TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Megafactories: Ford Mustang

JeffIsHereToo

Thanks for sharing, just finished watching it. Anybody notice a different model car on the same lines at certain points? Couldn't figure out what car model it was, anybody know, just curious?

Mazda 6. They are made on the same line at the same time. Wasn't brought out at all in the video but we saw them when we visited the factory. The joint agreement with Ford has ended and I believe the cars will no longer be made there. It's actually a good thing as the expectation is that the factory will need to be 100% Mustang production to meed the forecasted demand for the first few years of the new car.

I just watched the entire show on our big screen with my wife Tana. Great show. Thanks for posting. Gives me memories of my 2 tours of the plant. Nice to see Ralph is still the man in charge of the plant.

Thanks for sharing the video. For those of us who haven't toured the plant it's a fantastic inside view.

It was intersting to watch the various assemblies with the enthusiasm and pride of the line workers! :salute:

Here's to another 50 years!

Indeed the other model car shown was the Mazda model that was made there, and the Mazda folks have now moved out and the former Auto Alliance Plant is now the Ford Flat Rock plant and I believe will be

the production plant for the Mustang from now on. You may have noticed different models of the Mustang in the video as well, some views showed European tail lights for export and some showed 2011 or 2012 models.

And some 2013 models were shown in the video as well. I live close by, worked for Ford and toured the plant many times. A nice place to take a tour if you are in the area.

Mazda 6. They are made on the same line at the same time. Wasn't brought out at all in the video but we saw them when we visited the factory. The joint agreement with Ford has ended and I believe the cars will no longer be made there. It's actually a good thing as the expectation is that the factory will need to be 100% Mustang production to meed the forecasted demand for the first few years of the new car.

You are right about the Mazda 6 not being produced in Flat Rock anymore. However, the plant won't be 100% dedicated to the Mustang's production. Ford will also produce some of its new Fusions there (Fusions are also produced in Mexico).

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37067

You are right about the Mazda 6 not being produced in Flat Rock anymore. However, the plant won't be 100% dedicated to the Mustang's production. Ford will also produce some of its new Fusions there (Fusions are also produced in Mexico).

http://media.ford.co...rticle_id=37067

Good info! Thanks!

Archived