TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Focus...WTF

39Mustang

When I saw it, I threw up in my mouth a little

speechless! trying to say something without cussing but not possible

going to the garage to pet my 2 Shelby's and rev those V8's!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With ever increasing CAFE standards, this WILL be a BIG part of the automotive landscape, like it or not.

And any succe$$ful company wants to be in the game early and not playing catch up.

This was part of Carroll's vision for the future, embrace it or not. It is here to stay.

Well, I don't think it will pace a Vette like the GLHS did but I suspect it will be pretty spectacular.

They're supposed to handle like they're on RAILS.

Check out the FRPP site and see what they're already offering for them.

Power to weight bud, power to weight.

Carroll Shelby said there's two ways to go fast. Make it LIGHT or make it POWERFUL. Do BOTH, and you got a dang ROCKET on your hands.

And with a center of gravity as low as that thing has?

I'll bet you can make one fly (on a short road course it will kick ass).

We (muscle car guys) used to laugh and make fun of the ricers and their front wheel drive cars. I'd be hesitant to race one nowadays. I've seen sub 10 second FrWD cars tearin' up the 1320.

Phill

Of course, being a FWD vehicle, it can never have the performance of a Mustang, but I'm reserving judgement until I see the 300 HP version and some road and comparison tests. I like the looks of it with the simpler classic Shelby stripes.

I like it. I am 90% certain that my next car will be a Focus ST. Much as I like V8 performance, I already have six V8 powered cars. One of my sons is driving my V8SHO, and I do not see him giving it back. I am driving my F150 most days, Mustangs some days. My next car really needs to have 4 doors, needs to be small and easy to park (tired of parking an F150 Supercrew with the 6.5 foot bed in small parking spots in small parking lots) and needs to get good gas mileage given current gas prices. Since I would like some sport and power to go with that, along with a low price, I am leaning heavily to the Focus.

I love the looks of the white/blue stripe (traditional) Shelby Focus (silver wheels). It certainly would not be a replacement for my GT500, or any of my Mustangs for that matter, but for a driver I would consider a Shelby package for the Focus if it was in the budget to do so. Price seems a bit steep, but that is a different discussion.

Not long ago V8's ruled, and large percentages of cars had V8 engines. Much as I love the sound of a V8, those days are gone and the V8 is now a small niche in the car industry. I love the idea that Shelby is looking to broaden its base. If it goes like hell, stops on a dime and corners like it is on rails I think Carroll would say to go drive the wheels of the damn thing and have some fun.

i am not digging the side graphics, i would like to see the other appearance options they have for the car.

That's easy. At the top of your screen, click on the Shelby builder button. You can choose colors, graphics, wheels. Pretty fun tool.

They're supposed to handle like they're on RAILS.

Check out the FRPP site and see what they're already offering for them.

Power to weight bud, power to weight.

Carroll Shelby said there's two ways to go fast. Make it LIGHT or make it POWERFUL. Do BOTH, and you got a dang ROCKET on your hands.

And with a center of gravity as low as that thing has?

I'll bet you can make one fly (on a short road course it will kick ass).

We (muscle car guys) used to laugh and make fun of the ricers and their front wheel drive cars. I'd be hesitant to race one nowadays. I've seen sub 10 second FrWD cars tearin' up the 1320.

Phill

My point was the GLHS out ran all the American V8 Muscle of the day and would compete with a Vette all day long. I fully expect this Focus to do much of the same with the exception of the upper tier offerings such as the modern Vette.

I like the look and the car ,,way before Shelby Autos did their thing to it ,,which made it better ,, ,( ( Enhanced it ) ) , " I say " ,, would be nice if Shelby Autos started a ( TeamShelby Rally Race Team ) in that class of car ,, " Shelby Rally Performace " SRP Team ,, :idea: ,,,,,,,,, 740608_537260399631889_1868519136_o.jpg.

740608_537260399631889_1868519136_o.jpg

Just have one question , actually 2 - 1) Does it fit in the trunk of my GT500 ? and 2) Is it allowed on the golf course ? I just assume it carries 4 sets of clubs to go with the 4 doors - right ?

You forgot to ask if it is dishwasher safe...

I really like it. I was a little taken back by the price at first until I realized the "base" rpice includes the interior upgrade and all. It doesnt go as bare bones on the options as the GTS, so in my opinion not too bad. I will say to pull in the younger crowd as it states is the mission, they may want to see about speeding up the production line. My GTS made it through really quick, so I am not complaining, but I know some of the cars can take a while and a younger buyer that would be into it may not be able to afford having their car gone too long. That being said, if I was in the market for a new ride anytime soon I would definately buy one.

They look great, will handle & stop great. I'm from a nation of small displacement, high output engined cars so was really looking forward to this. But the price...........yikes.

Having driven a Mazdaspeed 3 (first generation, not the ugly new ones) for a few years, I know how much fun these cars can be. But then I look at the out-the-door price of $40K+, and all the AWD hot hatches you can buy for the same money... I know, I know those don't have a CSM number and this one does....

Archived