TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Torque Arm vs. UCA

Kevin Patten

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Santa going to bring you a torque arm for Christmas ?

It was on my wish list - we'll see. :)

My poor GT500 has been stuck in a storage facility while garage is full of furniture during a home remodel. Looking forward to bringing her back home in the next week and getting back to the track very soon.

Albino, it has been awhile since I've seen this thread. I have the CorteX TA, Watts Link, LCA and LCA Brackets installed on my car now. I went with the track version with spherical bearings throughout. NVH for these mods is minor in my opinion. The only trait that I consider harsh is the TA transmits a thump to the underside of the tunnel when the ring and pinion are floating back and forth on the backlash of the gears set while transitioning ON/OFF the throttle at cruise conditions.

Now how does it plant the tires coming off a corner exit? Beautifully. The grip increase is amazing compared to the LCA/UCA set up. You will be able to get in the throttle much sooner and deeper at corner exit to be able carry a higher exit speed. If you hit a bump in the middle of the corner that is transitioning from uphill on entry to downhill on exit, the car doesn't lose all of the rear bite like it did with the LCA/UCA system. You will be very happy with this mod

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived