TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who painted their rocker panel stripes?

ITHERTZ66

Yep, mine were painted. My stripes however were done oposite of what you would think. Mine was painted gold first and then the black painted over the gold. So the reverse stripe was created by a local custom sign shop called FineLine Graphics. They matched the strip first, then created the reverse stencil. I've never heard exactly if they kept the file. My painter's name was Dan Ambrosio of Ambrosio Concepts. You may want to contact Fineline to see if they may have a record. Their number is 303-293-9215. That would have been back. That would have been in February 2009. Here's the thread where I did mine:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/39575-painted-stripes/

Yep, mine were painted. My stripes however were done oposite of what you would think. Mine was painted gold first and then the black painted over the gold. So the reverse stripe was created by a local custom sign shop called FineLine Graphics. They matched the strip first, then created the reverse stencil. I've never heard exactly if they kept the file. My painter's name was Dan Ambrosio of Ambrosio Concepts. You may want to contact Fineline to see if they may have a record. Their number is 303-293-9215. That would have been back. That would have been in February 2009. Here's the thread where I did mine:

http://www.teamshelb...ainted-stripes/

I called FineLine and they need a company name to reference the order from back in 2009. I gave them both Dan Ambrosio and Ambrosio Concepts but no luck. I can't see how the font size you mentioned on your other post could be 96......That would seem way too small....unless they did it at 150 DPI?

Bummer. That would be all the info that I have. It should be Ambrosio Concepts for the reference name. That is who did the work and got the stripes. 96 is just what I pulled off of an earlier thread. That is what i gave my painter, but again, he had an exact mask duplicated off the car. Not sure what they did in the end.

I don't know if my stripes are original or not, but here's what I came up with:

Myriad Pro Bold Italic 160pt Font at 97% horizontal stretch and 110% vertical stretch (300 dpi). The Hyphen had to be 117% vertical stretch.

I'd say that I'm pretty darn close here. Also, I'm not holding it as straight as possible due to one hand on camera, one hand on paper, and laying nearly on the cold floor.

Troy

IMG_20130116_160758.jpg

IMG_20130116_160736.jpg

IMG_20130108_155814.jpg

IMG_20130116_165114.jpg

Archived