TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Received SS window scoops for a 12, open inlets and screen or leave closed and paint?

Opinions wanted, should I open the inlets and outlets and epoxy screen in or just leave closed? It on a black 2012 gt500.

I partial to at least opening up the inlet, mixed on small back outlet.

Regards db

I'm considering opening up my inlets and putting a screen or grille in.

Either that or make a 'faux' inlet screen, which is also a strong possibility. Leaving it open is inviting crap to collect inside of the scoop IMO.

Either way, it'll beat the hell out of the black vinyl decals Shelby supplies with their scoop inletss!

Phill

You might also want to post on the GT500 part of the forum, since most of us here are GT350 owners.

And probably even more specific, the GT500 Super Snake section!

But don't the GT350's have a quarter window scoop option or is it just louvers and blanks that they offer?

Phill

Just saying here ,,please remember ,if you open them both up ,, too much air going in the inlet ,which is a bigger opening and forcing the air out the back smaller opening,, may cause it / the scoop to rip off or pull lose ,, I have thought about doing the same with the side window scoops , 3M - double side tape is good ,,but I worry that at high speeds / highway / interstate driving ,and with rain water / buggs ,dirt ,etc , would it be a good idea to cut out the openings ,, just something to think about maybe .

Archived