TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Dash Plaques Are Now Available!

Jer

Hey, how you doin??? I think you are at least the third person I know of, that have both Shelbys and Bullitts......Seems to be a popular combination!!! I need to get my sig updated!!!

Mike

photo2_zps7b1f01d9.jpg

Love that color combo buddy!

You were nice enuf to send me a pic of your Late Model Resto. frt. spoiler a while back when I first joined IMBOC.... :salute:

I still have to get me one of those! :yup:

I have left IMBOC for the most part, as the crowd over there seems to have a dim view of Shelby owners. They don't know me from Adam, and it's really not fair. I have lot's of friends here...been around since 2006 (when I had my first GT500). You'll like this group!

Chris (BIKEBOY) aka BULLITTBOY too

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Microsoft Sync badge is gone and it looks so much better now.

Awesome pic of the plaque. Best I have seen. Should be used in the advertisement for the plaques......

Nice Job,

Mike

Love that color combo buddy!

You were nice enuf to send me a pic of your Late Model Resto. frt. spoiler a while back when I first joined IMBOC.... :salute:

I still have to get me one of those! :yup:

I have left IMBOC for the most part, as the crowd over there seems to have a dim view of Shelby owners. They don't know me from Adam, and it's really not fair. I have lot's of friends here...been around since 2006 (when I had my first GT500). You'll like this group!

Chris (BIKEBOY) aka BULLITTBOY too

That does look awesome. Love it!

My Dash Plaque arrived today. Top quality piece indeed.

Ordered 2/16/13

Arrived 5/21/13

Worth the wait.

WHEW ! Just in time for the 7th Annual Grabbers PNW Show and Shine ! :hysterical2: And you were worried that Jer wouldn't come through - shame Rob -Shame !!

Jer,

Awesome!! Thank you. Order date 3/28/13......

Mike

dash1_zpsb7fdc14c.jpg

dash3_zpsbc629c4d.jpg

Yours looks great. I think the turn around time is faster on the 2010 - 2013 Plaques.

I will get pic's when I install. I am beat and need to hit the sack now.

Okay, since I bitched so loud a page or so back, I'll come clean and say that my plaque arrived yesterday, and while I still think that 3 months is an obscene amount of time to wait for a delivery, the finished product is first class, and looks amazing in the car. I'll snap a few pix when I get a chance. Here's the edit for the pictures. And yes, I purposely decided to keep it slightly off-centered, since I couldn't decide which way looked the least offensive, centered with the A/C control knobs, or the shifter! So it's slightly off-centered to both.

580262_511791852202834_607326064_n.jpg

Yours looks great. I think the turn around time is faster on the 2010 - 2013 Plaques.

I will get pic's when I install. I am beat and need to hit the sack now.

Turnaround time is the same for either. It was just that first big wave that caught the vendor off-guard. But you can see why I stayed loyal to them, the finished product is worth it, in my opinion. Glad everyone is enjoying them! Jer

Okay, since I bitched so loud a page or so back, I'll come clean and say that my plaque arrived yesterday, and while I still think that 3 months is an obscene amount of time to wait for a delivery, the finished product is first class, and looks amazing in the car. I'll snap a few pix when I get a chance. Here's the edit for the pictures. And yes, I purposely decided to keep it slightly off-centered, since I couldn't decide which way looked the least offensive, centered with the A/C control knobs, or the shifter! So it's slightly off-centered to both.

Jim, thanks for the note. It is not normally a 3 month wait, we just had a brief snafu that we are now through. Dash plaques have always been difficult, as they are all unique and custom-made. Big quantities are tough... Most people on this forum will tell you how long it USED to take.... <sigh> Jer

Jer,

Please review the photos below and note the inconsistancey in the Stamped VIN # in my wifes new Dash plaque that was ordered In Jan. and then mine that was ordered in Feb.

It seems the Vendor made some changes. My Plaque matches what was done on the original Stamped dash plaque.

Here is my original.

007.jpg

Here is my new one.

005.jpg

Here is my wifes new one

004.jpg

Here are both new ones side by side. Note my wifes Vin# is stamped with bolder font. The spacing above "Shelby GT500" is smaller distance. The over all length is shorter & not centered. The bigger font numbers on the 8,9,5 and 4 almost make the engraving eat out the centers of those numbers. The Paint has some shading inconsistency in it as well.

006.jpg

003.jpg

My assessment is that my wife's plaque was ordered on the first day of availability and therefore one of the first produced. The learning curve on matching the originals was not ran thru a QA/QC evaluation at that time. Then the mistake was noticed and corrected on the later runs.

Thanks, Grabber, I'll pass this on... Jer

• 1 month later...

Any word on the next batch of these coming in Jer? I think i am about week 8 now, just curious if i am getting close.

EDIT- Never mind, just looked at my acount and seen that it shipped today :happy feet:

Thanks

Mine, ordered on 2 May, arrived this afternoon. (Exactly 8 weeks from order to delivery.)

Quality piece, with which I'm very pleased. FWIW, Jer, it would be great if you guys provided email update(s) at one or two key milestones in the process (e.g., production complete, shipped).

• 1 year later...

Questions about the Plaque, Whats best Buying the plaque stamped with the signature or buying it blank and sending it off to the Carroll Shelby Foundation for the Auto-pen signature?

Thanks fellow members

My take on the matter may cost more but it means so much more than the old mighty dollar:

I would get the auto pen signature. By making that donation to the Foundation you are supporting one of Carroll Shelby's most cherished programs. In addition you will be touching some young persons life in a very positive way. Display the signature loud and proud. The stamped signature is just that. Another stamped signature (not saying that is bad but in comparison to the Foundation auto-pen and what it stands for). Just my thought on the question. Good luck with your decision.

• 4 months later...

Whoa bringing this one back.

I really want the Dash Plaque and am leaning on getting autopen. My concern is the shipping, I'll have to look into how much will it cost me to send to be signed.

Was hoping to have it for the All Fords show in Carlisle, PA this June but from what I can see, will take a while to get to me then another period when I send the dash plaque to be signed.

hhrrmmmm, decisions decisions...

Archived