TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake

Hello Everyone,

Just signed myself up for the Super Snake Package....725+ HP. :banana piano:

Received my confirmation from Bud at Shelby Autos this morning.

My Super Snake package will be installed at the east coast facility.

Now the hardest thing being is the wait.......... :waiting:

Question for everyone ?

1. Who is getting one of these mods ?

2. Which Package are you considering ?

3. Which facility will you choose to do your installation ?

Tony

Hello Everyone,

Just signed myself up for the Super Snake Package....725+ HP. :banana piano:

Received my confirmation from Bud at Shelby Autos this morning.

My Super Snake package will be installed at the east coast facility.

Now the hardest thing being is the wait.......... :waiting:

Question for everyone ?

1. Who is getting one of these mods ?

2. Which Package are you considering ?

3. Which facility will you choose to do your installation ?

Tony

Super Snake package signed up and confirmed on the list(did you receive any other confirmation?)

I would guess the east coast facility That woud be my choice anyway.(makes sense since i live on the east coast)

Still undecided on the 620 or 725hp but leaning towards the 725

Jim

I'm on the list and have received the email back indicating so. I'm hoping to get the 725 package but need to see the prices first. When I mentioned it to the wife, she actually told me to get the 725 package so I wouldn't be disappointed later. I'm affraid she's got something up her sleeve. :waiting:

John took my order last Friday, but no email conformation yet. I'm leaning towards the 600 hp. I will delivery my car to Vegas for the mod. The three month wait from the time I ordered to the time I picked up my car just about killed me. I think this wait just might finish me.

For me it's all about the price point between a warrented & non-warrented package. Anybody can drive a 700+hp car if they never use the full power, but give a person 700+hp that has no common sense or brains & somebody is getting injured or worse.

Right now I'm already on the 40th anniversay list & if this SS package hits 20-25k then I might reconsider & stay with just an appearence package (40th since less will be done due to the high volume of SS request) Only time & cost will determine how many actually get it & which one.

I'm on the list for the SS package. Got my email confirmation yesterday moring. Don't know which package I'll get and alot depends on price and when I get my car and for how much. it's just nice right now to ensure that if I want it I can get it.

Throwing on a blower to bump your horsepower to 700+ that deletes your warranty is a little scary. :stop: Whatever floats your boat Evel Knievel.

Got an e-mail from Shelby's vice president Gary Patterson that he forwarded my request for the Super Snake Package last week. Called John Walker also and confirmed I was on the list with the phone receptionist. They are all in a meeting this morning. I don't think I want to lose the warranty. The 600 horsepower upgrade should be plenty to blow the doors off anything comparable on the road. Just as long as the Audi's are dead against this.

Curious how many of you will continue to pursue this full package if it turns out to be a $25,000 price tag??

I don't see why anybody would do the package when it can be matched $ for $ for a whole lot less, with better performing parts.

As far as better performing parts it is all the way you tweak it and how long it lasts. I would say it is a warranty issue and an authorized Shelby upgrade issue. It tends to keep the collector car status intact as opposed to the more generic non-Shelby/Ford mods. Isn't that the obvious reason?

I wonder how much less regular Ford Racing parts installed by an authorized dealer of similar type to the Super S Package would save you? Anyway no costs have been announced yet, but I would have to say it will not be any kind of bargain that's for sure.

FYI: Technically if you're matching $ for $ then it is not less..... I mean it is either less, or you're matching. :doh:

Could this be sour grapes and envy from an impatient pre-mod owner? Don't get so agro because you probably did save some bucks.

As far as better performing parts it is all the way you tweak it and how long it lasts. I would say it is a warranty issue and an authorized Shelby upgrade issue. It tends to keep the collector car status intact as opposed to the more generic non-Shelby/Ford mods. Isn't that the obvious reason?

I wonder how much less regular Ford Racing parts installed by an authorized dealer of similar type to the Super S Package would save you? Anyway no costs have been announced yet, but I would have to say it will not be any kind of bargain that's for sure.

FYI: Technically if you're matching $ for $ then it is not less..... I mean it is either less, or you're matching. :doh:

Could this be sour grapes and envy from an impatient pre-mod owner? Don't get so agro because you probably did save some bucks.

I wasn't aware that this is a collectors car. We know for fact that they are making at least 20K of these in the 2 year run, that is far from rare and it took 40 years and a Hollywood movie to make the older Shelby's gain tremendous value.

Sour grapes and envy, absolutely not. FRPP would not be on my list of places to get aftermarket parts from (well, except for gears). Just looking at the stock suspension would give you a good insight as to what Ford Racing has developed...aren't the stock control arms, bad ass? I built my car the way I want, using the best parts available and I didn't pay a ridiculous premium to have some "super snake" moniker slapped on to my car.

I'm on the list and have received the email back indicating so. I'm hoping to get the 725 package but need to see the prices first. When I mentioned it to the wife, she actually told me to get the 725 package so I wouldn't be disappointed later. I'm affraid she's got something up her sleeve. :waiting:

Ditto

This is scary, I have the same opinion as you, and my wife and I had the exact same conversation. I married a great gal, If we can afford it and it makes me happy she always tells me to go for it.

LIFE IS GOOD

Alan

I don't see why anybody would do the package when it can be matched $ for $ for a whole lot less, with better performing parts.

I got an e-mail comfirmation that I am on the list. I am leaning toward the 725hp version, depending on price (if it is less than $30k I am in). I do not drive mine daily so I do not care about the warranty. My '69 cost more and doesn't have one.

As to why to spend the money on this type of conversion rather than buying the parts and doing it your self? Resale!! not collectability. History has shown that Saleen packages hold their value extremely well. The Mustang under the Saleen costume depreciates normally, but the Saleen conversion has little deprecation. In other words, if a Saleen cost $15k more than a standard Mustang GT, that $15k shrinks very little and you basically add the $15k to the current market value of the same year Mustang GT. On the other hand, modifying any Mustang typically makes it worth less and is more difficult to sell. If you buy all of the parts needed to make your car put out 725hp, all the money you spend on parts goes down the toilet. If you do not believe me watch Ebay for a while and see what modded '03-'04 Cobras sell for when compared to unmolested cars. I think that having the SS conversion done will give me the opportunity to have one outrageous car with great resale and possibly future collectability.

I got an e-mail comfirmation that I am on the list. I am leaning toward the 725hp version, depending on price (if it is less than $30k I am in). I do not drive mine daily so I do not care about the warranty. My '69 cost more and doesn't have one.

As to why to spend the money on this type of conversion rather than buying the parts and doing it your self? Resale!! not collectability. History has shown that Saleen packages hold their value extremely well. The Mustang under the Saleen costume depreciates normally, but the Saleen conversion has little deprecation. In other words, if a Saleen cost $15k more than a standard Mustang GT, that $15k shrinks very little and you basically add the $15k to the current market value of the same year Mustang GT. On the other hand, modifying any Mustang typically makes it worth less and is more difficult to sell. If you buy all of the parts needed to make your car put out 725hp, all the money you spend on parts goes down the toilet. If you do not believe me watch Ebay for a while and see what modded '03-'04 Cobras sell for when compared to unmolested cars. I think that having the SS conversion done will give me the opportunity to have one outrageous car with great resale and possibly future collectability.

+1 well put.

I am planning to go with the 725 HP also but will need to justify the cost difference before finally deciding. I recieved an e-mail from Bud this morning advising me that I am on the waiting list and will be contacted when the time is right. Nothing said about whether the list is for 600 or 725 HP.

Does anyone have the email of the person who is in charge of this list? I work faster by email, and they may too? Or what is his phone #? I am looking into getting an 08, so would they still put me on the list, or do they ask you for you vehicle information? Basically, can one get on the list WITHOUT presently owning a SHELBY GT500?

Does anyone have the email of the person who is in charge of this list? I work faster by email, and they may too? Or what is his phone #? I am looking into getting an 08, so would they still put me on the list, or do they ask you for you vehicle information? Basically, can one get on the list WITHOUT presently owning a SHELBY GT500?

See this thread for how to get on the list.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...&pid=140117

i just did a quick search on 2001 saleens vs 2001 gt's with similar miles and it's a 5-7K price difference. The new price was well over a 20K difference.

I checked NADA and KBB and they show a $12k to $14k premium for the Saleen (2000 model convertible). Not 100% value retention, but way better than a modded car!!!! I have a good friend that spent $40k making a '94 Cobra make 450rwhp and other parformance and styling mods. He sold the car with 54,000 miles on it for $15k. The only reason he got that much for it was because he sold it to someone he knew and they knew how much he had spent and how they car had been driven. If the car had been completely stock he could have gotten the same or more to the general public. You do your thing and I will buy the SS package and we will see whose money was better spent in a couple of years.

The true cost of anything is the difference between what you pay for it and what you are able to sell it for. My classic Mustangs do not cost me anything because I always sell them for more than I paid for them. This car is going to cost me something, but I plan to minimize it and have fun.

No flames .. just a serious question.

Those going with the SS ... is that 725crank HP or rwhp ???

Second question ... when approaching the 700 hp mark .... i understand the rods become suspect .... Is SAI changing out the rods ?

One thing I have thought of doing when I am out of warranty is IF i go to a KB ... and pay $6000 for it than i would spend another 2500 for new rods as well.

Any thoughts on this ?

ps: right now real happy with my puny stage II that i hope will dyno out at 570+ rwhp

Yea, something's fishy there. If I were you I'd check and see if she has reciently taken out a million dollar life insurance policy with your name on it!

"sure honey, go get the 725 H.P. mod" :hysterical2:

I'am on the list as of last Friday email sent from Bud at SAI....I requested to be on the list for

08 GT500.. I would say yes you can be on the list with owning a Shelby at this time..remember

this is just the beginning of them looking at how many owners and new owners are intersted.

I'm looking to do the 40th and the SS 600hp upgrade - and getting that done on the East coast. I'm assuming that 600hp is at the crank.

I've been on the 40th list for some time. I sent a note to John and Bud over the weekend asking about that being sufficient for getting the SS work done, too. I have yet to hear back. I've seen that question asked and answered on other threads where it's said that that's true, but I've have yet to get any confirmation.

Second question ... when approaching the 700 hp mark .... i understand the rods become suspect .... Is SAI changing out the rods ?

One thing I have thought of doing when I am out of warranty is IF i go to a KB ... and pay $6000 for it than i would spend another 2500 for new rods as well.

Any thoughts on this ?

ps: right now real happy with my puny stage II that i hope will dyno out at 570+ rwhp

I've read somewhere that the 725 HP is at the flywheel and not RWHP but no one has yet to confirm.

Any thoughts on this ?

sho,

The 725hp is at the motor. This is the same blower being sold by Roush & FRPP right now (not shipping just yet though ;) ) I've been told by Roush engineers that the rods have been good to around 740-750 at the motor which, I think, is close to the 625rwhp limit that has been mentioned many times before. According to a response 68fastback received from Eaton, the hp limit on this package is in the tune for the sake of the rods (I'm reading between the lines on that one guys). So there is the possibility of upgrading internals and getting more out of this blower. We just won't know until someone publishes a s/c map.

fwiw, resale values on this or any other "package" will have no direct or indirect correlation to the PAST imho. If you think it's cool; buy it. If not; then don't. I think it's foolish to speculate with a brand new car.

Me, I'm going to buy the best products for the way I intend to use the car at the best prices I can get from all available sources. I'll never sell (God willing) so value is all determined by me. Not trying to sound harsh, honestly. Just thinking out loud...

And at least I can buy the cool hood from SAI, Thank you Amy!

<edit> sp

Archived