TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Products (2013 NAIAS Detroit Auto Show)

shelbymotorsports

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article says over 300 hp with up to 40mpg.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130115/DETROIT/130119903

Makes sense ... That's pretty much the limit for front wheel drive traction on street tires.

original.jpg

if you are gonna do some turbo pocket rocket just keep it covered! Shelby has always been about V8 Mustangs with the Cobra's. I don't count that mess with that Chrysler

You gotta be kidding me?

This is what is left of Carroll's legacy?

If they had not cremated CS & split his ashes 5 different ways he would be rolling over in his grave right now -

Given that this "thing" will be a post-title car I am guessing that FoMoCo agrees -

:eek5:

It's not bad, and with the GLH and GLHS, there's a heritage there (albeit Dodge), but still...not enough performance enhancements to make it worth the price. That's a LOT of money to pour into a Focus. At that price, you can get a Boss 302! And the 500-per-year thing...IMHO, trying too hard to make it exclusive, pushing for rarity when it might not be there.

I applaud Shelby American for reaching out to a younger demographic, but I'm not sure how many can afford that.

It's not bad, and with the GLH and GLHS, there's a heritage there (albeit Dodge), but still...not enough performance enhancements to make it worth the price. That's a LOT of money to pour into a Focus. At that price, you can get a Boss 302! And the 500-per-year thing...IMHO, trying too hard to make it exclusive, pushing for rarity when it might not be there.

I applaud Shelby American for reaching out to a younger demographic, but I'm not sure how many can afford that.

+1, especially if the base package doe not include any hp gain. With this package, a Shelby Focus ST will exceed $40K. At this price, other high performance 4 cylinder cars with AWD rather than FWD (Subaru WRX STI, Lancer Evo, Golf R) look more competitive.

I will need more info on this.

The interior photo is of an ST2, will those seat covers be available for the ST3 heated seats? And in different colors?

I will sure be glad when the black wheel fad is over.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, the seats in the photo don't appear to be the Reccaro seats.

Ditto. I was hoping for a very low cost option, something for a young/new collector to just get there foot in the door with. Even if it just had the Shelby name and a tune it would be something that they could build on as they desired and funds allowed. For that same kind of money an entry collector could go buy an entry level GTS. I really like the way the car looks, and would really like to have one, but if I had the option of a focus or a GTS for the same price, I'd much rather have the GTS.

I'm agreeing here with the price of entry. Just trying to add constructive input here, but I think it may be a huge mistake by making this an all or nothing package. To me, it would only make sense to start with a base appearance package with an entry level around the $4,999 mark. The ST is already a pretty sporty nifty package. Why not just start small and add the availability of options. I really thought that is where this Shelby Focus was going to go. I just can't imagine there are going to be many people willing to go for the full package here. If I got one, I would want the outside appearance, suspension, and power upgrade. I would want to add my own wheels, and would not want the interior. I like the stock ST interior. Without an entry of under $30K, I have my doubts about the number of cars that will be sold. Also would be more likely to get somebody in at the base and add more options. I'm sorry, but somebody in marketing either did not speak up or is completely out of touch with the market segment they were going for here. IMHO.

I'm agreeing here with the price of entry. Just trying to add constructive input here, but I think it may be a huge mistake by making this an all or nothing package. To me, it would only make sense to start with a base appearance package with an entry level around the $4,999 mark. The ST is already a pretty sporty nifty package. Why not just start small and add the availability of options. I really thought that is where this Shelby Focus was going to go. I just can't imagine there are going to be many people willing to go for the full package here. If I got one, I would want the outside appearance, suspension, and power upgrade. I would want to add my own wheels, and would not want the interior. I like the stock ST interior. Without an entry of under $30K, I have my doubts about the number of cars that will be sold. Also would be more likely to get somebody in at the base and add more options.

Possibly. But many thought the GTS and even the 350 wouldn't sell at their prices. Seeing as the news is only minutes old I would assume that there will be more to come on options and availability in the comming days/months. Its not uncommon for Shelby America to introduce a product before the details have been finailized.

Possibly. But many thought the GTS and even the 350 wouldn't sell at their prices. Seeing as the news is only minutes old I would assume that there will be more to come on options and availability in the comming days/months. Its not uncommon for Shelby America to introduce a product before the details have been finailized.

Agree, but that was the Mustang market. This is the Focus market. A base GTS Shelby now is far lower in price than the Focus. I know what I would choose, no questions asked. It was just my opinion. Hopefully I'll be completely wrong!

A base GTS Shelby now is far lower in price than the Focus. I know what I would choose, no questions asked. It was just my opinion. Hopefully I'll be completely wrong!

Have to say that I fully agree here... But I have also NEVER been into the idea of overly pricey performance grocery getter hatch backs. Maybe the marketplace for this vehicle type will see huge excitement for a SHELBY version. I however don't share that excitement. What I see is 15,000 dollars more for something I would never be enticed to purchase ever anyway... I wonder if this program will be more or less successful than the Dodge Durango Shelbys that were made in the late 90's?

I would love to get one for my wife, I like it.....

But the cost would hold me back, if I purchased a base ST via my dad's z-plan; Base Car: $21,705 (MY13) w/Shelby Package:$14,999 = $36,704, that doesn't even include tax/tags and shipping. (How does the taxes work on a post title conversion? And the transportation?)

Agree, but that was the Mustang market. This is the Focus market. A base GTS Shelby now is far lower in price than the Focus. I know what I would choose, no questions asked. It was just my opinion. Hopefully I'll be completely wrong!

Agreed, you cannot truly compare a two door coupe to a 4dr hatch. I have a young growing family and if I hadn’t already owned my SGT I'm certain I would have never purchased it after my 1st daughter was born. In fact selling my SGT has been a topic in my home many times because of my family's needs (luckily I have a wife who understands how much joy my Shelby brings me). A 4dr Shelby Focus now becomes a serious option with my family in mind.

WOW! Nice exterior, not too crazy about the colorful seats keep the "racing aspect" inside the car as well with some Recaro seats that will keep you in place. Price wise, I agree with some, it is a bit steep for the intended younger audience. Keep it simple and functional, higher HP, upgraded wheels,suspension, and certainly bigger brakes with cooling ducts and better functional seats and throw it on the track!! Keep the decals to minimum. Digging the black wheels though.

Geeze - what a bunch of old farts on here! :hysterical: News flash guys - the target demographic for this car ARE NOT on this forum (for the most part). We already drive Mustangs so this car would be a significant downgrade (for us). Shelby is actually doing us a huge favor here. Anything to get the next generation fired up about an AMERICAN performance car instead of a rice burner :barf:

is a very good thing. Who is going to buy our cars when we all have titanium knees and polymer hips and the doc says no more clutches? :fear:

Geeze - what a bunch of old farts on here! :hysterical: News flash guys - the target demographic for this car ARE NOT on this forum (for the most part). We already drive Mustangs so this car would be a significant downgrade (for us). Shelby is actually doing us a huge favor here. Anything to get the next generation fired up about an AMERICAN performance car instead of a rice burner :barf:

is a very good thing. Who is going to buy our cars when we all have titanium knees and polymer hips and the doc says no more clutches? :fear:

And where is the next generation getting $42,000 - $45,000 to dump into a car? I don't see many parents dropping $40,000 plus on this car for junior. With $10,000 down, and financing the balance for 60 months, the payment is close to $600 a month!!! Pretty huge nut for a Focus. Some of the younger members here might like them, but they sure are "blingy."

I wish Shelby success, but like the GTS, I don't see a huge market at all.

Archived