TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many 2013's were produced?

Jealous? Get a clue Pal. You can have the job of tramping though factories all to yourself, knock yourself out, YUK.

Me get a clue? Every time you open your mouth you show how clueless you are. Today"s modern automobile plants are very well lit, and cleaner than most fast food restaurants. Their is nothing "yuk" about them.

and stop calling me "pal", you have no "pals" here or anywhere else I presume.

Me get a clue? Every time you open your mouth you show how clueless you are. Today"s modern automobile plants are very well lit, and cleaner than most fast food restaurants. Their is nothing "yuk" about them.

and stop calling me "pal", you have no "pals" here or anywhere else I presume.

Lol. Sounds like it'd be pretty cool to me.

Found this on another site

2013 GT500 Production Numbers as of 5 Dec 2012

SVT Community,

I spoke to a Ford research team member yesterday and was given the following numbers:

- GT500s Coupes produced so far -- 4, 032

- GT500 Convertibles produced so far -- 811

-- 84 Red Candy Metallic Convertibles

-- 64 Sterling Grey Metallic

-- 69 Performance White

-- 34 Silver Metallic

-- 43 Grabber Blue

-- 87 Race Red

-- 296 Black

-- 134 DIB

- 674 Convertibles w/ SVT Package

- 651 Convertibles w/ Nav

- 547 Convertibles w/ Shaker Pro

- ?? Recaros (doesn't show as a trackable option for some reason)

The database does not allow multiple options at the same time. In other words, you cant look up how many convertibles have both nag and SVT package :-(

Most of the numbers have to do with convertibles (since that is what I have). Also, I forgot to ask about stripe colors. If I am able to get info on those I will update this post.

Keep in mind these are NOT final production numbers, just what has been produced so far (as of 5 Dec 2012).

• 2 weeks later...

Found this on another site

2013 GT500 Production Numbers as of 5 Dec 2012

SVT Community,

I spoke to a Ford research team member yesterday and was given the following numbers:

- GT500s Coupes produced so far -- 4, 032

- GT500 Convertibles produced so far -- 811

-- 84 Red Candy Metallic Convertibles

-- 64 Sterling Grey Metallic

-- 69 Performance White

-- 34 Silver Metallic

-- 43 Grabber Blue

-- 87 Race Red

-- 296 Black

-- 134 DIB

- 674 Convertibles w/ SVT Package

- 651 Convertibles w/ Nav

- 547 Convertibles w/ Shaker Pro

- ?? Recaros (doesn't show as a trackable option for some reason)

The database does not allow multiple options at the same time. In other words, you cant look up how many convertibles have both nag and SVT package :-(

Most of the numbers have to do with convertibles (since that is what I have). Also, I forgot to ask about stripe colors. If I am able to get info on those I will update this post.

Keep in mind these are NOT final production numbers, just what has been produced so far (as of 5 Dec 2012).

Cool info, can we find out how many white GT500s have sonic blue stripes? My color and personal fav.

(PS, DrMustang, that Michael Keaton Gung Ho comment was funny!)

Glad that you also enjoyed the humor. Unfortunately some of the self appointed experts on internet forums begin to take themselves a little too seriously. It has become abundantly clear that many of these "experts" were dead wrong to the point of being laughable with their nonsense about 2013s due to "engine shortages", "allocation cutbacks" and a raft of other gibberish all intended to create a false perception of increased value based on availability. The exact opposite is the reality here. There are way more than enough 60 thousand dollar Mustangs to go around as anyone with a modicum of sense could imagine. Anyone doubting this obvious fact need only view the bumper crop of '13s currently needing to be huxtered on Ebay, Auto Trader etc. All the crap about limited production, allocation restrictions, parts shortages is just a bunch of BS promoted to a considerable degree by current owners who have some weird idea that they can increase the value of what they have purchased by fostering gross misconceptions in the minds of enthusiasts and potential buyers. Sorry Iceman but this includes you, the most noteable purveyer of hype and BS from your secret, inside men, at the factory. Most of us can employ our own good common sense and see these tools for what they are; BS artists looking for some recognition.

I don't proclaim myself to be any type of Ford sales expert, but my dealer was unable to get a 2013 allocation despite being told he had one by the Ford Regional Sales representative. The representative's explanation was that allocations had been pulled back from dealers. Now, this may not be true, but that's what my dealer was told. Hence me now waiting on the 2014 I ordered in November. I don't assert any type of validity, but based on other posts I have seen, several prospective (not current 13 owners) owners were told the same thing about 2013 models. Since both of my deals were at MSRP, I can't imagine the dealer postponing a sale he could have made for 8 months (based on anticipated delivery dates) for a mere $500 more that the 14 price is based on.

My post is only about this part of your statement, you may well be right about '13 owners making things up, but I don't have knowledge to support either side of that argument.

Allocations WERE pulled from dealers. There WERE supply constraints on engine blocks in October. But then production was extended a couple weeks to make up for it. I don't give this info so I can try to increase the value of my car, or make it seem more rare or valuable. 5000 cars is not a true limited production vehicle. I just give the updates as to what is going on at the factory at any given time. A lot of people had their production dates pushed from October to December, i was just letting them know why. I said from day 1 that there would be 5k to 5500 built for 2013 MY. Some people like to have info like this. Anybody who wants one or can afford one should have no trouble doing so. If people want to continue to chastise me for providing the info, then I guess I will do what the managers at Ford do, and refrain from giving out the info.

Allocations WERE pulled from dealers. There WERE supply constraints on engine blocks in October. But then production was extended a couple weeks to make up for it. I don't give this info so I can try to increase the value of my car, or make it seem more rare or valuable. 5000 cars is not a true limited production vehicle. I just give the updates as to what is going on at the factory at any given time. A lot of people had their production dates pushed from October to December, i was just letting them know why. I said from day 1 that there would be 5k to 5500 built for 2013 MY. Some people like to have info like this. Anybody who wants one or can afford one should have no trouble doing so. If people want to continue to chastise me for providing the info, then I guess I will do what the managers at Ford do, and refrain from giving out the info.

Iceman5000, there are dozens of people here that appreciate any information you were able to share. That is what this forum is really about, sharing.

Iceman5000, there are dozens of people here that appreciate any information you were able to share. That is what this forum is really about, sharing.

+1^^^^ thanks iceman!!

Couldn't agree more Dave !!

What they said! (Don't let the troll with an ax to grind get to you, Iceman.)

Iceman5000,

Thanks for the Ford intel. GT500's weren't the only allocations pulled back by HQ, they did this with Boss units as well. My dealer had a confirmed late 4th Q LS suddenly disappear on me and I had to go to Plan B.

Take a look on Ebay, Cars.com, Autotrader, etc. You will immediately get the picture and realize what a bunch of BS all of Iceman's "intel" has been. Not enough engines, allocation cutbacks, really Iceman? Well then maybe you can explain where all these unsold units currently looking for a home came from because according to you there just weren't going to enough '13s to go around. Real nice "intel" Iceman. All BS, all nonsense, all wrong, as you well know. Hopefully no one threw away any additional hard earned money based on your worthless crap about shortages. As if Ford isn't going to have enough Mustangs priced at $60,000 or more to go around. It is amazing what some people will believe.

Trollwarning.jpg

Iceman,

I for one on this forum and on SVT appreciate your always very accurate insight. When people were struggling for information concerning their Shelby orders you were right there giving accurate and much appeciated information. In my opinion you are our man on the inside at Ford manufacturing and your comments are always most welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived