TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'06, '07, '16 & '22 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites............(Updated: 4/17/24)

HERTZ II

Not really a "LOT" of miles - I'd say it looks pretty clean in the photos, but you can never quite tell from photos. You guys all should realize that there is a lot of early maintenance needed on these rental cars. At 44K, I've now got a fresh new braking system (pads, rotors, lines, MC), upgraded GT500 LCAs (the stock ones are crap), Tie rods, adjustable rear panhard bar (to center the axle), replaced all the fluids including transmission, and a load of alignment work needed from the factory installation. Lower mileage cars cost more to buy, and they cost more to maintain if nothing has yet been done since they were new.

Edited by ITHERTZ66

• 2 weeks later...

NEWS RELEASE

Contact: Scott Black | TPRM | 214-520-3434 | sblack@tprm.com

PLANET SHELBY COBRA TO AUCTION SHELBY AMERICAN OWNED SHELBY GT-H AT BARRETT-JACKSON AUCTION IN RENO

RENO, Nev. – June 12, 2014 Planet Shelby Cobra will auction one of the few 2006 Shelby GT-H coupes (CSM06H371) owned and used by Shelby American at no reserve during the Barrett-Jackson Hot August Nights auction in Reno, Nevada, which runs July 31-August 2. Documented by the Shelby factory, used frequently by Carroll Shelby and his executives for the past 6 years and with only 500 built, the GT-H coupe is highly collectible and an exciting piece of American history.

“The Shelby GT-H is a powerful performance vehicle,” said Stephen Becker, president of Planet Shelby Cobra. “Its black exterior is set off with gold ‘Le Mans’ dual racing stripes and ‘Shelby GT-H’ rocker stripes. Ford Racing Performance Group’s Power Pack really kicks up the V-8/five-speed automatic transmission powertrain. It’s no wonder that Carroll Shelby and his team loved driving this former ‘rent-a-racer’.”

The Shelby is fitted with a unique front fascia with integrated lower grille, as well as a set of body side scoops. It features the Ford Racing Handling Pack, plus a 3.55:1 ratio rear axle assembly for extra off-the-line acceleration.

The coupe is not only a powerful vehicle, but a star-powered piece of American history as well. The car was frequently used by Carroll Shelby and all of the Shelby executives while it was owned by the company. It was also part of the Hertz program which put high-performance, special-edition Shelbys into the hands of enthusiast-minded rental customers.

“The Shelby GT-H Mustang coupe played a key role in American performance vehicle history,” said Gary Patterson, vice president of sales and marketing for Shelby American. “Offering Shelby small block coupes led to the development of the Shelby GT program. With its direct relation to Carroll Shelby, this car has real star-power.”

The Shelby GT-H Mustang coupe will be auctioned at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction, which will be held at the Reno Sparks Convention Center in Reno, Nevada. The car is in original, survivor condition.

About Planet Shelby Cobra
Planet Shelby Cobra is the most trusted resource for buying and selling genuine Shelbys today. In the business for over 30 years, experts at Planet Shelby Cobra have access to unlimited contacts, databases and insider information that can help enthusiasts buy or sell a Shelby Cobra or vintage Shelby Mustang at the best possible price. Led by Stephen Becker, a well-known and respected Shelby expert, Planet Shelby Cobra offers premium customer service, unmatched experience and historically correct documentation for each vehicle sold. More information is available at www.planetshelbycobra.com.

###

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Dan and congrats on your purchase of 06H139 at least I think it's the coupe. If you don't know already this forum is chocked filled with info on our cars.

So now post up some pics and a little story as how you purchased #139. Also what region you live in so the state directors can lead you

to some great events this year of the Mustang.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've occasionally noticed GT-H cars listed for sale on the internet but didn't see them on your list. Curious.......is there a reason or simply an oversight?

The short answer is oversight. Each week, as I search the internet for newly listed GT-Hs for my list, and given the large number of ads I go through, I'm sure I occasionally miss one. But since those internet ads are typically posted for a minimum of a couple months, I'd certainly run across it during my next search.

The long answer is yes, I do "screen" the ads. Hard as it may be to believe, I've run across some ads where the seller appears not to have a clue what he's talking about and the resulting ad is confusing, is filled with mis-information and is misleading or the website messed up the ad. Examples of this is an ad's title says "2006 Shelby GT-H" yet the photos are of a black Mustang convertible and the description and vin are wrong for a GT-H. I've also seen ads where the title says "2007 Shelby GT-H" yet the photo is of a coupe, with description and vin reflecting a Shelby GT. Regardless of who is responsible for a messed up ad (seller or website), I choose not to promote this level of incompetence by placing it on my list.

I've also chosen not to promote what appear to be "less than legitimate" ads. I've seen a couple where the ad's title says "2006 Shelby GT-H" and includes only 1 or 2 fuzzy, out of focus photos. The description is nothing more than an excerpt straight out of any GT-H related magazine article......starting out "Ford, Shelby and Hertz got together to pay honor to the 1966 Shelby GT350H and created....yadda, yadda, yadda". It'll include the comment "excellent condition, low mileage" but no actual mileage is given and there is no vin or csm number included. The only way to make contact with the "seller" is through the website. If there is a phone number listed, it goes directly to voicemail. (I tried calling one of these numbers once, left a message that I was interested in the car but never got a callback. The ad stated the car was located in NYS but the phone number area code was Texas) Oh, and did I mention the $6000 or $10000 price tag along with the "got to sell" comment. All this puts a cloud of uncertainty over the ad and why I choose to ignore it.

Hope this answers your question.

Edited by HERTZ II

The short answer is oversight. Each week, as I search the internet for newly listed GT-Hs for my list, and given the large number of ads I go through, I'm sure I occasionally miss one. But since those internet ads are typically posted for a minimum of a couple months, I'd certainly run across it during my next search.

The long answer is yes, I do "screen" the ads. Hard as it may be to believe, I've run across some ads where the seller appears not to have a clue what he's talking about and the resulting ad is confusing, is filled with mis-information and is misleading or the website messed up the ad. Examples of this is an ad's title says "2006 Shelby GT-H" yet the photos are of a black Mustang convertible and the description and vin are wrong for a GT-H. I've also seen ads where the title says "2007 Shelby GT-H" yet the photo is of a coupe, with description and vin reflecting a Shelby GT. Regardless of who is responsible for a messed up ad (seller or website), I choose not to promote this level of incompetence by placing it on my list.

I've also chosen not to promote what appear to be "less than legitimate" ads. I've seen a couple where the ad's title says "2006 Shelby GT-H" and includes only 1 or 2 fuzzy, out of focus photos. The description is nothing more than an excerpt straight out of any GT-H related magazine article......starting out "Ford, Shelby and Hertz got together to pay honor to the 1966 Shelby GT350H and created....yadda, yadda, yadda". It'll include the comment "excellent condition, low mileage" but no actual mileage is given and there is no vin or csm number included. The only way to make contact with the "seller" is through the website. If there is a phone number listed, it goes directly to voicemail. (I tried calling one of these numbers once, left a message that I was interested in the car but never got a callback. The ad stated the car was located in NYS but the phone number area code was Texas) Oh, and did I mention the $6000 or $10000 price tag along with the "got to sell" comment. All this puts a cloud of uncertainty over the ad and why I choose to ignore it.

Hope this answers your question.

Nice follow-up. And so true with many ads. Some have so many red flags.

• 1 month later...

Do you recall how much and where? Ebay? The car is listed again on Ebay.

Here's what I've been able to find..

06h178 has been at Crosspointe Autoplex for a while, appearing on cars .com in June for $28777.00 w/31744 miles.

Prior to that, it was on Ebay in March 2014 for BIN $26917.00 w/29723 miles. (per TS forum posts, the car initially sold in Jan but then the deal didn't happen. It was advertised again and sold in April)

Jan 2014..Ebay . Winning bid $27324.00?? w/29k miles.

The only other appearance of this car on the market (that I have record of) was in the Nov 2011 time frame. At that time it was being offered F/S at $55K. This ad stated the car spent it's first 4 years in a showroom.

The seller of the car this spring stated in his ad's description that all original parts that were replaced (ex. rear spoiler, valve covers, tail/brake light wiring harness, wheels and tires) were available with the car as was "85% of the documentation". I don't see any reference in the current ad that replaced parts and documentation are being included with sale.

Hope this helps

Edited by HERTZ II

Jeff- you da man! This says it all and I do remember this ad. I wonder if the "kid" did what he wanted to hence no pics of the engine bay in the ad. At this point, I am steering clear until the seller shows more of the goods. Thanks guys including HERTZ II.

Interesting commentary about the value-- $22-25K for a quick sale.

That was also earlier this year. Interesting to see that Shelby GT and GT-H values have actually increased so far during this year. Two years ago, you could have got a GT-H vert for around 24-25K, now they are all back up around 30K+. Coupes have also been in this area. Did they bottom out in the low 20's and now may remain constant or increase? Hard to say, but as of right now, this seems like a screaming deal to me at 21K. My finger is even itchy, but I can't right now as I'm buying a new diesel truck and am looking at one of the X Miller school cars.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

HERTZ II

Congratulations on your "GT-H For Sale" list's 2 year anniversary. We all appreciate your effort. :xlbirthday:

I have too agree. You've done a wonderful job keeping up with the listings. Every time I look at 07H0050 and see it available, I consider the book end. To that end, thanks. Prices seem to be varied.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a 2007 GT-H vert for sale?

Also what is the going price for one in excellent condition and mileage between 15k - 20k?

Thanks JM

Jeff,

Did you look through the 15 07's listed on page 1 of this thread? Each one has a link to it's current web ad.

not good seeing this many For Sale and I think the new 2015 is hurting the sales of these... people can get a great car with these Shelby GT's

my 2008 GT/SC is almost perfect and could never see any reason to sell it! The 08 body style is great, the Vista Blue is a great Blue color, over 500hp, perfect suspension, big brakes stop anything, great interior, and A/C! I almost forgot... lol and its a Shelby built at SAI

• HERTZ II changed the title to '06, '07 & '16 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites (Updated: 9/6/20)
  • HERTZ II changed the title to '06, '07, '16 & '22 GT-Hs Currently For Sale On Various Websites............(Updated: 4/17/24)
  • JeffIsHereToo pinned this topic