TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger Pulley cap

AzSideWinder

When we switched out the pulley on my Shelby we didn't realize this little plastic piece was a screw in piece of plastic ( X MARKS THE SPOT), we thought it pulled out, not twisted. Anyway this got damaged and now Im on the hunt for a new one, Ford does not sell this piece separately and it can only be obtained by buying a complete supercharger at least that's what Ive been told by my Ford dealer. Can anyone give any suggestions on how I can replace this??

cap2.jpg

cap2.jpg

I just swapped my pulley this week, so I am very familiar with the part you are talking about. At least in my car (2008 GT500), the "cap" looks exactally like one of those plastic "christmas tree" type push fasteners used to hold trim pieces in place. I'd bet you can find one that works at your local Pep-Boys or Auto Zone. Worst case, you can take the damaged one to your Ford parts desk...they probably have 100 of them in their inventory. Can't see it costing you more than $1.00 or $2.00.

Good Luck!

Ya I already talked to my Ford dealer they don't have them. I was hoping to find exactly the part somehow just because I'm sort of nutty like that. :)

I can relate to your "nuttyness" in wanting to keep the parts as close to stock as possible, however, I think you would be the only one who would know this cap was not stock.

I recall that someone (Metco, VMP,???) makes a billet cap to replace the stock plug/cap. Maybe another Team Shelby member has replaced his/hers with the billet part, and would be willing to send you the stock plastic part......just throwing that out there on your behalf.

Z-man

The stock one on my 08 screws out but IT IS a Christmas tree fastener. Head to your local auto parts place's miscellaneous hardware section.

Steve

Same as I remember when I swapped out pulley's on my stock blower. Check fitment from one of the fasteners on the hood or trunk liner.

The stock one is a "Christmas tree" style push plug that can be purchased at any good hardware or home improvement store. I have done a few Shelby supercharger swaps and Ford has used a couple of different plug types as far as the diameter of the head goes. The main thing is that you want the plug to fit the snout so that it won't come out. Best I can recall there isn't any part #s on the original plug.

Archived