TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where is the market on 07 GT-H?

JCO

Hello fellow Shelby fans, This is my first post so please take it easy on me. I am considering selling my 07 GT-H. Where is the market on these cars? I purchased the car from Hertz with 3,000 miles. It was rented in SC and has not left the state since. I am a collector so the car has been pampered but enjoyed. I love this car so much I drove it a lot for two years and it has 28,000 miles on it now. It has always been parked inside so the stripes are still the original ones as well as the top! Thank you for any feedback!

Hello fellow Shelby fans, This is my first post so please take it easy on me. I am considering selling my 07 GT-H. Where is the market on these cars? I purchased the car from Hertz with 3,000 miles. It was rented in SC and has not left the state since. I am a collector so the car has been pampered but enjoyed. I love this car so much I drove it a lot for two years and it has 28,000 miles on it now. It has always been parked inside so the stripes are still the original ones as well as the top! Thank you for any feedback!

Hey JCO

Let me suggest that you go to the Shelby GT-H (2006 coupe) topic area. There are several recent posts where GT-H values are discussed. Yes, these posts heavily favor the coupe, but there's also a lot of '07 information sprinkled in that hopefully will help you to determine a fair value range for your car.

Best of luck

Watch the Barret Jackson auction this weekend and the Mecum next week as there are several to be sold. I plan on being at Mecum's to look at the gt-h's and see what they bring.

Watch the Barret Jackson auction this weekend and the Mecum next week as there are several to be sold. I plan on being at Mecum's to look at the gt-h's and see what they bring.

Auction prices sometimes can help drive the market, but Barrett Jackson Scottsdale is not normally one of those. That one is usually quite a bit above real market. Some deals that are ok to good, but most, not so much. Real world sales are much closer to the real world market. SGT-C0056's 07 just sold last week for $22K on E-bay, and this was after quite a few months of him working on selling it. Baring his car had 54K miles on it, but was a very nice car. I came really close to pulling the trigger on that one, but I'm just not ready yet. This thread has been following quite a few recent sales. Mostly 06 cars, but a couple of 07's. A 28K mile car is probably correct in the $26K-$32K range right now for actual sales.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78992-several-gt-hs-for-sale-on-various-websites-updated-1813/

Auction prices sometimes can help drive the market, but Barrett Jackson Scottsdale is not normally one of those. That one is usually quite a bit above real market. Some deals that are ok to good, but most, not so much. Real world sales are much closer to the real world market. SGT-C0056's 07 just sold last week for $22K on E-bay, and this was after quite a few months of him working on selling it. Baring his car had 54K miles on it, but was a very nice car. I came really close to pulling the trigger on that one, but I'm just not ready yet. This thread has been following quite a few recent sales. Mostly 06 cars, but a couple of 07's. A 28K mile car is probably correct in the $26K-$32K range right now for actual sales.

http://www.teamshelb...s-updated-1813/

That's one of the lowest GTH prices I've seen, even with the mileage. The seller probably hurt himself by having the auction end on new years day and also by not letting bidders know how low his reserve price was. A different ending time and either no reserve or at least putting in the description how low the reserve was, would have in my opinion netted the seller at least $3-5k more by incresing the amount of watcher/bidders.

Steve

Steve,

As I tried for several months on selling it and low, low bids. I also had it as a NO RESERVE once for $25K, and not a single bid. My lower value price was due to a couple factors, 1- I needed the money, 2- The top was worn and the glass came un-glueded. it was a $1600-2000 replacement (depending of who did it). It also had some rear facia dents from a parking lot. Overall, if it had a good top, I would have sold it for no less than $25. It went to a good home and considering I paid $25K for the car 3 years ago, im happy other than the fact that I hate having to sell that car....but I will find a replacement in the future.

JCO, $28K would be a good deal on your car. That would be my min reserve

Steve,

As I tried for several months on selling it and low, low bids. I also had it as a NO RESERVE once for $25K, and not a single bid. My lower value price was due to a couple factors, 1- I needed the money, 2- The top was worn and the glass came un-glueded. it was a $1600-2000 replacement (depending of who did it). It also had some rear facia dents from a parking lot. Overall, if it had a good top, I would have sold it for no less than $25. It went to a good home and considering I paid $25K for the car 3 years ago, im happy other than the fact that I hate having to sell that car....but I will find a replacement in the future.

JCO, $28K would be a good deal on your car. That would be my min reserve

I understand your situation and agree that for what you paid for the car and having three years of ownership, you did alright. At least we know that those sellers asking a whole lot more money, that also have a whole lot more miles, are going to have to face reality sooner rather than later.

Steve

Archived