TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oportunity for 2013 Shelby

cleghornm

I have the oportunity to purchase a 2103 Shelby GT 500 for 2000 over MSRP, which I think is a fair deal, not great but fair. The MSRP is right at 64K and I offered 66K, waiting to see what they say. Is this a fair dela like I stated? I currenlty own a 2103 BOSS 302, and I really like the car; so is the Shelby really worth 20K more than the BOSS?

Thanks

Michael

Hey Mike,

I'm sure you will get all kinds of answers. I see you live in Tx. I just purchased a special order Shelby from McCombs in San Antonio for MSRP. I ordered about every option possible so I know there was money in it for them. They were asking for 8k over but was willing to just kill the deal and get something else if they didnt want to play ball. I will say that the experience was very pleasurable but the Shelby's on their lot had 10K Dealer makrups on them.

I agree with you that 2k over isnt super great but also dont think its robbery if you want the car.

As far as your quesdtion about value vs the Boss I think that is in the opinion of the driver. The Boss from the factory handles bettewr but the Shelby is a H.P. brute that you can make handle better with some upgrades.

With CS gone now the collectability of the Shelby I feel will be much greater than the Boss. The Shelby family may not even let Ford continue with the name who knows.

If I had the money I might buy a Boss or a Roush for a track car. If you can afford both I would get the Shelby without hesitation.

JMHO

Kevin

WOW..$64000 for a 2013 Shelby gt5000...Here in Ottawa Ontario Canada ..The SOB,s. want $73299 BEFORE TAXes..admin...lic..etc...Geeeeeezz $64000 WHAT A DEAL...O YA. Boss 302 starts at $54000 ..God Damn Robbers......

I have the oportunity to purchase a 2103 Shelby GT 500 for 2000 over MSRP, which I think is a fair deal, not great but fair. The MSRP is right at 64K and I offered 66K, waiting to see what they say. Is this a fair dela like I stated? I currenlty own a 2103 BOSS 302, and I really like the car; so is the Shelby really worth 20K more than the BOSS?

Thanks

Michael

although 2Gs over MSRP isn't bad as some of the deals I saw when I was shopping, I think if you wait and have patience, you will find MSRP or better. It took me 5 months of shopping but I finally was able to order the exact car I wanted at MSRP and picked it up last month. the key is to use cars.com and autotrader to locate the vehicle you want or a dealer who gets a large allotment and call them

Exactly what does your attacking me for whatever weird reason do for this thread? Not sure what your problem is but you are obviously angry about something. Hope your day gets better Pal, Enjoy!

Sorry you feel I attacked you. I feel you are giving criticism to someone who came here looking for help. You have no experience in the matter, so your opinions/advice mean nothing on this subject.

Don't buy into all the hype about collector car. Its going to be another 15-20 years from now before they become more valuable. Trade a 2013 in next year and see how much your collector car is going to be worth. Like some of the other members have said, shop around and you will find a deal. Some of these dealers are in love with their cars and feel they can BS anyone. I don't like those types of sales people. They could care less about the you, its all about the almighty dollar to them

Good luck in your search.

OP: Only you can make the call if it is worth the difference over the Boss. I've never had the fortune to drive a Boss, so I can't make a comparison. I can say that I've never spent half as much on a car before as I did on my 13, and it's worth every penny to me. But again, I'm a lifelong Mustanger, and owning a Shelby has been a dream for a LONG time.

As to how good of a deal: You're going to have to be the judge on that as well, but I'll try to give you some decent perspective to consider. First: I'd say MOST have paid MSRP or slightly more, but no one will likely know for sure. You might very well be able to get a better purchase price somewhere else, but you have to ask

a) is it outfitted exactly like you want, and

B) what would you spend to get it from somewhere else?

If you have to start factoring gas, airline tickets, hotel, vacation time, etc, you may not be saving much in total cost to buy one locally at $2k over. What's the value of having the relationship with the dealer you're purchasing from? Is this the hometown guy you'll be trying to buy your next several Fords from, or is this a one-time transaction?

Resale value is only important if you have a reasonable expectation of wanting to sell the car in the near future. Collectability isn't exactly a strong reason to buy any car, as there are safer investments out there with better rates of return.

I bought mine for MSRP, and am very happy with that price. I had another one lined up to buy from Seattle at MSRP, which would have entailed me spending several thousand more to bring the car back to AK. I was absolutely good with that, and in fact somewhat disappointed that I missed out on my 4000 mile roadtrip. The ONLY person you have to please with your purchase price is YOU. The only SUCKER on this thread is the ass clown who shows up in every thread mentioning "13 Shelby", whose only contribution is to insult the buyer and then get offended when others call him an ass clown.

I can't guarantee you won't be thrilled with a '13 Shelby, but I'd be very surprised if you're not. Hope that helps.

although 2Gs over MSRP isn't bad as some of the deals I saw when I was shopping, I think if you wait and have patience, you will find MSRP or better. It took me 5 months of shopping but I finally was able to order the exact car I wanted at MSRP and picked it up last month. the key is to use cars.com and autotrader to locate the vehicle you want or a dealer who gets a large allotment and call them

So the point you are making is for hours upon hours of shopping, wear and tear on your current vehicle and a long long long five month wait you can save $2000 but may have to pay several thousand for plane tickets, the gas to drive home not to mention the lost time from work and wear and tear on the new vehicle. Hmmmm I think I would just pay the $2000 and be done with it and have the car the same or next day. JMHO. I could be wrong. And I am sorry, I don't mean to be facetious but all things considered................

WOW..$64000 for a 2013 Shelby gt5000...Here in Ottawa Ontario Canada ..The SOB,s. want $73299 BEFORE TAXes..admin...lic..etc...Geeeeeezz $64000 WHAT A DEAL...O YA. Boss 302 starts at $54000 ..God Damn Robbers......

I did a lot of looking before I bought in Canada. Look closer at the Canadian MSRP yes the base is higher but look at the options all are priced less than the US MSRP. Then start adding what it costs to exchange your Money(banks win there), cost of pickup or shipping to port of entry, turn on the DTRL, cost of a safety inspection, then add your time you spent.

I got mine local in Victoria MSRP - 1500 or so and drove it 8 miles to my home. The Canadian price is not that bad.

What grts me is that the sales person thinks he/she is doing us a favor...A lad in the club went and bought a 08 KR for $46000 in April of 2012 from MD USA...Here black on black 09 KR at the SVT dealer is selling for $65000?.Campbell Ford...Ottawa...Now PAUL did not add additional $20000 to bring his home from MD...We know there is a saving of $12000 or more when buying across the border.....Alot of us have $$$$. To spend BUT we do not liked to be laughed at by GREEDY DEALERS.....My .02cts.....

So the point you are making is for hours upon hours of shopping, wear and tear on your current vehicle and a long long long five month wait you can save $2000 but may have to pay several thousand for plane tickets, the gas to drive home not to mention the lost time from work and wear and tear on the new vehicle. Hmmmm I think I would just pay the $2000 and be done with it and have the car the same or next day. JMHO. I could be wrong. And I am sorry, I don't mean to be facetious but all things considered................

that's a good point, $2g over MSRP isn't that much of a difference in the long run, especially if you are financing. if the car is optioned exactly how he likes it and he wants it now, why not buy it? when I was looking, I found several cars that were close but not exactly what I wanted and were over MSRP so I'm glad I waited and was able to order to my specs.

Wow, really amazing to read how some of you guys can rationalize being bent over and raped by car salesman, very sad.

While you find it repulsive to pay even MSRP for a new car it really depends on what he is comfortable with. I paid MSRP for mine which was ordered with exactly the color and options I wanted. I didnt find it outrageous to pay that because I will keep the car several years. I lost a car I had over 100K invested in to some ass-hat that decided to steal it and destroy it. I agree with others that 2k over MSRP isnt the buy of the century but if he wants the Shelby and can easily afford it he should do it and wont be sorry.Many others here gladly paid more for theirs.

I got my car for MSRP but I had to pay for a plane ticket to go pick it up, take two days off work (vacation), pay for gasoline for 1000 miles drive home, pay for hotel room for one night, pay for food and snacks on the drive home and when I got home my 2 day old new car was filthy and has 1000 miles on it. Then I had to go to the local DMV to license it in my home state. So in the end it cost me two days, about $1200, couple extra trips and a new car with 1000 miles on it.

$2000 extra not so bad when you add all that in. Still prefer to pay MSRP or below though and be local.

I bought a 2013 this past weekend for a tad less than MSRP in Ohio. It didn't exactly have the ideal options I wanted but the price was fair and they gave me a great trade in on my Boss.

Last I checked, Moses Ford in WV has a black 2013 gt500 with svtpp, track packs and recaros for MSRP. I was going to buy from them but we couldn't work out a good trade.

Thats a bargin - they are more than double that in Australia!

You can find out what a "deal" $64,000.00 was when you attempt to trade it in 2 years and they offer you 38K for it.

I remember when I was looking, Ford of Queens (NY) wanted 50k over, that's right, 50 grand over sticker. They said since Shelby died, the GT500's were worth more. Of course, you could hear them back peddling when I said I had an '08 GT500 and asked why that wasn't worth anymore than blue book. The really sad part was, the sales girl couldn't even spell Shelby correctly!

Thanks for sharing your expertise Drmustang. How many 2013 GT500's have you purchased at/or below MSRP? Oh that's right, NONE!

Not to incur your wrath; but, I've actually bought both my '08 GT500 at MSRP and my '13 at just slightly under MSRP. The '08 I had to ship it back from Indiana, because the dealers in New Jersey all wanted 10k to 15k over at that time. For my '13 GT500, my hometown Florida dealer wanted 10k over as well. When I said I wouldn't pay over sticker, the sales manager said "well then, I guess you won't be driving a new GT500." Well, I love a challenge. Next town over, I ordered exactly the car I wanted for less than sticker. So bottom line, there are some good dealers out there. BTW, Bozard Ford in St. Augustine, FL is one of the best.

I really didn't intend this to be a post on who made the better deal or who is getting taken advantage of. I am sincerely happy for those people who can afford and own a Shelby, like myself. I hope that everyone who has the ability to buy a Shelby can, and enjoys it when they get it. There are many people that aren't as fortunate as some of us to be able to own a Shelby, much less two or three. I just asked a simple question; yes I paid a little over sticker, but got almost what I paid for the Boss, so at the end of the day I am happy. I got what I wanted and didn't have to drive but five miles to get it. I look at it, like this; it’s just a car and I would let it go in a heartbeat to take care of family. Just my two cents.

I really didn't intend this to be a post on who made the better deal or who is getting taken advantage of. I am sincerely happy for those people who can afford and own a Shelby, like myself. I hope that everyone who has the ability to buy a Shelby can, and enjoys it when they get it. There are many people that aren't as fortunate as some of us to be able to own a Shelby, much less two or three. I just asked a simple question; yes I paid a little over sticker, but got almost what I paid for the Boss, so at the end of the day I am happy. I got what I wanted and didn't have to drive but five miles to get it. I look at it, like this; it’s just a car and I would let it go in a heartbeat to take care of family. Just my two cents.

I like how you think. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Michael,

Perhaps you have already made your decision...I too had the 12 Boss then a 13 Boss and loved both but went to the 2013 GT500 3 weeks ago. I loved both Bosses but had to experience the latest engineering and torque is quite an increase from the Boss (from 380 to 631 but some folks think the 631 is understated by about 30) so it is more of a street car and high speed interstate cruiser as the Boss was best for the track.

Gas mileage is off 15 percent but what the heck it is worth it. Right now although I do miss the Boss, still very happy with the the decision to go for the gusto so I am really happy with it.....and not sure how long Ford will build something like this may not be much longer so no regrets yet....but I figure there are a lot of Boss 302s on the market with very low mileage (garage queens) so I can always go back to the Boss in a year or so if I wish. Having a GT500 is one more big line item on my bucket list.

Rodders

Archived