TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anyone going to Barrett Jackson Scottsdale???

jwestercamp

I'll be taking one film crew and several photographers, all of which will be posted on our FB site below. Website/YouTube should be up soon too....

You got your eye on something Ken??? lol

Dan

Hi Dan - I ran out of room!! I picked up a 67 GT350 that is unrestored with 25,900 miles over the summer. All original paint and perfect interior no modifications. Anyway S Becker is selling his 9,000 original mile 67 GT500 at BJ on saturday so I am real interested to see what money that car brings. Beckers car is the gt500 that was in the LV museum until he got into the pissing match with SAI.

I have been watching your deep draw hood swap. Looking forward to seeing the finished product up close. See ya in LV?

• 3 weeks later...

I was at Scottsdale for the first time at Barrett and Russo/Steele both just getting back this AM. Such a difference in the auctions styles but knew what to expect with R&S after seeing them in Monterey last year. Barrett was packed but entertaining. Got spanked on a a ZL1 motor and just could not bring myself to pay the Barrett fees and California taxes both on that Viking Blue CSX continuation car.

Was a lot of Shelby Mustangs at both Barrett and Russo & Steele.. seemed to saturate the auctions and bringing the median prices down.

The prices were way off at BJ this year for Shelbys, real and "continuation" (except that awful '67 Super Snake continuation that had the shill bidders jumping in but never met reserve) and even for the Mustangs of the past. Some great buys, but not a year to sell, too much supply, not enough demand.

Archived