TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snow Snakes

Morgan19d

Hopefully this doesn't make any of you guys who completely baby your Shelbys have a heart attack...

I take care of my Shelby, but she is certainly no garage queen! My little girl Alexis loves going for rides in daddy's car and also loves the snow, so during a nice snow storm on Christmas Eve we took a little drive.

Shelbysnow3_zps606ae04d.jpg

Shelbysnow2_zpsfd2faa12.jpg

Shelbysnow4_zps75e75353.jpg

Shelbysnow_zps9536ef24.jpg

Shelbysnow1_zpscd77ad32.jpg

We got about another six inches since these pics and I must say the Pirelli PZero summer only tires are a lot of "fun" in the snow. I'll be moving to South Carolina in May, so not many more chances for this Shelby to ride in the white powder!

Enjoy!

Hopefully this doesn't make any of you guys who completely baby your Shelbys have a heart attack...

I take care of my Shelby, but she is certainly no garage queen! My little girl Alexis loves going for rides in daddy's car and also loves the snow, so during a nice snow storm on Christmas Eve we took a little drive.

We got about another six inches since these pics and I must say the Pirelli PZero summer only tires are a lot of "fun" in the snow. I'll be moving to South Carolina in May, so not many more chances for this Shelby to ride in the white powder!

Enjoy!

Enjoy!

gorgeous car

My boys love riding with the top down and to get picked up at school in it

Nice pics, except for that 'Bama hat on her head! :drop:

We love the best things in their fields. Shelby when it comes to cars and Bama when it comes to college football!!! I know everyone outside the SEC is hoping that Bama loses come the 7th, lol.

I also put the car seats in the back.. Hard to really get them to sit level though. Suggestions?

Her's isn't perfect, but having an adjustable back with a narrower base helps it fit into the groove a little better.

Her's isn't perfect, but having an adjustable back with a narrower base helps it fit into the groove a little better.

Morgan19d,

Not sure this Recaro ProSport booster seat would solve the level issue, but is sure would complement your Grabber Blue Shelby!

http://www.albeebaby.com/recaro-prosport-combination-booster-car-seat-blue-opal.html

Morgan19d,

Not sure this Recaro ProSport booster seat would solve the level issue, but is sure would complement your Grabber Blue Shelby!

http://www.albeebaby.com/recaro-prosport-combination-booster-car-seat-blue-opal.html

Good lord, that is what I call a car seat! That would absolutely complement my GTS!

Hah! A little snow can't stop a Mustang!

29b79db11c4a7f934954a500e58b0dd5.jpg

Bob, I can't really tell from the pic, but I presume those are winter tires on a rim that

resembles the black SGT ones (always nice on a black car). Back in the day I used

Blizzaks and 100lbs of sand in the back on my Fox mustang to get decent traction.

-Tom

Bob, I can't really tell from the pic, but I presume those are winter tires on a rim that

resembles the black SGT ones (always nice on a black car). Back in the day I used

Blizzaks and 100lbs of sand in the back on my Fox mustang to get decent traction.

-Tom

Tom, yes they are the Ford Racing / Shelby GT black wheels, with Michelin X-Ice tires mounted on them.

Cool!

(pardon the pun)

I take mine out in the snow too.

Re: Car seat...

Squashing a Britax Marathon down with the LATCH system leveled it. Now I have a lopsided Graco Turbo Booster. I'm trying to level it off with a couple of rolled up towels.

post-36722-0-38010900-1357101074_thumb.jpg

Cool!

(pardon the pun)

I take mine out in the snow too.

Re: Car seat...

Squashing a Britax Marathon down with the LATCH system leveled it. Now I have a lopsided Graco Turbo Booster. I'm trying to level it off with a couple of rolled up towels.

Same here for my 65' Fastback.. When my 2 kids were in car seats 6 years ago, I used rolled up towels to level them.

The Shelby Charger are (in)famous for rust, so, mine is forced to stay in the garage, AT LEAST until the next soaking rain, (@ temp WELL above freezing, so that no additional salt is being put down)! What I hear is they are very good in the snow, (front wheel drive), but, I DON'T plan on confirming that! Happy New Year!

So long as they don't use salt like it's going out of style (like they do here) then taking it out in the snow is no big deal since its no different than driving in the rain. Once the snow flies here the car goes away until the spring rains wash the winter salt away. My poor truck is testament to how quickly the salt here will rust a vehicle.

Beautiful car.

I wait until not only the snow and ice melts but also until the next rain to wash away any salt residue. They it take it out for a short spin for fresh gas and then back in to the garage until spring time. And I use Sta-Bil in the fuel tank.

OK, dedicated winter tires are nice.

I drove mine the other day to wash it on icy roads, my summer tires were awful for traction. I had to wash it because of splatter during compounding.

Cute kid in the picture BTW.

On a side note, what localities are still using salt on their roadways.

I though mag chloride was in vogue.

When the roads dry out around here, I take my Shelby out for a spin, if the temp is OK.

Archived