TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Santa came early

rhlgt500

Apparently he delivers the big stuff a couple days early and now accepts 2011 GT500s as trade in:)

post-28788-0-47351000-1356402619_thumb.jpeg

Picture is off of Hwy 1 on my drive home from the dealership. I purchased the car Sat. from James Ford in Half Moon Bay, California. Service department was open today so I took it back in to have a rattling PCM tightened down, pick up the cover from the parts department, and have the splitter installed. All options except the glass roof.

Initial impressions after coming from the '11 are that the '13 shifts better, the clutch is different enough that it screwed my timing up initially but I think I'll end up liking the clutch better as it seems easier to modulate overall. The 13 seems a bit tamer with the higher axle ratio and the suspension set to soft. But then I'm still in break in mode and it has been too wet out here to really play. I am thinking about throwing in a higher rear end ratio at some point as I sort of miss breaking the rear end loose on the highway.

Thanks, Now I need figure out why the forum attachment thing shrunk the picture to sub-mini size. Guess I'll have to do links.

If you post a picture using the embed option it shows as a thumbnail - click on it and it's gorgeous !!!

If you want a full sized image "in line" put your pic on Photobucket or similar and use a link. That is what I do.

P.S. Excellent photo on a great setting!

Nice present. Heres some instructions for using Photobucket.

If you want to post lots of big photos and not exceed the site limit and help keep the CPU usage down and conserve the site Bytes, then follow these few simple instructions to get going on Photo bucket so you can post as many photos as your heart desires.

1st. Go to this link and set up a account. It is quick and easy.

http://photobucket.com/

2nd.

Go to the area called "Albums and Upload".

3rd.

Click on the "browse" button and find the photo on your computer that you want to download and then click on that photo and then click "Upload".

4th.

The photo will then "Upload" and pop into the bottom of the page. Scroll down there and click a check mark in the box telling it that you have chosen it.

5th.

Then click the button at the bottom of the page that says " Generate HTML and IMG Code".

6th.

Then you will see the photo codes in 2 areas that you can use. one is "IMG Thumbnails for message boards" and the other one is "IMG images for message boards". Highlight one of the codes in those boxs and use your mouse to do the copy function. You can do one at a time or as many as you want.

7th.

Go to your Team Shelby post and paste the IMG code into the big white box that you would normally type a post into.

That's it. After you do it once or twice, you will have it down quick. Note that the Thumbnail selection is going to give you a smaller photo and the Image selection will give you a big photo in your post. If you need any help, let me know and I will give you a hand.

This will really help our site run quicker and faster if you are a photo poster lover like me.

Congratulations! Car looks great. The suspension is too soft?

Thanks all and Merry Christmas everyone.

Acutally like the suspension better so far. "normal mode" takes the edge off of bumps that I really felt in the '11. A definite improvement and one of the things that tipped me to a '13 rather than just doing a power adder on the '11.

First time I had seen this color combo too. The dealer had 4 '13s to choose from on the lot. Blue with white stipes, black no strips, blue no stripes, and this one. I had stripe envy as my '11 didn't have them so the no strip blue and black were out of the running right away. The interior really tipped me to the silver with blue stripe. Just liked the subtle way (well for a Shelby GT500) the blue Cobra showed on the Recaro seats.

I'm sure the power will be fine:) Just need to get used to the new feel and get the car broken in. Sort of in the middle of a Jeep Wrangler build right now so the GT500 is staying stock for few months anyway.

Apparently he delivers the big stuff a couple days early and now accepts 2011 GT500s as trade in:)

post-28788-0-47351000-1356402619_thumb.jpeg

Picture is off of Hwy 1 on my drive home from the dealership. I purchased the car Sat. from James Ford in Half Moon Bay, California. Service department was open today so I took it back in to have a rattling PCM tightened down, pick up the cover from the parts department, and have the splitter installed. All options except the glass roof.

Initial impressions after coming from the '11 are that the '13 shifts better, the clutch is different enough that it screwed my timing up initially but I think I'll end up liking the clutch better as it seems easier to modulate overall. The 13 seems a bit tamer with the higher axle ratio and the suspension set to soft. But then I'm still in break in mode and it has been too wet out here to really play. I am thinking about throwing in a higher rear end ratio at some point as I sort of miss breaking the rear end loose on the highway.

Awesome car...congrats and enjoy..keep the rubber side down...............I agree I drove a 013 and I posted that this car needs at least 3.55's and would even be better

with 3.73's...I agree the car feels to tame with the tranny gearing and the 3.31's...who the heck needs a car thats geared to go 200mph but gives up the liveliness

on the bottom end...plus with 3.73's the car would still probably still be in the 170 + mph..JMO

Archived