TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Splitter

mikejaeggi

I had the dealer leave off the front splitter when I picked up my 2013 Shelby last week as I was worried about scraping the entrance to my driveway. i think i'd be OK if I put it on, for those who have it installed, any issues with scraping? how much longer is it than the standard lip? if anyone has a close up photo, I'd like to see what it looks like installed as well, thanks

I traded a stock height 2008 GT500 for mine, and i don't have the front splitter installed. I clear lots of parking lot entrances that my 08 used to rub. Also, the parking garage concrete strips my old one used to hit, the new one clears by 1/2". How much clearance do you lose by adding the front splitter?

A solution is to purchase driveway rubber curb blocks and install.

Might work for my house but then I could not get into most every other driveway/parking lot entrance around here. They like to plaster layer upon layer of asphalt around here until the road surface is 12" higher than the gutters.

My stock front splitter ground clearance was 5" & scrapped everywhere! I replaced my 265/40x19 GY's with 285/40x19 Michelin PSS's & now have 6" clearance. MUCH less scrapping!

The MPSS specs say that I should have only 0.3" extra clearance. I can't explain the 1" gain, but replacing my rear 285/35x20 GY's with 295/35x20 MPSS's may have contributed. I do have MUCH better traction now, but it cost $1800 & is worth it!

I traded a stock height 2008 GT500 for mine, and i don't have the front splitter installed. I clear lots of parking lot entrances that my 08 used to rub. Also, the parking garage concrete strips my old one used to hit, the new one clears by 1/2". How much clearance do you lose by adding the front splitter?

+1 I left my splitter off as well and I have yet to scrape anything. My '08 was scraping just about everything!

I'm ready to remove mine. Scrapes on everything. I really don't see myself going 200 mph so for me it serves no purpose.

Yeah. Mine scrapes on my driveway every time I pull in or out. Other than the "look", I see no purpose for the new splitter on a DD. I'm thinking about removing mine as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I added it to my 2010 and I like the look. I've put about 800 miles on the car since I added the 2013 splitter and I've noticed more stability when cruising *above* highway speeds. My car is a daily driver and I clear my driveway, however I've scrapped a couple times around town

I told the dealer not to install it. It's in a box in my garage, awaiting that scenario in which I'll need to do 200mph.

same here, I decided to leave it off based on the majority of responses being "it scrapes everything". I think it would look cool but not if it's all shredded.

Archived