TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Super Snake Strut Brace

Jack - I don't think there is a STB that will fit over the 3.6 unless "possibly" the engine is lowered.

R

I thought the flat aluminum "Super Snake" STB that Shelby was selling worked with a KB?

Are they even selling them anymore?

Phill

it worked on mine with a little bit of adjustment and fitting. To bad they don't have strut tower cap set for 2012 SS.

Please post pictures. I measured my current 2.8 set-up to the bottom of the STB and it appeared that when I install my 3.6, the brace will install, but there will be no room for engine movement without contact between the 3.6 and the bottom of the STB.

R

There is a guy in the GT500 section who has a 3.6L KB under a standard hood with a custom made strut brace. He's done a really nice job. The arms off the top of the struts go back towards the firewall and the brace runs between the rear of the blower and the firewall.

Really nicely made, I can build my own based on that design but would rather buy one off the shelf if something exists. I've got the rear stiffened up nicely but think the front end could really use that brace.

There is a guy in the GT500 section who has a 3.6L KB under a standard hood with a custom made strut brace. He's done a really nice job. The arms off the top of the struts go back towards the firewall and the brace runs between the rear of the blower and the firewall.

Really nicely made, I can build my own based on that design but would rather buy one off the shelf if something exists. I've got the rear stiffened up nicely but think the front end could really use that brace.

Can you please post the link of this? I havent seen this yet.....and I would like to see it since I have been looking for this part for a while to get installed in my SS with 3.6KB...

Thanks,

Jorge

Jack - I don't think there is a STB that will fit over the 3.6 unless "possibly" the engine is lowered.

R

I believe that the engine of my SS was lowered during the SS conversion...and I havent found any STB which still fits...

No go. There is about 25mm of clearance at the rear of the blower.

Fabricator says he can make a bracket up from flat bar as a "strap" but it wouldn't work...

My engine mounts I believe are modified for our right hand drive conversion - you might have more luck?

Archived