TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby B-day tribute Jan 12th at Petersen Museum - LA

Los Angeles, CA -- Shelby fans and owners are invited to a Carroll Shelby Tribute Cruise-In at the Petersen Automotive Museum here on Saturday, Jan. 12 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is scheduled in correlation with Shelby's January birthday (Jan. 11, 1923).

Few names are as tightly interwoven with American car culture as Shelby, father of the Shelby Cobras and Mustangs, and a notable race car driver with a win at Le Mans in 1959 for Aston Martin and an FIA GT World Championship in 1965 as a manufacturer with the iconic Cobra Daytona coupe.

His death last May rippled through the entire automotive landscape.

"Few individuals in the auto industry have the iconic status of Carroll Shelby," said museum exec director Terry Karges. "This is the first birthday since his passing... and we knew that we had to host a tribute to celebrate the life of a man whose impact on our industry has been enormous."

The tribute, presented by Hillbank Motor Sports and Superformance, offers VIP Shelby vehicle parking (Cobras, Shelby Mustangs, Sunbeam Tigers, etc.) and preferred parking for show cars. A people's choice award will be presented, and the Petersen will extend discounted 2 for 1 admission to all show participants. Parking is free for all Shelbys, Shelby replicas, hot rods, classics or other special interest vehicles. The cruise-in is free to attend, but admission is required to view exhibits inside the museum.

For more information on the tribute call: 949-900-1960 or visit: www.petersen.org

Shayna Stander will have special parking at the Petersen Museum for this Carroll Shelby Tribute, if you plan to attend, please send a quick note to shaynas@hillbankusa.com.

I will be there with my COCOACO. We will meet at Hillbank @ 7:30 for cruise into museum.

The SoCal SAAC San Diego Region club will be attending too. Could we meet up with you at Hillbank and cruise to the Peterson with your group?

• 11 months later...

I came down for a little bit. Great turnout. Unfortunately I didn't have my GT500 ready so I was in my 03 Cobra.

Has anyone seen any more pictures posted online?

Here a few links from the Petersen and Hillbank on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152157796492402.1073741827.15816867401&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151852692101994.1073741841.63962821993&type=1

Archived