TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS....PRODUCTION REDUCTION ON 2008

Nothing against you Dude, but I'll believe it when I see it (as should you).

There were MANY instances in 2006, throughout the year, where we had stories posted about, "my dealer was told x by his Ford rep...", only to find that the rep was wrong or "thought" something was going to happen and jumped the gun by telling the dealer. Those that have been on the forum a while will remember many of them. Most were quickly debunked when other dealer guys here, who had different Ford reps, got different (correct) info.

+100

The sky ain't falling yet. Even if the rumor turns out to be true. If these types of rumors were simply stated and left at that, I might be more inclined to believe 'em, but they always seem to be immediately followed by "so you MSRP fools folks may not get one!"

1,000 less GT500s, IMO, aren't going to make a bit of difference. If they announce there will officially be no 2009, that would be significant. And let's not kid ourselves, I predict at least a half dozen announcements in the coming months stating "I have been told by such-and-such source the 2009 is officially dead."

I just want to know this

Can I keep the Shelby GT500 that I have now

I like it and it seems if I were to get rid of it I would have trouble getting another one

:banghead:

It's not a contract where both parties signed. It was an enrollment form that only the dealer signed and mailed in to Ford.

So how much weight that form would have I couldn't say. But I would sure like to at least try to use it against them to get our second car we were promised!

I will read it over to double check everything when I go back to the dealership on Wed.

Well FORD don't piss off your Mustang people or your slumping sales will continue.

If people get disappointed and get tied of empty promisses they will look to GM or

Chrysler coming out with new models. FORD don't blow it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I personally know a regional zone rep, and will be calling tomorrow to ask some questions!

Well, it took a couple days, but this is what I found out from my contact within Ford. This is the e-mail I got a few minutes ago:

Rob,

Just got an answer - the KR's are part of the total planned Shelby GT 500 production run, so our plans have not changed as far as total numbers.

Well, it took a couple days, but this is what I found out from my contact within Ford. This is the e-mail I got a few minutes ago:

Rob,

Just got an answer - the KR's are part of the total planned Shelby GT 500 production run, so our plans have not changed as far as total numbers.

That would seem to indicate if there are 1000 KR's, there will be 1000 less regular GT500's ??

Rob,

That appears they will cut 1,000 of GT500's from total production to make up for the KR's.

I spent hours calling on this trying to get some confirmed info as to what is going on with this.

What I was told was every dealer will get at least one GT500 which is part of the original agreement.

Then all president winners will probably get one extra for that.

All the SVT Focus and Full Line SVT dealers will not get extra allocation like they did for 07. They are supposedly doing away with that part of the allocation allotment.

Then all remaining units will be based on share of nation.

OK

Then I called SVT. They said they have not heard anything about any of this and that as far as they know allocation will be based on the same as 07.

I said that since this car is built by SVT that it would really be sh*ty to cut out their SVT dealers just to feed more for the big volumn dealers. They agreed and said they can't because they have a contractual obligation to give the SVT dealers the same allocation they got for 07!

They also said they think what we were told was backwards. That the only change will be the allocation based on share of nation where there would be less to go around to the volumn dealers because of the 1,000 units going to the KR's.

This makes more sense to me. Allocation was set up where every dealer got one. President winners got one extra for that. Focus SVT dealers got one extra for that and Full Line SVT Dealers got 2 extra for that. Then LAST on the list was any remaining units go to share of nation. So since extra units was based on share of nation and since that was based on any remaining left over allocation available, then that is the part that should be affected by the 1,000 less units. NOT by pushing the volumn dealers to the top and casting out the SVT Dealers and shafting them from getting their allocation that was promised to them.

Then I talked to our rep again. Then I was told that dropping the SVT dealers from the allocation program is what management is talking about doing, but nothing has been finalized yet!

Great! THEN WHY THE F&^% ARE YOU EVEN SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS FOR IF NOTHING HAS BEEN FINALIZED YET!!!!!!!!

I've got deposits on TWO units. If we are getting only one for 08 then one customer is going to be very upset to find out they won't be getting their car! This is what happened to a lot of customers in 07 where dealers took many deposits on cars they never would get and knew they wouldn't get. We don't need this crap. We NEED to know so customers don't get strung along because dealers were told they would get the same intitial allocation they got for 07 again for 08.

They understand.....Yeah, BS! They obviously don't care or they would have announced what they are doing if they are changing anything! But that is FORD. Always a day late and a dollare short!

So the ONLY thing that seems to be for certain is that there will be 1,000 less GT500's built to allow for the 1,000 KR's. As far as how allocation will work is every dealer will get at least one. Everything else after that is all up in the air and nothing confirmed.

10,000 08' 500's

-1,000 KR's

9,000 2008 GT500's.

That appears they will cut 1,000 of GT500's from total production to make up for the KR's.

So the ONLY thing that seems to be for certain is that there will be 1,000 less GT500's built to allow for the 1,000 KR's.

Yes. This is correct.

Relax...and breath deep. It's OK.

10,000 08' 500's

-1,000 KR's

9,000 2008 GT500's.

I heard 10,000 from an exec in NYC at the show as well. So, 9,000 GT500's is a boost from the *official* 2007 build of 8,000. I would not be surprised if actual build for '07 wasn't more like 8,500. Either way, I am NOT panicking, I will NOT pay ADM, and I plan to be able to order an '08 for MSRP.

Watch out for me, I am very goal driven :hysterical:

If there turns out to be an ADM for the '500 all of '08, then I guess I better find something else. I have waited over 2 years already, and I will buy another ride if I don't have one by spring. I just won't say what :devil: right now. :stirpot:

My true feelings are that some of the high market has been sated, and this slight adjustment to production- IF TRUE AT ALL- will not do diddly to the market. Combine this with competition coming, and I believe it will ease things out.

I don't doubt that you heard this ShelbyDude, I just hear so damn many rumors throughout the year that I will wait and see..but I don't think it really means that much at all-- even if completely accurate.

Don't worry, folks, I would bet the farm that '09 is a given, short of some catastrophic event occurring.....

I heard 10,000 from an exec in NYC at the show as well. So, 9,000 GT500's is a boost from the *official* 2007 build of 8,000. I would not be surprised if actual build for '07 wasn't more like 8,500. Either way, I am NOT panicking, I will NOT pay ADM, and I plan to be able to order an '08 for MSRP.

Watch out for me, I am very goal driven :hysterical:

If there turns out to be an ADM for the '500 all of '08, then I guess I better find something else. I have waited over 2 years already, and I will buy another ride if I don't have one by spring. I just won't say what :devil: right now. :stirpot:

My true feelings are that some of the high market has been sated, and this slight adjustment to production- IF TRUE AT ALL- will not do diddly to the market. Combine this with competition coming, and I believe it will ease things out.

I don't doubt that you heard this ShelbyDude, I just hear so damn many rumors throughout the year that I will wait and see..but I don't think it really means that much at all-- even if completely accurate.

Don't worry, folks, I would bet the farm that '09 is a given, short of some catastrophic event occurring.....

:yup::yup::yup: One who runs with Crispness speaks the truth.

[/color]

WELL DEALERSHIP IN LOUISIANA GOT 1 FOR 2007 & I GOT THE 1 FOR 2008 aT MSRP. BE WAITING FOR TWO YEARS MISSED 07 BY 3 DAYS SO I PUT DEPOSIT DOWN AND GOT CONTACT ORDER CAE 5-3-07 NOW THE WAITING GAME LIKE I READ ALL LAST YEAR.GREAT INFORMATION HEAR DEALER WHAT TO KNOW HOW I KNOW ALL THESE THINGS ETC ,THESE ARE GREATEST PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS AND VERY SMART.YALL DO NOT MISS LEAD ANY ONE THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/color]

So far I have got conflicting stories from what some of the ford reps in different regions have been telling their dealers from what I was told from SVT.

According to the ford rep they are building only 8,000 GT500's PLUS the 1,000 KR's. Because of that they are changing around the way they are giving out 08 allocation.

According to the ford reps based on what our rep said and simular to what a few other reps in different regions have told their dealers, most all the 08 allocation will be given to dealers based on share of nation.

According to SVT they said they plan on building approx. the same number of units in 08 they built in 07 with the only exception being 1,000 of those will be the KR.

They could not tell me how many they built for 07.

Basically what this comes down to based on what the ford reps have said is that all the Focus SVT and Full Line SVT Dealers that got allocation because of being SVT will NOT get any of that allocation for 08. They are talking about eliminating that part of the allocation agreement!

Instead they will just give all allocation based on share of nation.

This is going to create a big problem for any SVT dealers that already took deposits and promised an 08 to their customers because FORD had promised them they would get the same allocation for 08 they got in 07.

As a result of this those dealers will have to tell their customers to bad! You won't be getting your car. Here is your deposit back we had tied up for months! Ford just said we can't have the cars they promised us now! They felt it was better to just give them all to all their higher volumn dealers instead.

Based on how a lot of customers have already been screwed over by dealers last year where dealers took more deposits than cars they knew they were getting and based on dealers that presold these at agreed upon prices where they came back and wanted more money and then sold to another buyer instead because they were willing to pay more.....DOES FORD AND THESE SVT DEALERS REALLY NEED THIS?????

This is what they are talking about doing. Although now they say it hasn't been finalized yet, but that is what they are wanting to do with 08 allocation.

Every dealer will still get their one. President winners are supposedly going to get their extra one. Just all the SVT Dealers are going to get the shaft so FORD can feed more allocation to their higher volumn dealers. I guess some of them getting 7 - 15 cars wasn't enough! So stick it to the SVT Dealers and the hell with their customers that were already promised a car because FORD PROMISED THE DEALER THEY WOULD GET THAT ALLOCATION!

Now SVT says they have not been told anything yet. SVT says they have to give the SVT Dealers the same allocation they got in 07 because they have a contractual obligation to do so. SVT says they think the reps misunderstood what management was saying and that dealers that get extra based on share of nation would be the ones that get less if anything because of the 1,000 being built as the KR. Ford reps are saying the opposite. SVT hasn't gotten anything from Ford on this.

So who knows what Ford is doing here! I just know that I have been raising some hell over it in hopes of saving a lot of customers from having to be told they will not be getting their car they were promised and paid a deposit on because FORD decided to change everything around without first telling their dealers about it so they could have prevented from taking your deposits because they were promised the same allocation for 08! This is the kind of crap Ford pulls.

So what's more important? Taking care of the customers that were already presold a car that they have a deposit on....or screw those customers and just feed the extra units to our favorite higher volumn dealers????

Hopefully this can be prevented from happening.

WELL DEALERSHIP IN LOUISIANA GOT 1 FOR 2007 & I GOT THE 1 FOR 2008 aT MSRP. BE WAITING FOR TWO YEARS MISSED 07 BY 3 DAYS SO I PUT DEPOSIT DOWN AND GOT CONTACT ORDER CAE 5-3-07 NOW THE WAITING GAME LIKE I READ ALL LAST YEAR.GREAT INFORMATION HEAR DEALER WHAT TO KNOW HOW I KNOW ALL THESE THINGS ETC ,THESE ARE GREATEST PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS AND VERY SMART.YALL DO NOT MISS LEAD ANY ONE THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your deal. Do you have PSDS yet?

Forum hint: Using all Caps is yelling. Do you mean to be yelling ?

QUICK!

Somebody call Dana White and see about setting up an Ultimate Fighter challenge to settle the "WHO GETS ONE" question....

I'll get in the ring for 1 round with the "Iceman" Chuck Lidell for a KR or an SS at MSRP!

BRING IT ON!!!!!

So far I have got conflicting stories from what some of the ford reps in different regions have been telling their dealers from what I was told from SVT.

According to the ford rep they are building only 8,000 GT500's PLUS the 1,000 KR's. Because of that they are changing around the way they are giving out 08 allocation.

According to the ford reps based on what our rep said and simular to what a few other reps in different regions have told their dealers, most all the 08 allocation will be given to dealers based on share of nation.

According to SVT they said they plan on building approx. the same number of units in 08 they built in 07 with the only exception being 1,000 of those will be the KR.

They could not tell me how many they built for 07.

Basically what this comes down to based on what the ford reps have said is that all the Focus SVT and Full Line SVT Dealers that got allocation because of being SVT will NOT get any of that allocation for 08. They are talking about eliminating that part of the allocation agreement!

Instead they will just give all allocation based on share of nation.

This is going to create a big problem for any SVT dealers that already took deposits and promised an 08 to their customers because FORD had promised them they would get the same allocation for 08 they got in 07.

As a result of this those dealers will have to tell their customers to bad! You won't be getting your car. Here is your deposit back we had tied up for months! Ford just said we can't have the cars they promised us now! They felt it was better to just give them all to all their higher volumn dealers instead.

Based on how a lot of customers have already been screwed over by dealers last year where dealers took more deposits than cars they knew they were getting and based on dealers that presold these at agreed upon prices where they came back and wanted more money and then sold to another buyer instead because they were willing to pay more.....DOES FORD AND THESE SVT DEALERS REALLY NEED THIS?????

This is what they are talking about doing. Although now they say it hasn't been finalized yet, but that is what they are wanting to do with 08 allocation.

Every dealer will still get their one. President winners are supposedly going to get their extra one. Just all the SVT Dealers are going to get the shaft so FORD can feed more allocation to their higher volumn dealers. I guess some of them getting 7 - 15 cars wasn't enough! So stick it to the SVT Dealers and the hell with their customers that were already promised a car because FORD PROMISED THE DEALER THEY WOULD GET THAT ALLOCATION!

Now SVT says they have not been told anything yet. SVT says they have to give the SVT Dealers the same allocation they got in 07 because they have a contractual obligation to do so. SVT says they think the reps misunderstood what management was saying and that dealers that get extra based on share of nation would be the ones that get less if anything because of the 1,000 being built as the KR. Ford reps are saying the opposite. SVT hasn't gotten anything from Ford on this.

So who knows what Ford is doing here! I just know that I have been raising some hell over it in hopes of saving a lot of customers from having to be told they will not be getting their car they were promised and paid a deposit on because FORD decided to change everything around without first telling their dealers about it so they could have prevented from taking your deposits because they were promised the same allocation for 08! This is the kind of crap Ford pulls.

So what's more important? Taking care of the customers that were already presold a car that they have a deposit on....or screw those customers and just feed the extra units to our favorite higher volumn dealers????

Hopefully this can be prevented from happening.

Welcome to the world of buying a Shelby GT-500 from FOMOC. We went through all of this complaining last year. Please for eveyone' :redcard: s benefit let's not have a repeat. Ford is not going to change their business model/practices, so go with the flow or look for another car. It is what is is and apparently nobody really cares up in that ivory tower at FOMOC.

The Red Stripe package was created because the line was shut down for two weeks in order to incorporate a new fuel tank design into the Job 2 cars. As a result of that shutdown, an opening was created to build addtional 2007 500's, so they came up with the Red Stripe package for those extra allocation of cars.

I'm curious. How does a line shutdown allow for additional cars to be produced? I would think shuting down the production line would result in fewer cars being produced. How many extra 2007s were allocated?

Archived