TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California DMV Legacy License plate program, Black, Blue, Yellow

Cali_KR

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I gotta come up with a new plate for my new Ferd. I'm thinking HELLFRZ since I actually bought a four cylinder, four door, plug in hybrid. Just got my carpool lane stickers today!!!

007_zpsd337b352.jpg

You have to have a car pool sticker to drive in the diamond lane?

Andy,

Place the stickers on the Boss and you'd be at work in 12 minutes... :shift:

PS: Congrats on another great Blue Oval product!

Thanks Jim! Yes, I'm trying to amass a fleet of Fords. So far I have 4. My dad's got me beat with 8! :drop:

Did not know you can get one to drive solo. So far Monterey traffic has not expanded to require this.

Consider yourself lucky Harald. 101 through San Jose and Santa Clara is no picnic. But it is with the stickers! Friday evening was the only day where it was only marginally better but that was later and a ton of travelers were fleeing the Bay Area. So far I'm on track to hit 1000 miles before refilling the 14 GAL tank! And yes, that's 100 MPG- but it doesn't take into account the electricity I've been putting into it. All told I'm likely getting around 40 MPG if you priced the electricity like you would gas. And the electricity I'm buying at work is probably about 2 times what I'd pay at home for it.

100MPG_zps457ddb5a.jpg

Consider yourself lucky Harald. 101 through San Jose and Santa Clara is no picnic. But it is with the stickers! Friday evening was the only day where it was only marginally better but that was later and a ton of travelers were fleeing the Bay Area. So far I'm on track to hit 1000 miles before refilling the 14 GAL tank! And yes, that's 100 MPG- but it doesn't take into account the electricity I've been putting into it. All told I'm likely getting around 40 MPG if you priced the electricity like you would gas. And the electricity I'm buying at work is probably about 2 times what I'd pay at home for it.

100MPG_zps457ddb5a.jpg

Some day there will be a ECO boost Shelby

Some day there will be a ECO boost Shelby

It will probably be a LOT sooner than you think.

As in, next year!

Phill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

With only one week left for pre-orders, here are the latest numbers

Yellow = 2328

Black =. 13047

Blue =. 1914

Funny thing is even though that many were ordered for the black, each one of us will have a one-off! LOL Any idea when we will be able to take delivery of these?

• 4 months later...

Bumping this thread...

I called the DMV today about my personalized legacy plates and they referred me to the Legacy License Plates FAQs:

Q2: When should I expect to receive the 1960’s plates I have pre-ordered?

A: Expect issuance in the late spring through summer 2015. Allow additional time for personalized plates.
I was hoping to have my license plates for the Monterey Motorsports Reunion in August, but I'm not so sure now :(

With all of the time that has passed, it's easy to forget that we even ordered them...

Can't agree more that the black & gold plates will look absolutely at home on the GT-H <thumbs up>

Bumping this thread...

I called the DMV today about my personalized legacy plates and they referred me to the Legacy License Plates FAQs:

Q2: When should I expect to receive the 1960’s plates I have pre-ordered?

A: Expect issuance in the late spring through summer 2015. Allow additional time for personalized plates.
I was hoping to have my license plates for the Monterey Motorsports Reunion in August, but I'm not so sure now :(

Thanx for the update

• 1 month later...

That's great, Harald ... I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm planning to check with the DMV Dept. of Special Processing this week to get more info (I submitted my legacy plate preorder early on during the program, so I'd expect to receive them soon).

Archived