TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Products (2013 NAIAS Detroit Auto Show)

shelbymotorsports

Can someone post the unveil and Luft's presentation?

Here you go :)

FYI the person speaking in the beginning of the video is Scott Black, SAI's PR person. Of course most of you will recognize John Luft, President of Shelby American, Gary Patterson, VP of Shelby American and Sam Trout our logistics man who safely moves all these cars around the country.

Steve

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go :)

FYI the person speaking in the beginning of the video is Scott Black, SAI's PR person. Of course most of you will recognize John Luft, President of Shelby American, Gary Patterson, VP of Shelby American and Sam Trout our logistics man who safely moves all these cars around the country.

Steve

Can you tell Sam to stop driving his truck around everywhere and drop off my car. I am the guy that did the Pre-purchase to own plan :hysterical: I am not a fan of the Focus, but I think you guys did a great job with it. I think Mr. Shelby would have been proud of the his SAI team. Good luck with the new Shelby Focus.

Thanks Steve for posting. I heard Gary P state they are working on a performance tune so those who would like to see power added, this may happen pending EP clearance. Good luck with the new ride.

Maybe this intro version should be called the Focus GLH (Goes Like Hell) and the performance tuned version the Focus GLHS (Goes Like Hell Somemore)!

Maybe this intro version should be called the Focus GLH (Goes Like Hell) and the performance tuned version the Focus GLHS (Goes Like Hell Somemore)!

Those model names are too associated with the Shelby Dodge cars to ever find their way onto the Shelby Focus. Although Shelby owns the rights to the GLHS moniker I'm pretty sure Chrysler still has the rights to the GLH name. Currently we are calling it the Shelby Focus and who know it may not recieve a sub-model nameplate.

On a related note I'm kind of surprised how quiet the Dodge enthusiasts are regarding this new FWD Shelby. I noticed that someone posted on one of the FWD Mopar boards about how SAI referred to the GLHS in our press release but then a moderator/site owner of that board came in and deleted and/or moved the thread from public view. Strange logic they have on that board.

Anyway more news and possible performance upgrade options for the Shelby Focus will be coming in the next few weeks.

Steve

Those model names are too associated with the Shelby Dodge cars to ever find their way onto the Shelby Focus. Although Shelby owns the rights to the GLHS moniker I'm pretty sure Chrysler still has the rights to the GLH name. Currently we are calling it the Shelby Focus and who know it may not recieve a sub-model nameplate.

On a related note I'm kind of surprised how quiet the Dodge enthusiasts are regarding this new FWD Shelby. I noticed that someone posted on one of the FWD Mopar boards about how SAI referred to the GLHS in our press release but then a moderator/site owner of that board came in and deleted and/or moved the thread from public view. Strange logic they have on that board.

Anyway more news and possible performance upgrade options for the Shelby Focus will be coming in the next few weeks.

Steve

So what you're saying is that the Shelby badge has a 0% chance of being 13GLHxxxx ?

:)

Under that suit and tie is a driving suit :shift:

Abso-freakin-lutely! :rockon: Let's have some damn fun!

More video from the Detroit Auto Show. You may want to pay cose attention to the comment SAI President John Luft makes at the end of this video clip ;)

http://www.myfoxdetr...-focus-at-naias

Steve

Can't wait for NYC Show.... :yahoo:

And where is the next generation getting $42,000 - $45,000 to dump into a car? I don't see many parents dropping $40,000 plus on this car for junior. With $10,000 down, and financing the balance for 60 months, the payment is close to $600 a month!!! Pretty huge nut for a Focus. Some of the younger members here might like them, but they sure are "blingy."

I wish Shelby success, but like the GTS, I don't see a huge market at all.

I have to say that I FULLY agree to the above quote. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the end. Reminds me in a similar way to the Terlingua Program. The idea was that younger V6 owners who aspired to be legit Shelby owners could have a cost effective shot with the terlingua appearance package offering. For others who had a little more money and wanting performance to boot there was the upgraded version. The Terlingua program was birthed from the stats that over 50% of mustangs sold in 2005-2009 were in fact V6 cars. So- take a look at the final number of Terlinguas made and you start to get a picture of the intent level that younger crowd has for these kinds of programs.

Yes I see "kids" dumping lots of aftermarket parts and such onto STi's and SRT-4's and Evo's... But that crowd tends to do it a part at a time and with a local tuner shop. They get the parts by hook or crook in some cases and it's almost always HP increases they go after... It's seldom ever paint and graphics. Just sayin- I would love to be proven wrong but I would be shocked if there ended up being more than 100 made.

The GT500 super snake formula is 180 degrees opposite! Take a big bad car and make it even meaner! Take some thing exclusive and and make it really exclusive. And sell it to an audience that understands Shelby, has both the money and intent to match! I just don't think these types are driving a focus... And if they did I don't see them putting money into it when it could go elsewhere.

I spent two days helping out at the Detroit show , & spent sometime answering questions on the Shelby Focus. IT not only attracted the young people but alot of older ladies were attracted to it & said they would love to own one. The real attention getter of coarse was the wide body Candy Apple Red Super Snake..

• 1 month later...

I just don't get it...?? This car,, this "shelby" is offered up to a demographic of young people and old ladies for some where around 37,000.00 dollars to compete with Fiats and Scions.... You can't tell me that any self respecting Nissan Z- 50 + couldn't wipe this "shelby" a new one..??!! Why ? I can hear them now "I ate me a Shelby for lunch today"HaHa...big woop! For those who see some redeeming value in this car, well, have fun beaten them there Fiats offin the line GranMa. :unsure:

The Shelby focus seems "fun" maybe, but I'm not sure how it rates in practicality for its price. I would think it could take on a garbage Nissan Z- whatever number you want, but it doesn't seem fit to compete too much against other cars with turbo's at the same price.

Then again, that is probably why it is a low production vehicle (500 ish i think I heard?). Its a fun buy to mess around with I guess?

By no means is it not impressive, but I wouldn't see it sticking around for long.

Archived