TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is The Shelby Selling For Close To MSRP?

lawdude

That website, and the people that participate in it, completely validates every perception and comment I have made about the standard BMW driver. What a bunch of conceited narrow minded pricks. I have an open mind when it comes to cars, and can appreciate the higher end BMW's to a certain extent, but I wouldn't pay 30-40+ for their standard slow ass car. I even found the M3 to be pretty sad overall. I mean come on, 60-70k for 300hp? :hysterical2: Handling aside that's a joke.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh. GT500's will be available for sticker or under if you are patient, but this was amusing to such a high level I just wanted to chime in.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I may start a thread on their site - how to properly tie your sweaters around your necks

I wager half of these 'men' wear makeup and use facemasks at night to be as metrosexual as humanly possible.

:hysterical::hysterical: :happy feet:

That website, and the people that participate in it, completely validates every perception and comment I have made about the standard BMW driver. What a bunch of conceited narrow minded pricks. I have an open mind when it comes to cars, and can appreciate the higher end BMW's to a certain extent, but I wouldn't pay 30-40+ for their standard slow ass car. I even found the M3 to be pretty sad overall. I mean come on, 60-70k for 300hp? :hysterical2: Handling aside that's a joke.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh. GT500's will be available for sticker or under if you are patient, but this was amusing to such a high level I just wanted to chime in.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I may start a thread on their site - how to properly tie your sweaters around your necks

I wager half of these 'men' wear makeup and use facemasks at night to be as metrosexual as humanly possible.

:hysterical::hysterical: :happy feet:

you sounds just like them.

A 2006 M3 starts at just over 48,000 and comes with 333hp.

A 2008 M3 starts around 54,000 and comes with 420hp.

BMW makes great cars, the 335 is really badass because it comes with turbo's, which can be modded inexpensively and gain substantial power (over 400)

BMW makes great cars, the 335 is really badass because it comes with turbo's, which can be modded inexpensively and gain substantial power (over 400)

I would love for you to find me a 2008 M3 for 54k.

Really I would.

Those things are even worse about ADM's than GT500's are. And I certainly do like BMW's but I think their pricetag for the power received is a joke. Most of the price is for the <upturn nose> prestige. You're paying a 12-20k premium on any BMW for that little circle with the blue and white triangles. And that's a fact. Great business model, and they have a wonderful schtick going, but don't try and tell me those things of any level aren't overpriced all things considered.

Maybe I've just been spoiled on cheap American muscle all my life. Personally I wish they had done this with the new GT500's and even the GT's and on down. Have the outside retro, then had the inside done as nicely as possibly with a European flair. The interior of BMW's and Mercedez are top notch, and are one of the only thing I will always be envious of them.

Don't say I'm as bad 'as them'. I said MOST of them appear to act like that, and their site bears out that perception. Several of my buddies have BMW's and the like and they are nothing like these fools. My CEO just got a 2007 E55 but had nothing but good things to say about my 2004 Cobra when I drove him in it. He even drove it he liked it so much and had me drive when we went to ball games together and stuff.

So don't lump me in with them, but you can't deny any of my claims above.

Also please e-mail me where I can get a 2008 M3 for sticker even a year after the first year run. GOOD FREAKING LUCK.

Why did you even post when you already said in "YOUR" forum that you would pass at MSRP? I have to agree with the post above. Those guy know not of what they speak. Think for yourself.

MY forum? Haha. I read or participate in multiple car forums. I guess they are all MY forums.

In any event, it's my wife's turn for a new car and she doesn't want a Shelby, Corvette, or BMW. She thinks she wants a Volvo. That's one reason why I wouldn't buy a GT500 for myself. Now, IF circumstances change (namely, wife decides she doesn't want a new car to replace her 4 year old unit) and a Shelby becomes available at MSRP or less, there's a distinct possiblity I might get one. I just don't think wife will let that happen.

In the meantime, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with my twin-turbocharged bimmer. I might have had a little tuning done. It certainly won't take a stock Shelby, but it might surprise a GT500 driver who thinks it'll be a cake walk to race a 3 series BMW. :)

Great cars but pretty boring on the styling end and pricey IMO. I thought the 335 would have been faster stock then they are :shrug: didnt know they were cheap to mod? I do like the M6 but not for 90k. Course I live in Greer SC and thats where they are built (not Bavaria) and everyone and their brother drives a company leased car so BMWs are way toooooo common here.

Great car for the wife and the editors of Car and Driver. Ha Ha

But Im just a redneck that likes to go fast in a straight line, what would I know? :)

Here's one with a PROcede computer. Has an automatic tranny.

Here's another with AA tune's Xede and a catback.

Procede is $1300 and Xede is $1080. Don't know the price of catback.

BTW, I agree on the "pretty boring on styling" statement. They really don't attract the attention that a Shelby does.

So when the GT500 is for sale for MSRP- my choice will be GT500 - stock with 500hp and room to grow.

Or pay the same price for the BMW, then add something to it to void the warranty, and come out slower than the GT500 stock.

Yeah, tough call. NOT.

So when the GT500 is for sale for MSRP- my choice will be GT500 - stock with 500hp and room to grow.

Or pay the same price for the BMW, then add something to it to void the warranty, and come out slower than the GT500 stock.

Yeah, tough call. NOT.

Sorry DC, wasn't trying to make you or anyone else angry. If the price had been right on the Shelby when I was ready to buy, that's what I'd be driving now. As it is, I'm stuck with this sorry ass bimmer. ;)

Sorry DC, wasn't trying to make you or anyone else angry. If the price had been right on the Shelby when I was ready to buy, that's what I'd be driving now. As it is, I'm stuck with this sorry ass bimmer. ;)

I didn't say it was a sorry car, it's a fine car. My issue is with the people on the site you quoted, and the attitude they excude. I think my buddy's X5 is top notch, and I have liked my other friends M3 quite a bit.

But you can't expect to not hear the GT500 being touted as better on this site.

We likey the excessive horsepower and lack of Grey Poupon holders!!!

One question Lawdude -

As a lawyer, when you settled on the 335 wasn't that a bad choice overall? I mean, with the GT500 you could potentially chase down twice the number of ambulances in a days work! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :happy feet:

I'm a lawyer?

It was a guess based on your screenname...

Surely you can see someone drawing that conclusion.

That'd be like me having a screenname of FordMust and someone says 'What kind of Mustang do you have?' and I say 'wtf? I own a Corvette moron!!" :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I see what you're saying. No way a cop could own a bimmer.

Yeah, I have no idea how I am being taken the wrong way in here. Lawdude seemed like a lawyer name to me. If you're a cop, ok my bad?

Man lighten up. Go beat down someone at a traffic stop to take out some tension or something? :finger:

I'm a cop?

In any event, send me the bill for your adult beverage too.

Lawdude,

Nice of you to stop in for a visit, long time no see. I fully understood you decision to buy the 335 given the ADM's on the Shelby.

If you ever do get the chance to own one at msrp and can do it ,you would not regret it .It is a true Muscle car which any BMW could never be.

Good to see you again.

George

Heck with the beverage send me whatever you are smoking. You say you're not a lawyer but a cop, now I call you a cop but you're not one.

<puff puff> <cough cough> hey man I'm the Lizard king~! :bag: :headspin::headspin::headspin:

I'm just a car guy. Been one since the mid 60s. I've driven American cars, Japanese cars, English cars, and German cars. I like variety, and I'm not married to any particular one. I don't buy the same car twice in a row. I also switch up between auto and manual trannys. Right now I've got a manual.

BTW, I never said what my occupation was. :)

Cheers.

Lawdude,

Nice of you to stop in for a visit, long time no see. I fully understood you decision to buy the 335 given the ADM's on the Shelby.

If you ever do get the chance to own one at msrp and can do it ,you would not regret it .It is a true Muscle car which any BMW could never be.

Good to see you again.

George

Hey thanks svtbird91. Good to hear from you. I check in regularly but usually don't post. If the planets line up right, I'll have a Shelby. :)

Nice to see you stop by lawdude. How's everything in your neck of the woods? Don't be such a stranger and the folks that haven't been around as long as some of us wont take you so seriously.

take care and good luck getting rid of the over priced import and getting into a MSRP Shelby. ;)

Most of the price is for the <upturn nose> prestige. You're paying a 12-20k premium on any BMW for that little circle with the blue and white triangles. And that's a fact. Great business model, and they have a wonderful schtick going, but don't try and tell me those things of any level aren't overpriced all things considered.

Yep.. I don't know why people get defensive about it. I like Macs, and I know I'm paying a premium to get one versus a PC; so what? For me, it's a better machine. (Okay, this isn't quite the same as BMW versus domestic -- Mac doesn't have an "elite" perception quite like BMW.)

If Ford magically had the elite status of BMW, you'd suddenly see a lot more of them driven by corporate VPs. And if BMW lost all elite status, they wouldn't be so prevalent in that environment, but there would still be hardcore fans buying them up.

Mustangs will never have any "elite" status by definition. You can't be elite and popular.

I get a kick out of driving with my father-in-law in his Mini Cooper S, because people love those cars and it draws crowds (less so today, but amazingly so during its debut year.) A V6 or GT Mustang, for the most part, is never going to be like that because there are so many of them. That's what makes the 2005 Mustang so special; so much attention and it was "just a Ford."

My girlfriend has a 330i and it's a nice car. Good power and handles nice. However the maintance costs are way over priced and the people at the nearest BMW service department are real jerks. They have a real bad attitude and even when they screw up they act like they are gods. They lost her car for 2 days in the service department and then didn't even act like it was a big deal. :redcard:

My cousins husband is a BMW tech and he even says that they are way over priced in the service department and that after 80-100,000 miles are not a very reliable car. He's listed several things on her car that we need to watch out for and expect to replace in the near future. None of these items are regular service items and they are all over 400 bucks just in parts. Overall it's a nice car just not something I would go out and buy.

Nice to see you stop by lawdude. How's everything in your neck of the woods? Don't be such a stranger and the folks that haven't been around as long as some of us wont take you so seriously.

take care and good luck getting rid of the over priced import and getting into a MSRP Shelby. ;)

Thanks kaylan1521. Things are kinda smokey in my neck of the woods. Big fire in the southeast part of the state. When I stop by I'll try to leave a courtesy post now and then.

A buddy at work has a "bimmer". Every time he says that, I want to punch him in the nose. Nice car, though.

- Tony

Most mispronounce it as "beamer". Since I don't want to get smacked, I'll try not to say it anymore. :)

My cousins husband is a BMW tech and he even says that they are way over priced in the service department and that after 80-100,000 miles are not a very reliable car. He's listed several things on her car that we need to watch out for and expect to replace in the near future. None of these items are regular service items and they are all over 400 bucks just in parts. Overall it's a nice car just not something I would go out and buy.

Yep, I've heard you don't want to own a German car after the warranty expires. BMW has full mainatenance for 4years/50k miles. Probably won't keep it beyond that time, but if I do, I'll make sure I get a good extended warranty.

Archived