TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Daytona 500

robertlane

I might make it to the 24 hour race. I don't do NASCAR.

Nice! If you make it, try to look me up around the Grand-Am trailer. It will be a crazy weekend!

Robert,

Are you going to try and make it for the 24 hour weekend January 25-27?

Looking like the 24 hour race will start with 60-65 cars. There are 59 cars testing this weekend. The Continental Challenge race on Friday (where the Mustangs are) will have 80+ cars startng. There are 56 cars testing this weekend, but many Continental teams do not make it for the test days.

Nice! If you make it, try to look me up around the Grand-Am trailer. It will be a crazy weekend!

Robert,

Are you going to try and make it for the 24 hour weekend January 25-27? Edit: I forgot you will probably still be at the NAIAS in Detroit that weeknd.......

Looking like the 24 hour race will start with 60-65 cars. There are 59 cars testing this weekend. The Continental Challenge race on Friday (where the Mustangs are) will have 80+ cars startng. There are 56 cars testing this weekend, but many Continental teams do not make it for the test days.

It's pretty sad to see the official t-shirt for "The Great American Race" uses a Toyota in the design. :drop:

You couldn't pay me to wear that shirt..... :nonono:

Oh, you didn't get the memo?? LOL

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/06/ranking-the-two-most-american-cars-are-from-japanese-makers/1#.UOcQ7Xy9KSM

It's pretty sad to see the official t-shirt for "The Great American Race" uses a Toyota in the design. :drop:

You couldn't pay me to wear that shirt..... :nonono:

Didn't even notice that. Saw the shirt at a store and snapped a photo.

I might make it to the 24 hour race. I don't do NASCAR.

Generally, me too.

Robert,

Are you going to try and make it for the 24 hour weekend January 25-27?

Not sure about my schedule yet.

"Nice! If you make it, try to look me up around the Grand-Am trailer. It will be a crazy weekend!"

Which Grand Am trailer specifically? I will be in St Pete around that time and am thinking about coming over for this race.

The series official trailer, that is where I work at the Grand-Am races. We have two trailers, should be side by side by the tech area in the garages.

GAtrailer_zpsb591113b.jpg

Ok cool. Will do. I guess you know Kevin B from TRG then.

Yea, I've known Kevin for many years. Many bottles of Adobe Road wine in the basement. Including one of his custom etched 24hr of Daytona bottles from when he won the 24 in 2003. Ever been to his tasting room in his Porsche Shop in Petaluma? That is an amazing place. Will be interesting to see how his new relationship with Aston Martin goes.

"when he won the 24 in 2003. "

I was there! A great win for TRG. That was a tough race - they lost 2 other cars. But won overall.

I met him at The Glen the year before. Just like this-he was on rennlist, as I was. I mentioned I was going to The Glen for the race. He got on and said if I was coming up to stop by the garage. So I did.

I have since been to a lot of tracks as a TRG fan. He always says hello and remembers my name.

Sorry - that is way cool, to me anyway.

Archived