TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took a pic of the Red White Blue Gauge Lighting

HotRodHarry

Took a pic of the Red White Blue Gauge Lighting. Since I have posted this in other sites, it has come to my attention that not many Shelby GT500 owners know about this. its in the My Color adjustment SetUp area..just look for the RED/WHITE/BLUE command. This is just a Shelby thing..does not work in other Mustangs

Here is a pic of the gauges in my Shelby set at the Red White Blue setting . It makes the speedo Red..the info gauges White and the tach Blue. Guess I need to get modding more...LOL

redwhiteblue.jpg

I was under the impression and with the understanding that the Shelbys didn't have the "my color" control of the dash lights.

Am I wrong?

It does have color options, but is is completely different than a standard Mustang GT (from what I understand). It only has about three color options. You can select from something like all red, all blue, all white, combination red/white/blue, etc.

It doesn't have the large variety of colors like a GT. I think they used all the money they saved not having to buy all of the other colors to buy the Super Charger on the GT500. :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

I'm happy.

HSURB

It does have color options, but is is completely different than a standard Mustang GT (from what I understand). It only has about three color options. You can select from something like all red, all blue, all white, combination red/white/blue, etc.

It doesn't have the large variety of colors like a GT. I think they used all the money they saved not having to buy all of the other colors to buy the Super Charger on the GT500. :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

I'm happy.

HSURB

Does the manual direct the color changes? We get our red appearence package mid June I think?

Does the manual direct the color changes? We get our red appearence package mid June I think?

Yes, the Manual will talk you through it. It is all controlled through the three buttons you see on most Ford vehicles - INFO - SET-UP - RESET. It's very simply to update. In fact, once you figure it out, I'm sure you could do it while driving down the road.

HSURB

Yes, the Manual will talk you through it. It is all controlled through the three buttons you see on most Ford vehicles - INFO - SET-UP - RESET. It's very simply to update. In fact, once you figure it out, I'm sure you could do it while driving down the road.

HSURB

If it's like the color adjustment in mine, it won't let you adjust it at all if the car is moving.

- Tony

Mine has the ability to change the amount of each color on a scale of 1 to 5 to get custom blends. I assume this is My Color, but not having seen it in action on a GT I cannot sy for certain.

That's it. (Same on a v6)

It's part of the IUP (Interior Upgrade) option - is that not standard on gt500's?

Maybe even if you don't get IUP you get red/white/blue?

- Tony

If you read the manual it will tell you how to adjust the colors. If I recall correctly, you can choose from over 256 different color combinations in addition to the red/white/blue. All GT500s have this option. Regards.

Stuart

Yes you get all the colors in My Color on our Shelby GT500's

I just had the car out and checked...look closely again when you get to the color selection. You know..click you setup button till you get to My Color. Then click the reset you will see red..then click again..blue/purple etc...then I think you see White..and next to the White is RWB. Hit the reset button one more time and you have it

I was under the impression and with the understanding that the Shelbys didn't have the "my color" control of the dash lights.

Am I wrong?

Yes, Shelbys do have MyColor. The only difference between the ShelbyGT500 and the Mustang GT is that the GT500 has the "red/white/blue" option.

As for how it works, there are three "base" colors that can be "mixed". Red, Green, and Blue I believe are the three colors, and they can each be set from a saturation of 1-5. If you're good at math you can do a factorial and find out how many combinations there are...it's in the hundreds. There are also a few preset color combinations.

And as it says in the FAQ section...please read your manual. This is all covered in the owners manual.

Good luck.

Dave

Two small points not mentioned yet.

1. The "My color" feature on the GT500 does not have the color Orange like the GT does because it was deleted for red, white and blue. Bummer for me because I have a GO car. At least the SVT shift light is GO. Okay, it's just Orange, but I can call it GO if I want, so there.

2. No matter what color you have set for the gauges, they illuminate Red White and Blue for a brief moment when you start the car. Or is it when you turn the lights on? Sorry, I'm having a brain fart right now and remember exactly which way it happens, but it does happen.

Please tell me that it happens. Because if it's not turning those colors, then I'm having another 60's, 70's, 80's, and the first couple of months into the 90's flashback again.... :cold: :tease:

Took a pic of the Red White Blue Gauge Lighting. Since I have posted this in other sites, it has come to my attention that not many Shelby GT500 owners know about this. its in the My Color adjustment SetUp area..just look for the RED/WHITE/BLUE command. This is just a Shelby thing..does not work in other Mustangs

Here is a pic of the gauges in my Shelby set at the Red White Blue setting . It makes the speedo Red..the info gauges White and the tach Blue. Guess I need to get modding more...LOL

redwhiteblue.jpg

I have that on my Grabber orange shelby also. I set it that way the day i got it back in OCT 06 and have had so many people like it

2. No matter what color you have set for the gauges, they illuminate Red White and Blue for a brief moment when you start the car. Or is it when you turn the lights on? Sorry, I'm having a brain fart right now and remember exactly which way it happens, but it does happen.

Yes...when you crank the car...

Red White & Blue is the best! (and the RED speedometer makes you faster!)

I wish folks would take all the owners manuals out of the glove box & read them to see what they are missing :doh:

So many folks think just because they can drive a car they know everything about their new car & in reality, they don't & just assume things are they way they are & later end up in trouble or never knowing what the true capabilities or limits of their car is.

I wish folks would take all the owners manuals out of the glove box & read them to see what they are missing :doh:

So many folks think just because they can drive a car they know everything about their new car & in reality, they don't & just assume things are they way they are & later end up in trouble or never knowing what the true capabilities or limits of their car is.

Is'nt that typically what men do? Push buttons and then ask why does it do that? Most think we can figure it out then read the instructions for guidance if we can't figure it out or ask our friends, reading is last resort :hysterical2:

Reread your manual to enjoy the full measure of your car!! :reading:

I have a GT and the gauges have red, blue and green base colors that you can mix to create 256 combinations of colors. It does have a quick select mode that you can select red, blue, orange, purple, green or white. It's very nice!!

this is all I get in my color...am I missing something?

What is a manual?

redgreenblue.jpg

Hold the reset button down for 3 seconds and it will go back to the "main" menu. Then, you will see the other choices of fixed colors.

Archived