TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wired.com GT500 Review

Twitch

We have Terms of Service and we state CLEARLY, like many other car forums, that political comments are NOT TOLERATED.

Can you provide a link, since the TOS I reviewed here doesn't appear to include a restriction on political comments? (Not trying to argue, just understand what I missed...)

The "no politics" when implemented a little over a year or so ago was posted at the top of the threads but seems to have gone missing in one of the redesigns I incorrectly "assumed" it was rolled in so bad on me! I'll look at getting it put back or the TOS updated. That said the TOS does cover messages which are "defamatory" so I would say that applies in absence of the old specific political warning.

While we don't go crazy over this, we made this the policy due to what became excessive political partisanship that destroyed friendships and amounted to general flaming ruining otherwise great discussion threads. Nothing ever came good from them, no minds were changed, and people just got further intrenched often spiraling out of control. This is no different than the policy at other Mustang and car enthusiast sites and only common sense in that we are here to talk about cars not politics.

It's the cars that should bring us together and anyone that chooses to divide us over political lines is in the wrong place. There are plenty of political forums a person can visit to fully express their political views and opinions, but given the intense partisanship held by some, we've chosen not to let it poison the great environment and friendships we have here.

Your understanding and help is appreciated!

Like many other car forums, that political comments and arguments are NOT TOLERATED.

The fact a person, President or plumber, gives the GT500 a well deserved compliment IS NO a political comment while your reply was a political comment.

EDIT: removed reference to TOS as its not written there...my bad!

Got it.

63 years young here. Been retired for about seven years and have been working toward making room in the garage for my 13 Shelby for about a year. Needed to get rid of one of the 2 65 Mustangs that have been in the family for 35 years. Hated to see it go but I really love the new one.

63 years young here. Been retired for about seven years and have been working toward making room in the garage for my 13 Shelby for about a year. Needed to get rid of one of the 2 65 Mustangs that have been in the family for 35 years. Hated to see it go but I really love the new one.

I know the problem, got the Shelby and Saleen in the garage and built a car port for the others. Now if I can get my wife to put the car cover on the T-Bird. :banghead:

post-38911-0-09780200-1356925561_thumb.jpgpost-38911-0-31311200-1356925622_thumb.jpg

post-38911-0-09780200-1356925561_thumb.jpg

post-38911-0-31311200-1356925622_thumb.jpg

So does that mean I'm the young guy here at 47? Been a Mustanger most of my adult life, beginning with my first car at 16. Not so much a midlife crisis thing for me to get the 13 as it is fulfillment of the dream. This is my second Shelby, my first is 19 years old (she's a Mustang fan too!).

I think what we're seeing is the reason why Ford has decided to move away from the Retro look. The future of the cars is not with us! We have our cars...Ford has given us a 10 year run. It's time the car attracted a younger buyer who, unlike us, isn't as concerned with the past but who are needed for the Mustang to have a 75th anniversary!

Archived