TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Well?

EL SHELBY

Thats odd when I posted a while back that the GT500's should have CC brakes and Rotors you said they weren't any good..now you would get them

for your car!!!...you read way to much boy and know nothing!!.... :confused:

WTF? Please find that post and quote it here for me so I can see that. I don't remember EVER saying gt500s shouldn't have carbon ceramic brakes. Every car should have them.

WTF? Please find that post and quote it here for me so I can see that. I don't remember EVER saying gt500s shouldn't have carbon ceramic brakes. Every car should have them.

Nope won't waste my time finding it...you mean you don't remember when I posted when you were complaining about the rear brakes of the GT500

and I responded that they should have the brakes the ZR1 has..and you said they're no good they have a vibration issue!!..you should have researched

it more the FEW that had the problem were fixed by having the rotors balanced..when you don't know something don't answer like you know everything

just like you just posted on the wet sanding issue..the guy won't do your car because he don't work a certen way and what do you post!!..that you don't

understand why he won't..thats just it HE understands YOU don't!!..carry on!!

Nope won't waste my time finding it...you mean you don't remember when I posted when you were complaining about the rear brakes of the GT500

and I responded that they should have the brakes the ZR1 has..and you said they're no good they have a vibration issue!!..you should have researched

it more the FEW that had the problem were fixed by having the rotors balanced..when you don't know something don't answer like you know everything

just like you just posted on the wet sanding issue..the guy won't do your car because he don't work a certen way and what do you post!!..that you don't

understand why he won't..thats just it HE understands YOU don't!!..carry on!!

Whoa I never said they have a vibration issue? I seriously think you are confusing me with someone else's post. I don't even remember you saying shelbys should have carbon ceramics nor have I ever heard of them vibrating on the zr1.

And I seriously think you have a reading comprehension problem. He said he would do my car what the hell are you talking? He was referring to just spraying clear coat over my car after wet sanding. And I said why can't you do it? He said if I want to pay all that money for it he could do it. Seriously I think you are now one of those people that read and hear something that somehow it gets twisted in your brain so you spit it out back completely wrong.

Whoa I never said they have a vibration issue? I seriously think you are confusing me with someone else's post. I don't even remember you saying shelbys should have carbon ceramics nor have I ever heard of them vibrating on the zr1.

And I seriously think you have a reading comprehension problem. He said he would do my car what the hell are you talking? He was referring to just spraying clear coat over my car after wet sanding. And I said why can't you do it? He said if I want to pay all that money for it he could do it. Seriously I think you are now one of those people that read and hear something that somehow it gets twisted in your brain so you spit it out back completely wrong.

Oh yeah thats right my mistake sorry I totally forgot you were on here with another name for a while..yeah you were the other guy!!.. :hysterical: .

Oh yeah thats right my mistake sorry I totally forgot you were on here with another name for a while..yeah you were the other guy!!.. :hysterical: .

I don't know if you are joking and messing with me or just a really THAT dumb. But I give up. Too bad there is no ignore function so I don't have to see these idiotic posts anymore.

I don't know if you are joking and messing with me or just a really THAT dumb. But I give up. Too bad there is no ignore function so I don't have to see these idiotic posts anymore.

Guys,

This soap opera is TIRING. Enough.

Jer

This may be a little off topic but, about those Carbon Ceramic brakes....

Now I haven't done any research on carbon ceramic brakes but I just got the baer extremes installed and I think they stop on a dime. Best brakes I have ever had. I don't know how the CC brakes would be even better, they would just put me through the windshield when I stop. lol. But I do like the idea of very little brake dust and if they are lighter, even better! But at a price higher than Baer Extremes, just curious on how many people are gonna shell out a lot more money when the extremes or the Wilwoods are awesome as it is.

Carbon Ceramic brakes will not necessarily reduce brake dust. The dust comes from the brake pad. Carbon Ceramic rotors typically reduce weight over cast iron rotors and dissipate heat much quicker which prolongs their use under extreme conditions. In fact, they dissipate heat so well that they are often less effective at braking than cast iron until they are used in the extreme.

Carbon Ceramic brakes will not necessarily reduce brake dust. The dust comes from the brake pad. Carbon Ceramic rotors typically reduce weight over cast iron rotors and dissipate heat much quicker which prolongs their use under extreme conditions. In fact, they dissipate heat so well that they are often less effective at braking than cast iron until they are used in the extreme.

I have to disagree with you EL on the brake dust thing...My GT500 even the sides of the car was coated with the dust as was my Z06 and it

didn't take very long for that to happen but my ZR1 I can drive all day long and get very little brake dust not only on the sides of the car but

even on the rims...I thought there was something wrong so I went on a Vette forum and sure enough that was one of the perks that CC brakes

gives you..as far as weight the 151/2 inch CC rotors on my car weigh 3 lbs each..one thing you have to be careful with the CC rotors is when

changing the tires you got make sure you don't chip the edges of the rotor or they're toast..but really the lack of brake dust is a breath of fresh

air IMO.

Jer sorry about the SVT13 thing..he just gets to me big time but I'll keep it off here from now on.... :salute:

Archived