TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Value of my car and guitar combo (SGT0495)

07-0495-SGT

Hi, I have a '07 SGT0495 with 27,000 miles and matching fender guitar #019. I am considering selling my car and guitar combo. Just not sure where to start with a asking price. Can anyone help?

Secondly how important is it to have a car that is one of the first 500 off the line. Does that impact value?

~ Rich

Being the original owner, having ALL the paperwork, car condition, and it being 100% factory stock will most likely add more value to the selling price than the low production number.

I bought my 07SGT in July 2012 from the original owner w/3,845 miles for $25 (showroom new w/all paperwork).

The combo is icing on the cake. Could be the thing that gets you a better price and faster sale.

+1

Jer

So essentially, having the combo car and guitar is worthless, no added value?

Unless, you just happen to have a "Numbers Matching" Guitar & SGT...

In that, the CSM of the Shelby GT is the same as the Number on the Guitar...

However, they only made 200 Guitars, and all in Black :-(

And I only know of a couple of these "matching" sets out there...

Don't quote me on this, but I think the 1st BLACK SGT to cross the B-J Auction came with a "numbers matching" guitar...

Along with a couple of TS Members who had an early production SGT and were able to find the corresponding numbered guitar...

Personally, I would look for the owner of the SGT with the CSM # to match your guitar and see if they are interested in buying it from you...

And then just selling your SGT outright... Good Luck!

Strange, but one just got listed on Ebay. The dealer has a lot of false info in his ad, but it is a 486 mile car and carries a $42,900.00 Buy It Now price - GOOD LUCK with getting that ! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/486-Actual-Mile-Fender-Promo-Shelby-GT-4-6L-V8-5-Speed-/281042437259?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item416f6f448b

Amazing. If I read this correctly the ad talks about the 4.0 V-6 Mustang, then the Mustang GT with 4.6 and 17" wheels and then skips to the GT 500 and talks about the price of the GT 500. I think this dealer is confusing the SGT with the GT 500. I don't think he/she knows what they have here.

when you drop down to vehicle info this standard SGT has forged pistons, forged connecting rods and a forged crank. Well we all know that is not a stock lower end. The info is full of errors, including the rating of 325 hp.

Amazing. If I read this correctly the ad talks about the 4.0 V-6 Mustang, then the Mustang GT with 4.6 and 17" wheels and then skips to the GT 500 and talks about the price of the GT 500. I think this dealer is confusing the SGT with the GT 500. I don't think he/she knows what they have here.

when you drop down to vehicle info this standard SGT has forged pistons, forged connecting rods and a forged crank. Well we all know that is not a stock lower end. The info is full of errors, including the rating of 325 hp.

The dealer also said that the GT350 came out in 1964. People that sell cars should know something about cars or they should sell shoes.

I agree with those who have suggested breaking them up and selling separately.

If I were looking for a car I wouldn't want to pay extra $$$ for a guitar that didn't match the car, didn't have the same number, when I don't even play. LOL! On the other hand I may have a black SGT and want a guitar but now can't find one.

I suspect you will have better luck, and get a better price, listing them separate. Worse case you can make a reference in each ad to the other ad and talk about a special deal if a buyer wants both.

Good luck!

+1....and as far as one of the first 500 off the line.........if its not a very low number.....part of the first 10 or first 25.......it wont bring a premium either.

actually it's been stated in other threads that the CSM number does not necessarily match the build number. The cars were built out of sequence so they could be shipped together to a destination.

actually it's been stated in other threads that the CSM number does not necessarily match the build number. The cars were built out of sequence so they could be shipped together to a destination.

I know Doug but this forum is a small sampling of the world and the general population is not privy to that intel, so actually if you have a very low number, say 1 of the first 10......

then chances are the market will bring a (slight) premium for that car is all Im saying.....

to your point, thats also why the highest CSM number is not the total number of cars, because some numbers were skipped.

Maybe my experience can help you figure something out on your pricing. I had been researching Shelby GT's for several months. I finally bought my black 07SGT0195 with 22K miles on it a few months back for $22,500. You can add around $1,500 to $2,000 for the guitar and that should give you close value for the pair. .

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I'm going to have to sell my SGT after the first of the year. Considering how bad the economy is I'll be very lucky to get my $22,500 back. I'll start at that but even though my SGT is stock and still at around 25K miles it'll be very difficult.

Hopefully this will give you some idea on the real world values these cars are bringing.

the guitar was made in Mexico (not good for Fenders) and as a guitar alone is worth less than 500 or 600 dollars......the Shelby association raises the bar somewhat.....to maybe 1k.

I dont see you getting more than that..........

there is one on ebay now for 1300....you might want to watch that auction to see where the market is right now....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Guitar-Shelby-/271106607802?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f1f368aba

I sold my Shelby GT guitar to someone on this forum for $900....he tried to get me down to $650 but that was never going to happen it took 45 minutes of negoiting to get the $900. I paid about $1050 for it so I lost $150 for owning it one year. I can't play so for a decoration piece I would have rather had the $900

I sold it because it was made in Mexico and was a extremely low quality guitar. If Fender had made the Shelby GT strat in the GOOD OLE USA I would have kept it.

The case is worth more than the guitar

I would sell the guitar seperately.

I know Doug but this forum is a small sampling of the world and the general population is not privy to that intel, so actually if you have a very low number, say 1 of the first 10......

then chances are the market will bring a (slight) premium for that car is all Im saying.....

to your point, thats also why the highest CSM number is not the total number of cars, because some numbers were skipped.

my comment was based on his op stating one of the first 500, not your comment.

Archived