TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP manifold or Steeda Delete plates w/ Vortech S/C

Looking for any information if anyone has added either the FRPP manifold or Steeda Delete plates with a Vortech or Paxton Supercharger. I currently am running a Paxton HO setup with the stock manifold and the charge motion plates active. I can defintely feel a dead spot around 3k rpm, which I believe is around the time the butterflies open. It also happens to be around the time the Paxton starts to make any decent amount of boost. I'm sure there's something to be gained by removing the butterflies, just not sure if its worth the $$. I'm leaning towards the plates, as it would allow me to keep the strut brace. I would like to hear from anyone that has run either setup, before/after results, opinions, anything.

Thanks

Putting in the delete plates gets you around 15 HP gain on a N/A 4.6l . The charge motion plates were only used up until 2008 . In 2009 Ford integrated the butterflies into the intake itself so you would have to use the plugs or epoxy the holes if you run a 2009 intake since there are no plates to exchange out. If all you're worried about is clearing the strut brace with the FRPP intake I would say either lower the motor at the mounts or use a different brace ( I believe the one used on the Bullitt will work). I have not run a FRPP intake in conjunction with a Paxton but it would be a nice setup I believe .

I would just go for the FRPP intake manifold it does make a nice difference in a N/A engine. I plan on going down the paxton road soon

+1

From what I've been hearing with some local car clubs, the FRPP intake with a Paxton/vortech is a very nice road course set up and with the upgraded suspensions we have I assume it can only get better. I can't speak to actual numbers because I am still in the process of buying a Paxton as well.

JT93, I see you already have the FRPP Intake, so you'll find out for sure if you go with the Paxton. Not sure what your plans are, but if you're on the fence about intercooled vs non-IC, just plan for the intercooler up front. I started with a non-IC setup and it ran fine, no issues, but it won't be long and you'll be looking for more boost. It's a lot easier to tear the car apart once!

JT93, I see you already have the FRPP Intake, so you'll find out for sure if you go with the Paxton. Not sure what your plans are, but if you're on the fence about intercooled vs non-IC, just plan for the intercooler up front. I started with a non-IC setup and it ran fine, no issues, but it won't be long and you'll be looking for more boost. It's a lot easier to tear the car apart once!

I'm waiting until I can afford the IC version. The price difference between the non-IC and IC doesn't justify the install/tuning costs of effectively two supercharger installs.

If u sent the car to me I can do the same as I did on my 07 Shelby GT with HO Paxton, Fords performance manifold, no charge motion plates, and another ford strut brace will work but not the one it came with. We do it here all the time.

I installed the Steeda delete plates when I installed my Paxton setup. I have no dead spots that I've noticed. I still was able to use my aluminum Shelby strut tower brace with the stock manifold.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going with the plates for now. All the research I did, and what I could find out there, I really couldn't justify the FRPP manifold, other than for minimal gains and looks. I think the biggest gains will be from eliminating those butterflies and hopefully getting rid of that dead spot.

Archived