TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did anyone buy a GT500 desk lamp over the holidays?.......

Saw these at the local Hobby Lobby. Couldn't talk myself into pulling the trigger though. Very cool. They also had plates and a shelf that looked like the front of the Shelby.

I bought this lamp on Monday night. Hobby Lobby has them for 50% off, if you can still find one. They were a "special purchase" for the holidays from what I have been told and most have been sold, but there are a few left out there. Originally they were too high for me also at $100, but for $50, I figured I would grab one. I have a new desk set up and needed a lamp.

Summit Racing also has a similar lamp, but I like this one better.

R

I have to buy one for my office. Does anyone have a link to this product? I've checked 3 pages of Google search results trying to find it. Thanks

The only one I found on a Google search was $140+. I think I found it on Amazon and it was listed as a 2013 Shelby Super Snake lamp. When I saw that price, I started calling my local Hobby Lobby first, and then stretching out to further locations from there. I found that the store 20 minutes south of Cocoa Beach Florida had "1", so I took a 80 mile (each way) road trip on Monday night to get it. The next closest lamp i found was at one of the Jacksonville Fla. stores.

If it helps at all.............here is the info. from the bottom of the lamp.

016-2_zpsd339f965.jpg

R

Actually, my family bought me a 1968 Shelby lamp for Christmas. It has images of an old '68 on the shade, a cobra holding it up, and a 1968 model on the lamp along with a key to turn it on. Literally, it uses a sound clip of the car. :camera:

I saw that lamp on-line also............pretty cool!!

R

Archived