TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question about gauge color

svt13

Is there any way to get the white on the gauge color to be as bright as on this rtr gt mustang? http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-ford-mustang-rtr-quick-spin/#photo-5508876

I noticed when I set the color to white in the my color it is a very faded dull white. Is there any way to make it a super bright white? Pretty sure they are already using bright LEDs behind the gauge cluster.

I was thinking about the same thing the other day,(Correct me if i'm wrong) but notice that when its light out the white LEDs are much brighter than when its dark out (when you have the headlights on). I don't think that there is a difference between the RTRs brightness or color than any other mustang.

I was thinking about the same thing the other day,(Correct me if i'm wrong) but notice that when its light out the white LEDs are much brighter than when its dark out (when you have the headlights on). I don't think that there is a difference between the RTRs brightness or color than any other mustang.

You are correct. There is no difference in gauge clusters. The RTR uses the same as every other mustang.

You are correct. There is no difference in gauge clusters. The RTR uses the same as every other mustang.

Look at the pictures I provided. The guagues definitely look different than the stand mustang GT. The pattern is different. Now do I think they changed the bulbs or LEDs back there? No I do not.

So then I am wondering why is the white so dull at night. And yes I have noticed during the day the white is much brighter. I am wondering how on the RTR they get the white to be soo bright.

it could be something as simple as adjusting the dial for the lights next to the headlight knob on the left of the steering wheel. make sure that it is turned all the way up. (to the stop point just before the overhead interior lights turn on.) If this has already been done, then your brightness is what it is.

Look at the pictures I provided. The guagues definitely look different than the stand mustang GT. The pattern is different. Now do I think they changed the bulbs or LEDs back there? No I do not.

So then I am wondering why is the white so dull at night. And yes I have noticed during the day the white is much brighter. I am wondering how on the RTR they get the white to be soo bright.

The 13 RTR and the 13 mustang GT have the same gauges except for the RTR emblem in the middle, maybe they lowered the brightness of the white LEDs when the headlight are on because its too bright at night??, and again the LEDs are the same on all mustangs

The photo sensor on the dash dims the lights at night, because you don't need much light at night. In the daytime the sensor cranks the light output of the LEDs up, so you can still see the gauges in bright sun light. As for the pictures you provided, those are all professional pictures, that were touched up prior to publishing, contrast/brightness levels were adjusted, etc. to make them "pop".

Archived