TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruisin' Songs riding in your Shelby

joebob948

Just wondering what your favorite play list would consist of when taking the Shelby out for a countryside cruise. My list would include:

Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix

Rockin in the Free World - Neil Young

Gorilla Radio - Rage Against the Machine

Run To the Hills - Iron Maiden

Stranglehold - Ted Nugent

Absolute Zero - Stone Sour

Asylum - Disturbed

When the Music's Over - Doors

I Get Off - Halestorm

Watch the World Burn - Trivium

Disposable Teens - Marilyn Manson

Inside the Fire - Disturbed

This is Absolution - Killswitch Engage

Scream, Aim, Fire - Bullet for My Valentine

Put Sirius on 6 and relive the muscle car era. Main street in our midwest town is a mile long=Saturday nights it was alive and rumbled with the muscle cars of the late 60s "dragging main." Then of course headed to the local drive in theatre-then to the lake for the rest of the all night party! That was the summer-winter in South Dakota was a different story!

What I do is select all my favorite artists (some listed above), add them to Pandora, then play using "quickmix". That takes care of it!

I have a great deal of playlists for cruising, this is the road trip list.

1 Born to Wander... Rare Earth

2 Won't Get Fooled- Again The Who

3 Hush- Deep Purple

4 Sultans Of Swing- Dire Straits

5 Just Got Back from Baby's- Blues ZZ Top

6 On the Road Again - Canned Heat

7 Done Somebody Wrong (Live) - The Allman Brothers Band

8 A Fool For Your Stockings -Deguello ZZ Top

9 One Way - The Allman Brothers Band

10 Take Me in Your Arms - The Doobie Brothers

11 Magic Carpet Ride (remix) - The Crystal Method

12 Just Got Paid 4:29 - ZZ Top

13 Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

14 Brown Sugar - One Foot in the Blues ZZ Top

15 Long Train Runnin' 3:- The Doobie Brothers

16 Midnight Rider - The Allman Brothers Band

17 Milk Cow Blues 5:41 Aerosmith

18 Waitin' for the Bus - ZZ Top

19 Jesus Just Left Chicago - ZZ Top

20 Good Times Bad Times - Led Zeppelin

21 I just want to celebrate 3:39 Rare Earth

22 Some Kind Of Wonderful - Grand Funk Railroad

23 Going Down For The Last Time

24 Going Up The Country – Canned Heat

25 Groove Line – Heatwave

26 Locomotive Breath – Jethro Tull

27 Roadhouse Blues – The Doors

28 My Head’s in Mississippi – ZZ Top

Got a fast blues playlist on my iPhone; Stevie Ray, Coco Montoya, Tommy Castro, Buddy Whittington, Clapton, Bluesbreakers, Debbie Davies,

Tower of Power, AWB, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Jonny Lang, Allman Brothers, Gary Moore, ZZ Top, Skynyrd. Works for me!

Got a fast blues playlist on my iPhone; Stevie Ray, Coco Montoya, Tommy Castro, Buddy Whittington, Clapton, Bluesbreakers, Debbie Davies,

Tower of Power, AWB, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Jonny Lang, Allman Brothers, Gary Moore, ZZ Top, Skynyrd. Works for me!

Great list. We live and breath blues down here. You need to come down to our Tall City Blues Fest in July. We have a great three days playing and getting together, it'd be good to have another Shelby here. :-)

A few…

The Hollies - Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress
The Eagles – Witchy Woman
Mountain – Mississippi Queen
Santana – Black Magic Woman
CCR – Up Around the Bend
Fleetwood Mac – Gypsy
Foghat, BTO, Doobie Brothers, Bad Company, Crosby S&N, Foreigner, etc… the list goes on.

The favorite albums I have for riding in my '68 GT500KR are the Beach Boys "Endless Summer", the Cream "Disraeli Gears", and the Rolling Stones "High Tides and Green Grass", all 8-track tapes played on my original AM/8-track player :happy feet:

Guess when I get my 2013 GT350, I will need some new tunes???? :hysterical:

Turn up the shaker 1000 to any music by Queen but this has to be at the top of the list.

Good, BUT, Tie your Mother Down and Keep Yourself Alive are the BEST Queen songs EVER! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I also enjoy listening to Kenny Wayne Shepherd and , Janis Joplin and Robin Trower!!!!!!!!!

Trower's Live album done in Scandinavia in 74 or 75, Too Rolling Stoned, Alathea, Little Bit of Sympathy, This is one of the top 10 live albums EVER!!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Also, Procol Harum , Whiskey Train is KILLER! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Great list. We live and breath blues down here. You need to come down to our Tall City Blues Fest in July. We have a great three days playing and getting together, it'd be good to have another Shelby here. :-)

Oops, Forgot Johnny Winter! What's Texas blues without Mean Town Blues? Johnny's version of Jumpin' Jack Flash from Johnny Winter And LIVE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST EVER!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Good, BUT, Tie your Mother Down and Keep Yourself Alive are the BEST Queen songs EVER! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Definitly in my top 5. But for drowning out the neighboring cars that have the bass too low and loud and other garbage music blaring nothing seems to work out better than I want it all at full blast.

Of course if I really want to drown out and mess with the neighboring cars, music from DragonForce will work.

A calmer balad..

True, they are both in my top 5.

But for drowning out the cars that are blasting their bass and other garbage coming from the radios I want it now seems to work the best.

of course if I want to really mess with their ears music from DragonForce does a good job.

or just for cruzin....

It depends on my mood;

AC-DC Iron Man 2 soundtrack is a great album,

Deep Purple, Purple Rainbows album,

The best air guitar album in the world, ever! (The actual album name),

All great for when I want to rock out..

When I want to mess with the heads of the ricers I can drown them out with some Pitbull, Flo rida, Afrojack, Swedish House Mafia or Zedd.

inevitabley at the car wash someone always comes over to ask what's playing and to see my system. It's usually always blues....Johnny Winter has a great blues album out, and so does, believe it or not, the old doo-whopper DION has 3 very nice blues albums out and everyone is surprised when they ask and I say, oh, it's DION.

Smokin' Joe Kuebek and Bnois King are great in the car as well.

It most certainly depends on my mood. When I'm feeling nostalgic I'll put on the American Graffiti soundtrack.

When I'm in a raucous mood, most anything from Reverend Horton Heat or Brian Setzer.

Then, when I want some real country (not that Nashville crap) I'll crank out some Cash, Hank I/III, Waylon or Dale Watson.

Archived