TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW CAR

1sgt

HAPPY NEW EVERYONE . OK now lets get down to what I need I lost my GT 350 TO SANDY but the good part I orded a 2014 GT 500 and sending her to SHELBY to make her a SS . What I would like to do is see her put together so I need so input how I can do it ??

As I was told, you can't hurry perfection and quality B)

I love SA as much as anyone, but 8 months to turn my SGT into a SGT/SC (01-2008 to 08-2008)? It was perfect when I got it back, though. I think of it like fine wine . . . when I got it back, it was aged to perfection!

Jim

Happy New Year to you too!

Good luck with your new Shelby... I agree with talking with Gary. He can help you better than anyone else.

Are you planning on doing the NY Auto show? So am I... Usually do 2 days.

I certainly will be there for my third year in a row. I usually do an afternoon and then the next morning.

Although this time I want to schedule days when most of the TS members are there. So, hopefully I'll

see you there this year.

-Tom

I am curious why you are not having SA build you another GT350, if you are comfortable sharing. I suspect you must have at least entertained that thought.

Jim

As simple as changing it up perhaps?

OK boy I plan on doing the show M to F . Gary and the boys have been great help to me and to tell you the truth I really don't care how long it takes because my GT 350 WAS A GREAT CAR and a great lost to me . I couldn't replace that car it wouldn't be the same . So I'm going with SS 620hp and I added watts link , interior scarlet red perforated , control arms and maybe transmisson cooler . But what I want is to go to the factory to see my car get built buy ford and I don't know how to do it so maybe I can get some input how or who to call ???

But what I want is to go to the factory to see my car get built buy ford and I don't know how to do it so maybe I can get some input how or who to call ???

Sounds like you are getting a great car, but as to the "build experience" at Flat Rock, I'm afraid Ford is light years behind Chevy on such things. One reason I waited a few years to get my GT350 ordered was that Ford had no way of taking you through the plant to watch the build. The Ford dealer just looked at me blankly and said he didn't think that was possible at all. So, instead, I went to Corvette. There you can go in person to watch your car get built (or they will do a full picture coffee table book of your car being built), you can even go to Wixom, Michigan and build the engine yourself (if a ZO6 or ZR1), and of course take delivery at the museum outside the plant in Kentucky. Then a few years later, this Sept., I went back to Ford and asked about it again as I was ready to order my GT350. Again a blank look, and not possible. Maybe there is someone you can call in Detroit and make it happen, but I always hit a brick wall when I asked the office. Anybody know how to make this happen?

but dealers (as a rule) have no pull with the factory.

You got that right, Ford doesn't even have an online build tracker to see where your car is in the sequence like Chevy does. My dealer said he found everything out after the fact, so don't call him to ask, he'd have to call me. Sad Ford has not stepped up their customer service to the 21st century.

I was going to the ZR1 but I went to the SAMA SHOW meet Gary and went nut's over the GT 350 and had some good friends take pictures of my GT350 . So I was thinking maybe see if I could get to see it at FORD ???? I can't belive that someone on the FORUM doesn't work at FLAT ROCK and could help us ???? All I could do is try and even that could be fun . You know it's all fun when SHELBY get's it's going to be more fun . So let's see if someone well help us ??

Flat Rock is an entirely different animal when compared to the Corvette's plant. The Mustang plant is a production assembly plant producing large numbers while the Corvette is a niche line plant producing small numbers.

I did get to watch mine getting made at certain points because it's a LONG process that you cannot follow the car down the line by walking with it.

OK boy I plan on doing the show M to F . Gary and the boys have been great help to me and to tell you the truth I really don't care how long it takes because my GT 350 WAS A GREAT CAR and a great lost to me . I couldn't replace that car it wouldn't be the same . So I'm going with SS 620hp and I added watts link , interior scarlet red perforated , control arms and maybe transmisson cooler . But what I want is to go to the factory to see my car get built buy ford and I don't know how to do it so maybe I can get some input how or who to call ???

Fantastic... Post up the days you will be there.

Dave316 has a friend that might be able to help. I know Dave got some awesome pics of his car being built in many stages. Send him a PM. Can't hurt...

"I love SA as much as anyone, but 8 months to turn my SGT into a SGT/SC (01-2008 to 08-2008)?"

This must be an aberration. I am on the East coast and thus nearer to TASCA. They took my Shelby GT to GT/SC in about 1 month.

And after 1 year I am totally satisfied. Hats of to Dennis Gomez and his crew at TASCA in Rhode Island.

Turn around time is a big part of customer service.

1-2 months for a SGT to SGT/SC or a GT350 conversion is acceptable. 7-8 months is not.

How long would you wait for the best turkey club or rueben sandwich you ever ate.

My point is that there is a limit to an acceptable time period.

You could be right . I have the time I like the men and women at SHELBY . When I was at the Rhode Show WHICH was a A great SHOW I went and check out TASCA and they didn't have the time or day for me . So I'm hope to get her in Sept or OCT . But I'm hopeing to see her put together and someone can help me get there ??

Archived