ventureshield. However, no pictures available on the site and who I spoke with could not answer my questions.

Anyone put clear bra on their GT or GT-H? wondering how that went and part # for California special bumper that was used. I found PFD217G for 3M clear bra scotch guard or ventureshield. However, no pictures available on the site and who I spoke with could not answer my questions.

+1 .... great question and I would be interested to know as well.

Premier in Fremont did my 08 GT500 'vert, and did a great job. (they use Ventureshield)

I had Mr. Tint in San Jose do my 08 KR, and there was no program for it in the computer with the KR hood, (when it was done two years ago) but these guys did a perfect job (they use 3M)

I am going 'round and 'round on this in my head for when my car is done with paint. I think it would easy to find the right pattern for a good installer for the front fascia. The HOOD will be the biggest trouble - especially yours with the Deep Draw modification. Might have to have it custom cut. Around here you can expect to pay around $800 or more to have this stuff properly installed. I have had it done on my truck and it has held up well. I don't know if I can accept seeing those lines down the fenders on my newly restored GT-H, though. Here are some of my thoughts as I want to drive my car and also track it a few times..

As of right now, my plan is to get a Quart of Road Warrior Plus and experiment with it for longer cruises with the club, road trips, etc. It offers some nice flexibility in that I can protect whatever area of the car I want that the Venturesheild can't (without covering your car with Ventureshield). Brush it on the leading edge of the roof, rocker panels, rear fender areas, etc. It may not look as good as Ventureshield, but it is easily removeable in minutes for when you want to show off your car or look at it pretty in the garage in the offseason.

For ADDITIONAL protection on track days or longer cross country events it would seem that you could put on a coat of the RoadWarrior and then add the vinyl bra that Shelby Store sells for additional rock chip protection up front. Putting a vinyl bra on over nice paint scares me, but the Road Warrior film would offer that protection against abrasion damage and such. You could then just blast and wash the bra with soap and water while still installed when you are done, remove it - let it dry... Then peel off the protection film and reveal perfect unblemished paint without fear of scratches or damage.

This seems like a very affordable solution for me and I don't have to live with the seams and ugliness of the clear bra when I don't want to. Seems cheaper and MORE protection when you combine it with the front vinyl bra. http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z40-11.htm

Thoughts anybody?

• 3 weeks later...

I have 3M clear auto bra on my SGT and 06 LL GT. I had it done on one of my trips down to ShelbyFest. The shop is in St. Louis, MO. Attached is a link to the web site. http://clearautobra.com/ I had the front bumper, 18" up leading edge of hood and front fender, headlight pillars, head lights, driving lights, door edges and door sills done for about $700. I have the CS6/Hertz hood, so much like the deep draw and they custom cut for the hood. You have to remove the hood pin plates and then they lay it out and hand cut the circles out. It's pretty amazing what they do with an Exacto knife. I think it's been a good investement and allows me to easily clean off the aircraft sized Iowa bugs and protects well from rock chips. The owner's name is Marek (Mark) Parafiniuk, very skilled and does alot of high end vehicles in the St. Louis area. My .02.

Dave

• 2 months later...

I've just used Armor all Custom shield on my SGT for a track day last weekend. It worked very well. Just applied some on the bunny for a road trip to an MCA show next weekend. Looks a lot like the road warrior stuff except its in a spray can. Dipyourcar.com also has a very similar product. These are meant to be more temporary than a clear bra. The product I used gave a satin like finish to the car - so it is not transparent like a clear bra; but it does protect just as well and is easily removable.

I tested it out on my truck before I put it on my car - here is the

• 2 weeks later...

I've just used Armor all Custom shield on my SGT for a track day last weekend. It worked very well. Just applied some on the bunny for a road trip to an MCA show next weekend. Looks a lot like the road warrior stuff except its in a spray can. Dipyourcar.com also has a very similar product. These are meant to be more temporary than a clear bra. The product I used gave a satin like finish to the car - so it is not transparent like a clear bra; but it does protect just as well and is easily removable.

I tested it out on my truck before I put it on my car - here is the

Thanks for sharing. I like the idea of the Armor All Custom Shield. I may look for some to try.

Archived