TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'06, '07, '16 & '22 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites............(Updated: 4/17/24)

HERTZ II

You're missing the point. This is one of the hanful of manual transmission cars. It might not be 95K but it's certainly more than 25K.

I don't think I'm missing the point whatsoever. My car is one of the 17 manual transmissions so I fully comprehend :whistling:

QSS

Edited by QuickSilverShelby

• 2 weeks later...

Hertz II - Great resource your providing - anyway you can list some of the most recent sale prices. Thanks Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the kind words.

Typically the only time selling prices are revealed are in ebay auctions, and from the major auction houses (ex.. Barrett Jackson and Mecum). The bulk of the ads (95+%) listed on my post are from the “Craigs List”, “Cars.com”, “Autotrader.com” type ads (plus a whole host of other similar type sites) or from individual dealership’s ads and rarely do any of these sites list selling prices (if the car does sell).

You’ll notice that I do leave all Ebay auction links listed at least for 7-10 days AFTER they end so that the specific results (selling prices, RNM, ect) are easily viewable . The Barrett Jackson and Mecum type auction results are also listed alongside the active link. So……any car that sells through an auction that's listed here will have the selling price (if available) next to the link for a week, often longer.

Lastly, the list of cars shown at the bottom of the page, as the heading describes, are cars that were on the list sometime in the past but whose links are no longer active. I don’t display the selling price of those that sold because without the original working link that would define the car……description, condition, mileage, modifications, ect…….the price paid would be misleading. It may be argued that collectively, over time, the $’s paid could define trends. But I believe those trends would lack credibility without having the car’s descriptions weighing in.

Dick

Edited by HERTZ II

Thanks for the reply, Dick.

I'm now the new proud owner of 07H380. It's on a trailer as we speak making it's way to NJ from CA. Can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Do you know of any Shelby clubs around central/northern NJ? Thanks Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your post here is absolutely balls on correct. Unfortunately everyone on this site is not up to speed in this regard. Tell the guys who post in the GT500KR section about completed listing prices and they will cut loose with every personal insult imaginable and have a raft of idiotic reasons why Ebay sales don't matter.

Why is it so important to you to degrade the KR guys and make sure everyone knows you thinks their cars are worth very little? And basing your values pretty much entirely on ebay sales. It's time to get off this kick you have where you seem to put down others if they don't agree with you about values.

Edited by 05mustangman

• 2 months later...

Saw this in the September 2015 issue of the DuPont Registry. For Sale a 2006 GT-H # 350. Seller says " comes with every piece of documentation available ". Floor mats and car cover with under 7,700 miles.

Selling price $34,000 727-366-2692

Just got an e-mail regarding the auction for #002 GT-H:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2006-SHELBY-GT-H-CSM-002-186009

For the GTH enthusiasts, please take a look at the brake calipers. Since some refuse to listen perhaps the auction photo will help.

Steve

Very interested on 002 sale. QSS, I hope you get it!!! Without the Ron Pratte hype, perhaps this one will be reasonable? No reserve, but that doesn't mean much to me with all the shills....

Well, it (002) is a Saturday night vehicle so they have higher expectations. Second, it is one of the manual transmission cars, and since few have been sold it's going to be hard to gauge, but I'll bet this one goes closer to 100K than 35K.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Well, it (002) is a Saturday night vehicle so they have higher expectations. Second, it is one of the manual transmission cars, and since few have been sold it's going to be hard to gauge, but I'll bet this one goes closer to 100K than 35K.

Hell, if it was going for 35K, I would give 40K just so I could win the bid. :) That said, I assume it will be 100K or just north of 100K

Edited by H0050

For the GTH enthusiasts, please take a look at the brake calipers. Since some refuse to listen perhaps the auction photo will help.

Steve

Sorry to start it over again but my calipers came painted black. I was there when the Hertz excutive received the GT H. I bought it from him and it's all original. It looks like some were painted while others were not.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to start it over again but my calipers came painted black. I was there when the Hertz excutive received the GT H. I bought it from him and it's all original. It looks like some were painted while others were not.

Notice the pictures on 06H0088 that is for sale. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT-HERTZ-/172021617918?hash=item280d4994fe Looks like it's calipers were also painted. By whom is the mystery.

Edited by H0050

Notice the pictures on 06H0088 that is for sale. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT-HERTZ-/172021617918?hash=item280d4994fe Looks like it's calipers were also painted. By whom is the mystery.

#88 was a Colorado car and one of the 6 that were at the 2006 Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up that I have pictures of. So maybe that leads to some of the unknown story yet of individual Hertz locations being told to spray them when they came off the trucks? I don't know. Just weird. I think it may always remain a mystery until we hear from somebody that actually held the can that sprayed the paint. There was clearly some directive somewhere to do so in the post production process after SAI apparently. That one picture shows it really well. You can tell that they were sprayed as a complete assembly (probably on the car) as the pads and everything are painted with the same crappy paint that is peeling. That is exactly what mine looked like.

Edited by JeffJ

#88 was a Colorado car and one of the 6 that were at the 2006 Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up that I have pictures of. So maybe that leads to some of the unknown story yet of individual Hertz locations being told to spray them when they came off the trucks? I don't know. Just weird. I think it may always remain a mystery until we hear from somebody that actually held the can that sprayed the paint. There was clearly some directive somewhere to do so in the post production process after SAI apparently. That one picture shows it really well. You can tell that they were sprayed as a complete assembly (probably on the car) as the pads and everything are painted with the same crappy paint that is peeling. That is exactly what mine looked like.

Two items that are catching my eye. First the inside of the rims are way too clean for a car with 16k miles, where's all the brake dust? Second where is the locking wheel lug nuts? Hertz ordered the locking wheel lug option for all the 2006 cars.

Also Hertz sold this car in December of 2006 but the current owner didn't purchase it until December of 2007. Where did this car sit for a year?

It appears that someone has done some "detailing" to the car other than the mentioned repainted bumpers.

Steve

The dealer paid over $60,000 for it? That seems really high...

Good point.

$60k is around what dealers where selling these cars for back then. What dealer would pay $61.5k and then sit on the car for a full year?

And if the dealer paid $61.5k for the car what did the buyer pay the dealer for the car?

Perhaps there's something we're not thinking of.

Steve

The dealer paid over $60,000 for it? That seems really high...

Not at the time. This was one of the early cars sold by Hertz. The first few batches in late 2006 in this area sold at an average of $55-$65K at the dealer auctions. I'm pretty sure that Brighton Ford had this one, along with #100 which I rented and really wanted at the time, but they paid $58K at auction for it. The first few were selling to the public for $75K plus at the time.

Man Steve, you are really going to stick with this non belief that any of these cars had spray painted calipers as rental cars aren't you? I have pictures of many as rental cars (including above referenced car) with painted calipers when they were rentals. I don't know who did it, but somebody did. I'll take it for a fact that nobody at SAI did, but somebody did. Here's #100 rented by me in June 2006. I was the first renter. Notice the temp tag in the rear window. They rented it to me before they even plated it. They never do that.

Shelby_021.jpg

All rental cars at the 2006 Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up, all had painted calipers as we were discussing how crappy the paint was that very day as there was over spray in the wheel wells on the rotors. We just blew it off as a last minute thing which was done at the time. I'm pretty sure it was #88 in the middle below. #100 on the right with the temp tag. I actually won a trophy as I hand polished mine multiple times (yes, as a rental car) I even trailered it to Steamboat Springs from Denver to keep it clean.

Shelby_016.jpg

Edited by JeffJ

Hey Guys..........

I can't add anything to the painted caliper mystery but locking lug nuts may have been removed just to make tire changing/rotation easier.

I can tell you where the car was from the auction sale in Dec 2006 to the current owner's purchase in Nov 2007. Brighton Ford (Brighton, CO.) purchased it at auction and had it for sale at their dealership until it was purchased in Nov 2007.

• HERTZ II changed the title to '06, '07 & '16 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites (Updated: 9/6/20)
  • HERTZ II changed the title to '06, '07, '16 & '22 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites............(Updated: 4/17/24)
  • JeffIsHereToo pinned this topic