TEAM SHELBY FORUM

engine strut tower brace for 2011-12 Shelby GT500

Green Mojavi

Jer, any chance Shelby might bring us a strut tower brace for the 2011-12 GT500?

thanks Ben

We're working on a new design for strut tower braces, but anything with a blower and a stock hood is a unique problem, depending on the blower... I can't guarantee it.

Jer

Jer,

I am sure everyone would be willing to change the tube (resonator delete) if this helps out on the development/design. I would think that one similar to the original one used on 07-09 with the single bar that had the slight arch. the problem with the original one is it looks to plain. if it was made a bit fancier similar to the rear trunk tower brace i think it would work, maybe even a double bar that had the slight arch and maybe between it have SHELBY the same way the rear brace that way it could be a matching set.

Tom

Jer, thanks for the info.... however, seems to me at the 50th Bash, someone told me that someone in the shelby community had developed/designed a strut tower brace for the 2012 GT500, the even had one on a vehicle there.... and since when is Shelby stumped by a desighn issue!!?? :idea:

Thanks Ben

P.S. Does'nt Ford have one ??

I have the KR strut brace on mine. Granted it is a 2010 with the JLT intake but would a 2012 different clearance issues if they ran the resonator delete or say the JLT? With the stock hood it just barely rubbed the hood blanket, in just one spot ever so slightly, but if you have an SS hood there's a ton of room. So it will fit at least a 2010 with a stock hood with VERY minimal rubbing of the hood blanket. And the only reason it rubbed the hood blanket is because I raised the strut brace up with a spacer so it wouldn't touch the intake at all. With no spacer, it would slightly touch the top of the intake. But for people with an SS hood, I think this is a great strut brace.

007-3.jpg

I have the KR strut brace on mine. Granted it is a 2010 with the JLT intake but would a 2012 different clearance issues if they ran the resonator delete or say the JLT? With the stock hood it just barely rubbed the hood blanket, in just one spot ever so slightly, but if you have an SS hood there's a ton of room. So it will fit at least a 2010 with a stock hood with VERY minimal rubbing of the hood blanket. And the only reason it rubbed the hood blanket is because I raised the strut brace up with a spacer so it wouldn't touch the intake at all. With no spacer, it would slightly touch the top of the intake. But for people with an SS hood, I think this is a great strut brace.

Yes amigo but with the 3.6 KB blower is a different situation.....it doesnt fit!

20121024_184111_zps6ddece81.jpg

Archived