TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07-09 dash plaques

jrg10759

If its any help, I had the same "dilema". I couldnt decide which one to get. I waited to hear from other members. The thread can be found here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/79166-gt500-dash-plaques-are-now-available/

I decided in the end that I wanted the plaque in my car sooner and just ordered the stamped one. I was going to be sending my airbag cover to the foundation for the autopen signature in the next few weeks anyway. That was my rational for my decision. Hope that helps.

I ordered one already stamped. I do have a lot of original things signed by CS, I am not sure I understand the whole autopen signature thing, that is the point? If it is not actually signed by CS, I don't see the interest or value unless it is just for looks. Take 2 documents from a famous person, one actually signed by the person and one auto-pen signed (or signed by their admin) - one has value, the other not so much.

I ordered one already stamped also . The last time I ordered one I paid a whole lot more , it took eleven months to get , and instead of being signed by the man it turned out to be an autopen signature one . Call it poor timing or bad luck or what ever . I've seen the ones in SGT's and they have a stamped signature and to me look better than the autopen ones . JMO . Whether it is to replace an original signature ( to put away in a collection ) or an autopen signature one ( a notable donation to the Foundation ) I think that the stamped version is more appropriate for being mounted on the dash , also cheaper and quicker ( I hope ) to get . Once again JMO .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321026556072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648 (for likeness. Mine's centered a bit better)

Jer, there any way you can take an original (COA authentic) Carroll Shelby signed dash plaque and add in my GT500's VIN & the CS logo to the plaque? I wouldn't have any issue paying full price and I wouldn't need the stamped or autopen sig, since it lessen the value of the original autograph. Thanks Jer!

I have the auto pen, and I think it is fine, I made the order a year before Mr Shelby died, but was unable to get his original signature. It finally came in the mail this past November, It comes with a nice "Legacy Collections" COA from Shelby international, and looks sparkling in my car!

Wish you luck on your decision

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2648 (for likeness. Mine's centered a bit better)

Jer, there any way you can take an original (COA authentic) Carroll Shelby signed dash plaque and add in my GT500's VIN & the CS logo to the plaque? I wouldn't have any issue paying full price and I wouldn't need the stamped or autopen sig, since it lessen the value of the original autograph. Thanks Jer!

:lurk:

Heard back from Jer yesterday ref. my question on getting CS logo and VIN added to my COA dash plaque. In short, not possible. Makes sense. Jer took the time to respond to my email to him on the same day (Sunday, of a three day weekend). Wow, now that's work ethic! I obviously didn't expect such a fast response and feel bad-- but also even more loyal to the CS parts brand! Hope I didn't hijack this great thread! Thanks JRG10759.

Archived