TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Updated MGW Shifter Info

MJN

As most as you have seen in another thread I found info of George at MGW will be coming out with some new bushings in the rear support bracket for new and current owners. Said to have the same feel but less NVH for the avg street driver.

As of now all I know is that we should have a release date of mid January.

George just sent me a note saying this:

it is not a bushing update,. we actually have a new optional rear bushing bracket that comes with interchangable pillar blocks . one for street duty and one for track duty.

svtperformance.com came down last week and did a press release / install evaluation and will be posting up details there this weekend.

the bracket is 40.00 and comes with both blocks.

we will have them in stock first part of january.

• 1 month later...

Installed this morning on my and Torch40's 350s. Wow, what a difference!

Torch40's was not as noisy as mine after the initial install. Mine sounded like a japanese sport bike. Now both are really quiet and smooth. Well worth the $40!

So you went from the orginal bracket to the new one? Did you feel any difference in the shifter at all?

Yes, it feels slightly smoother and more precise. The major diff is the lack of whine in 1st, 2nd + 3rd

Well ordered mine today. Sounds like about two weeks out before getting but its not like I will be going any where soon with it lol. I did find out that the orginal bracket is no longer available with it just the updated design.

That makes AFCO and MGW to install :) Has anyone mentiond how expensive this fun is lol.

From what I understand the brackets are the same, it's the bushing that's different. I got a shifter for Xmas with the original bushing.

Can you change the bushing easy if its installed already?

mmcguirk - Do you feel it's a lot better then the original?

The way the vid looks the rear bracket on the new one has been changed to accept the new bushings with a bigger "rubber" surface area and be able to interchange between the two.

From what I understand the brackets are the same, it's the bushing that's different. I got a shifter for Xmas with the original bushing.

Can you change the bushing easy if its installed already?

mmcguirk - Do you feel it's a lot better then the original?

The difference is night and day.

The original rear mount was very stiff and transferred all the noise to the unibody and the interior. The new mount is a much better design and isolates the trans noise.

The install took 5 minutes. The results are great. It still shifts great, but with a better feel and no noise.

• 2 months later...

Archived