TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Danica files for divorce!

If she gets a good enough lawyer maybe she'll finally win something.

^ Exactly.

Some chick with a lot of looks that cannot win a car race.

There's 43 Cars on that Track and there are several Male Drivers that have yet to Win a Race as well..........but I'd rather look at Danica.

There's 43 Cars on that Track and there are several Male Drivers that have yet to Win a Race as well..........but I'd rather look at Danica.

... If you like wrecks.

She's either causing 'em or involved in 'em. :shrug:

She is easy on the eyes though... B)

I think she's doing a pretty fine job. It is not easy doing what she is doing. I'm interested to see if she improves this year. I think that she will. I first met her when she was about 17-18 running Formula Atlantics. I was working as an official in a open wheel series called Formula Renault. She does have skill behind the wheel no doubt. I can understand how perception from the outside however can be a very different thing however. Just like Dale Jr., there are millions of people who love or hate him, who have no idea who he really is.

I think she's doing a pretty fine job. It is not easy doing what she is doing. I'm interested to see if she improves this year. I think that she will. I first met her when she was about 17-18 running Formula Atlantics. I was working as an official in a open wheel series called Formula Renault. She does have skill behind the wheel no doubt. I can understand how perception from the outside however can be a very different thing however. Just like Dale Jr., there are millions of people who love or hate him, who have no idea who he really is.

So TRUE. Especially when you have 25 other Drivers gunning for you.

Quick change of subject.................Jeff, post some pick of your AutoKraft Shorties in another thread. I knew about the T-Birds but not the Lincolns. I have only see two of the Birds, a Black One and a red One.

great post Jeff.

Have fun at Daytona next week! :salute:

Very well said...I would love to see all the haters try what she does..she may not be at the top but she's there racing with them..more than what we've done.

So TRUE. Especially when you have 25 other Drivers gunning for you.

Quick change of subject.................Jeff, post some pick of your AutoKraft Shorties in another thread. I knew about the T-Birds but not the Lincolns. I have only see two of the Birds, a Black One and a red One.

There is a pic of the Bird and the Lincoln in post #3 of this thread. He did just one Lincoln just for fun since it was on the same chassis as the T-Bird. He built this car for his wife's driver for quite a few years. I just bought it a couple years ago when they were done with it.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/62460-my-shelby-garage-and-cafe/page__hl__swb006?do=findComment&comment=1062509

sorry. Who is DANICA???

She is the Female counterpart to Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Big name but relatively win-less.

Phill (and I'm a BIG Danica fan)

I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I also am familiar with Danica from back in the Formula Atlantic days when she was with Bobby Rayhal/Rayhal Racing and coming up through the ranks.

People don't realize how HARD it is, JUST TO QUALIFY in the NASCAR Cup & Busch (now Nationwide) series' let alone RACE in them.

Who was the gal that was the flavor of the day last week? Shawna Robinson, or something like that. She couldn't win to save her life but she consistently qualified. The "bench racers" on the NASCAR Usenet Newsgroup loved to beat up on her and I said the same thing there...."Let me see YOU *qualify* a car...." Not race one, just QUALIFY one." I'll bet your house against mine that you can't. It's HARD to run at that level.

We (Team 83 Motorsports) had a driver named Jeff Finley. He was recommended to us by Kenny Schrader. A good kid out of Missouri (I believe) that was pretty successful on the dirt tracks and could set-up a car like no one else could (reminded me of Ray Evernham). We had a little "semi-success" in ARCA with him. We had tip-top equipment (it was Billy Venturini's former team, Ed Rensi bought him out in a hostile buy-out). Ed Rensi (actually, Ed's WIFE!) budged $5,000,000.oo for start-up money for that team. We proved the equipment was good one time when Jeff was injured and we had Mike Wallace drive for him. That was at the Charlotte ARCA race where Adam Petty won and gained the title (from Kyle Petty) of "youngest driver to ever win a major stock car race". We took 2nd place but SHOULD have won because Mike could get up on Adam's spoiler and make him REAL loose (to pass him). We kept telling him to GET HIM LOOSE AND PASS HIM. He refused because he was a regular in the Craftsman Truck Series (CTS) racing against RICHARD PETTY and he "didn't want to piss Richard Petty off". So he let Adam win and we took second. Point being, WE HAD GREAT EQUIPMENT. We had WINNING equipment (WITH the "right driver").

Eventually "Big Ed" (Ed Rensi-Team Owner) decided to move up into the Busch Grand National (BGN) series, bringing Jeff Finley with him as his driver. He couldn't keep the #83 he had for so long and NASCAR designated the #25 to the team so Ed changed the team name to Team Rensi Motorsports (running the #25 Team Marines car).

Ed needed a new/better Crew Chief because the current CC (Ace Kohler) just wasn't up to snuff enough to compete at that level of racing. Again, Ken Schrader recommended a guy for us. His name was David Ifft (google him for a kick). David worked with Darell Waltrip and Bennie Parsons (amongst others) and had a Winston Cup championship under his belt but he and Jeff were like oil & water (they did NOT get along). The problem was, David was 'old school'. He'd set the car up and tell Jeff, "DRIVE IT". At Daytona practice, Jeff came in and said "it needs more right front shock". David Ifft had a FIT...."*I* say how to set up a car and YOU drive it, God Damnit, GO DRIVE IT" (Jeff went back out and promptly put it into the wall). David was a GREAT Crew Cheif 20 years prior but he hadn't kept up with technology (he refused to use the brand new shock dyno that Ed bought him...Brand spankin' new and it sat in a corner of the shop, under a cover, unused (I can't remember the cost, but it was a small fortune). Shock technology was THE single greatest technological advance in NASCAR that had happened in the past 20 years, and David Ifft flat out REFUSED to learn it.

Anyway, at the first race (Daytona 300) our *primary* goal was to FINISH the race. Our objective to finish the race ON THE LEAD LAP. We had a good race and finished 13th.

That wasn't good enough for David Ifft. He eventually pushed Jeff out in favor of his (David Ifft's) favorite driver and good buddy, Kenny Wallace (and shafted the crew by replacing them all with is kids).

Kenny Wallace missed qualifying the car many times and never even "placed" the car (finished on the podium) once. I remember one time when Jeff Finley was having trouble getting a qualifying speed when Ed bluntly said "If you can't qualify that car, I can go get another driver to qualify that car, in a SECOND" (he EXPECTED a qualifying position, AT THE VERY LEAST).

"You must qualify before you can race and you must finish before you can win."

Eventually Ed got rid of David Ifft and hired Harold Holly (a VERY good BGN CC). Howard brought Bobby Hamilton Jr. in and the team finally started having some limited success. Today, Jeff Finley's son Chad is the driver for the team and they are on a shoe-string budget. It is VERY expensive to race at that level...I think that was at the $25,000,000.00 mark that Ed stopped pouring money into the team.

The whole point of my story is, IT IS HARD TO *QUALIFY* AT THAT LEVEL, and even HARDER TO RACE AT THAT LEVEL (and remember, BGN is a "feeder" to CUP!).

If anyone thinks Danica is a deadbeat...Go out there and do better. I challenge you.

Phill Pollard

I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I also am familiar with Danica from back in the Formula Atlantic days when she was with Bobby Rayhal/Rayhal Racing and coming up through the ranks.

People don't realize how HARD it is, JUST TO QUALIFY in the NASCAR Cup & Busch (now Nationwide) series' let alone RACE in them.

Who was the gal that was the flavor of the day last week? Shawna Robinson, or something like that. She couldn't win to save her life but she consistently qualified. The "bench racers" on the NASCAR Usenet Newsgroup loved to beat up on her and I said the same thing there...."Let me see YOU *qualify* a car...." Not race one, just QUALIFY one." I'll bet your house against mine that you can't. It's HARD to run at that level.

We (Team 83 Motorsports) had a driver named Jeff Finley. He was recommended to us by Kenny Schrader. A good kid out of Missouri (I believe) that was pretty successful on the dirt tracks and could set-up a car like no one else could (reminded me of Ray Evernham). We had a little "semi-success" in ARCA with him. We had tip-top equipment (it was Billy Venturini's former team, Ed Rensi bought him out in a hostile buy-out). Ed Rensi (actually, Ed's WIFE!) budged $5,000,000.oo for start-up money for that team. We proved the equipment was good one time when Jeff was injured and we had Mike Wallace drive for him. That was at the Charlotte ARCA race where Adam Petty won and gained the title (from Kyle Petty) of "youngest driver to ever win a major stock car race". We took 2nd place but SHOULD have won because Mike could get up on Adam's spoiler and make him REAL loose (to pass him). We kept telling him to GET HIM LOOSE AND PASS HIM. He refused because he was a regular in the Craftsman Truck Series (CTS) racing against RICHARD PETTY and he "didn't want to piss Richard Petty off". So he let Adam win and we took second. Point being, WE HAD GREAT EQUIPMENT. We had WINNING equipment (WITH the "right driver").

Eventually "Big Ed" (Ed Rensi-Team Owner) decided to move up into the Busch Grand National (BGN) series, bringing Jeff Finley with him as his driver. He couldn't keep the #83 he had for so long and NASCAR designated the #25 to the team so Ed changed the team name to Team Rensi Motorsports (running the #25 Team Marines car).

Ed needed a new/better Crew Chief because the current CC (Ace Kohler) just wasn't up to snuff enough to compete at that level of racing. Again, Ken Schrader recommended a guy for us. His name was David Ifft (google him for a kick). David worked with Darell Waltrip and Bennie Parsons (amongst others) and had a Winston Cup championship under his belt but he and Jeff were like oil & water (they did NOT get along). The problem was, David was 'old school'. He'd set the car up and tell Jeff, "DRIVE IT". At Daytona practice, Jeff came in and said "it needs more right front shock". David Ifft had a FIT...."*I* say how to set up a car and YOU drive it, God Damnit, GO DRIVE IT" (Jeff went back out and promptly put it into the wall). David was a GREAT Crew Cheif 20 years prior but he hadn't kept up with technology (he refused to use the brand new shock dyno that Ed bought him...Brand spankin' new and it sat in a corner of the shop, under a cover, unused (I can't remember the cost, but it was a small fortune). Shock technology was THE single greatest technological advance in NASCAR that had happened in the past 20 years, and David Ifft flat out REFUSED to learn it.

Anyway, at the first race (Daytona 300) our *primary* goal was to FINISH the race. Our objective to finish the race ON THE LEAD LAP. We had a good race and finished 13th.

That wasn't good enough for David Ifft. He eventually pushed Jeff out in favor of his (David Ifft's) favorite driver and good buddy, Kenny Wallace (and shafted the crew by replacing them all with is kids).

Kenny Wallace missed qualifying the car many times and never even "placed" the car (finished on the podium) once. I remember one time when Jeff Finley was having trouble getting a qualifying speed when Ed bluntly said "If you can't qualify that car, I can go get another driver to qualify that car, in a SECOND" (he EXPECTED a qualifying position, AT THE VERY LEAST).

"You must qualify before you can race and you must finish before you can win."

Eventually Ed got rid of David Ifft and hired Harold Holly (a VERY good BGN CC). Howard brought Bobby Hamilton Jr. in and the team finally started having some limited success. Today, Jeff Finley's son Chad is the driver for the team and they are on a shoe-string budget. It is VERY expensive to race at that level...I think that was at the $25,000,000.00 mark that Ed stopped pouring money into the team.

The whole point of my story is, IT IS HARD TO *QUALIFY* AT THAT LEVEL, and even HARDER TO RACE AT THAT LEVEL (and remember, BGN is a "feeder" to CUP!).

If anyone thinks Danica is a deadbeat...Go out there and do better. I challenge you.

Phill Pollard

Holy Crap Phil! This is way to long to read.... :drop: Are you retired? :headscratch:

This really must bother you...

Are you retired? :headscratch:

This really must bother you...

Yes, to both!

I AM retired and DAVID IFFT really bothers me (he ruined a really good team).

Phill

I still think Danica is really Jeff Gordon in drag. Did you ever notice that the two of them are never in the same place at the same time? :hysterical:

Thats because Jeff has a Court Order to stay 500 Feet away................................. :hysterical2:

Archived