TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's a beautiful morning, think I'll go outside a while.....and just smile!

thewheelman

January 11, it's 66 degrees in KY, I'm driving around with the top down, enjoying the envy I feel from people around me in traffic!

January 13, the high is supposed to be 46 (around midnight), drop into the 30's with a wintery mix in the forecast through next Tuesday!

I love living in KY!

As a SoCal boy I am afraid to ask but will: What is a "wintery mix?" It sounds like the devil's brew to me. Then again, your high today was higher than ours. Our "wintery mix" is an Irish coffee. B)

Jim

As a SoCal boy I am afraid to ask but will: What is a "wintery mix?" It sounds like the devil's brew to me. Then again, your high today was higher than ours. Our "wintery mix" is an Irish coffee. B)

Jim

+1... a great past time here at the Buena Vista Cafe near Fisherman's Warf: http://www.thebuenavista.com/home/irishcoffee.html

It hit 70 here in Dallas today and I decided to take the Harley out for a spin. It was a tough choice but the bike won out in the end.

John, Which came first, the Shelby or the Harley? Seeing as how I only have a Shelby, I'm hoping you say that the Harley came to you as a retirement present so I have something to look forward to. You sign up for T-13 yet?

Jim

Uhhg. 15 degrees here and it's almost noon. It's a nice 66 degrees in the garage and I just got through doing Meguiars Ultimate Compound and a wax.

Paint looks soooo much smoother. While it is not the same as driving, it is still quality time with my Shelby.

I did get to take a spin earlier this week with 50 degrees and clear dry roads.

John, Which came first, the Shelby or the Harley? Seeing as how I only have a Shelby, I'm hoping you say that the Harley came to you as a retirement present so I have something to look forward to. You sign up for T-13 yet?

Jim

Jim, The Harleys came first - in 2001 (although my first Shelby was purchased in 1985). I've had more fun with the bikes than you could ever imagine. Retirement has been good, but my wife said that I had enough toys already. My wife finally drew the line after I purchased my 2007 GT/CS convertible three months after retirement. I'll have to settle now for the three bikes and the Shelby unless I sell something!!!!! Below is the 2001 Springer, and my anniversary Road King.

post-26281-0-94665700-1358033514_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-40569300-1358033981_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-94665700-1358033514_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-40569300-1358033981_thumb.jpg

[post-28087-0-50388900-1358139373_thumb.jpgThis was my view when I wasn't fallowing it while heading to the Petterson Museum for the 1st annual B-Day gathering for the former Carroll Shelby. It was a beautiful day yesterday!

post-28087-0-50388900-1358139373_thumb.jpg

It was a sweltering -15 this morning on my way to the gym. It's not supposed to get over 7 today lol. It's only been above freezing once in the last month, but my Shelby has still been on the road, snow and all.... Can't wait for the move to South Carolina!

Archived