TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Focus...WTF

39Mustang

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think a Shelby developed Fusion GTS would have greater appeal to a broader audience. The Shelby Focus has its market niche but feel is limited in appeal beyond 35+yr old group. The new Fusion with its Austin Martin looks( didn't Shelby win in an Austin back in the day) is just a great looking car. Technically, it leads its class in stock form. Add the Shelby performance touch and mild appearance enhancements and you have a winner. I for one would sell my 5 series BMW and get on the waiting list to get one next to my GT.

I totally agree, and with the manufacturers trying to get back into the Race on Sunday and Sell on Monday mentality in NASCAR, Ford really needs a Hot Rod Fusion. The GM SS looks like it's going to be a pretty racey machine when it goes on sale. It's going to be limited production and be pretty pricey. I totally agree, I think there are many more 30's-60's Ford buyers that would step up to the plate and trade their euro boxes on a Shelby Fusion. I know for me, I just couldn't choose a $40K plus Focus over, for example a Boss Mustang. But a similarly or plus priced Fusion to be a quality, fast, family truckster, that would get me thinking.

this much time later just say NOOOOOOOO to the focus

someone on here said I may get one for a daily driver, umm, cold day in hell burrrrrrr

• 1 month later...

My nephew is 20 years old in college and a gear head and belongs to a drifting club.http://www.evergreendrift.com/ check out the pictures.

Talking to him and his buddies Nissan and Subaru is the only car they drive. Ford / Shelby will have a tough time convincing "these" drifters to change their colors.

What the target demographics for the Shelby Focus?

this much time later just say NOOOOOOOO to the focus

someone on here said I may get one for a daily driver, umm, cold day in hell burrrrrrr

There is nothing wrong with Shelby trying to expand their product line. Over the years they have created a multitude of Mustangs, SUVs, sedans and yes, ecoboxes. In today's times, perhaps a Shelby Focus makes more sense as a daily driver than a supercharged V8 Mustang. Many Shelby fans might want to save their fire breathing monsters for the week-end and drive a smaller, more efficient car(yet, one that still displays the Shelby touch) for their commutes. Better mileage, more maneuverable in traffic, easier to park-yet,still fun to drive. What's not to like?

As to the price, some folks think the Shelby Mustangs are over priced(I don't) dinosaurs. Others think the connection to a legend and the increased performance are worth it-same with the Focus.

My nephew is 20 years old in college and a gear head and belongs to a drifting club.http://www.evergreendrift.com/ check out the pictures.

Talking to him and his buddies Nissan and Subaru is the only car they drive. Ford / Shelby will have a tough time convincing "these" drifters to change their colors.

What the target demographics for the Shelby Focus?

If they can be convinced to drive underperforming Nissans(other than the GTR) and goofy looking Subes, than why not a Focus? As to drifting, Mustangs, Vettes and Vipers have been winning many of those "competitions" for years now-guess they still won't drive domestics? Their loss.

Um, pretty much impossible to drift a front wheel drive car, so yes, it's going to be one hell of a sales job by Shelby to talk a drifter into a Focus.

The Focus is the top selling name plate in the world, just don't tell Toyota. Point being, there are plenty of opportunities for Shelby to sell these.

If they can be convinced to drive underperforming Nissans(other than the GTR) and goofy looking Subes, than why not a Focus? As to drifting, Mustangs, Vettes and Vipers have been winning many of those "competitions" for years now-guess they still won't drive domestics? Their loss.

I'm with you 100%. My dad's in his 80's and he doesn't understand why I have a GT500 sitting in the garage he thinks it's a waste of time and money. I'm in my 50's and I love my GT500 even though I don't drive as much as I would like. Then you have my nephew who is 20 thinks the GT500 is a cool car but he's into other stuff.

My nephew can buy any car he wants. He's been developing apps in his spare time for Verizon and AT&T and he's making a ton of money so it's not about the money.

• 1 month later...

While I hope not to see the Shelby name thrown onto every car that exists in hopes to sell sell and again, sell; the Shelby Focus is no joke. The regular Focus ST is already a very fast performing car and great handling car: nearly top of its class. After the Shelby package, this car is performing top of the market for cars like this with a significantly smaller pricetag than most of its counterparts.

I just wish they would throw a couple of non-hatchback foci in there. I know, the hatchback shape is part of the whole thing...

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

When Dodge made the SRT 4 Neon based car and Ford has made the ST they are bottom level cars for the companys. The GLHS did so well because it was the companys top level car like the STi is to Sube and the EVO is to Mitsu. In truth though there wasn't much on the road that out cornered the Shelby Dodges. I have my muscle cars still, they are lucky to end up in handling where the Shelbys start out. My 89 amazes kids driving modded STi's because of the handling and breaking. It does suck today though to autocross the CSX, it is in street prepared A class because of what it was new. I wonder how many Mustangs are in A class with it? Mustangs are in E, GLHS's are in D, the Cobra is in B class and the GT and the 89 CSX are in A. Guess it would have been nice to perform worse when new today lol.

Today the apples to apples comparing between how the Dodges faired and the Fords with street cars isn't so hot for the Mustang. The at Willow the Shelby Dodges hung with the best in the world at the time like the Cobra did. Todays FWD are those manufactures "cheap" cars so you won't see them shock anyone today. I really like the ST myself, got a Shelby version FS a few clocks from me now at the Ford dealer in Spokane.

Archived