TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Autograph???

Redlinetoys

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does bring up an interesting question however. I wonder what the last thing ever signed was and when? Sometime late 2011 I would guess?

If you only knew how many inquiries we've received from people asking, claiming or wanting documentation on that.

I'm confident that the last item(s) signed by Carroll were legal/business documents. When it comes to the last memrobilia signed item, that's something we'll never know.

Steve

• Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows of any authenication company's that will certify a shelby signature thanks for any help

PSA is one of the more respected companies out there. They even list Shelby under their "Auto Racing" category.

http://www.psacard.com/

http://www.psacard.com/fees/playerlist.chtml?sport=AutoRacing

I like the fact that potential buyers can go to PSA's website and look up an item that has been verified by PSA.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Does bring up an interesting question however. I wonder what the last thing ever signed was and when? Sometime late 2011 I would guess?

My engine certificate was signed sometime in early 2012. Even though the dyno date is in September 2011 I didn't receive the certificate until March 2012 because they were waiting to get it signed. Remember, Carroll was sick or in the hospital most of that timeframe. I know this isn't the last thing he signed but it's pretty special to me. It certainly doesn't match most of his signatures.

Engine certificate jpeg.jpg

My engine certificate was signed sometime in early 2012. Even though the dyno date is in September 2011 I didn't receive the certificate until March 2012 because they were waiting to get it signed. Remember, Carroll was sick or in the hospital most of that timeframe. I know this isn't the last thing he signed but it's pretty special to me. It certainly doesn't match most of his signatures.

Wow, that is something special. :)

post-27084-0-18543200-1358020847_thumb.jpg

I dunno. I never saw a cs sig without the line and hash marks. Even when he wasn't feeling well he still did it.

I dunno. I never saw a cs sig without the line and hash marks. Even when he wasn't feeling well he still did it.

Documents with an underline he did not add a line. I also have two items which he signed in front of me with no line or hash marks.

Wow, that document is amazing. I agree, that based on the sig, that one had to be near the last. A very special document indeed.

There's no line and hash marks on the Cobra MSO either. It does have a line he signed on just like the engine certificate. I'm not sure just when the MSO was signed (sometime before August 2011) or if it was original or an autopen. That signature looks perfect.

There's no line and hash marks on the Cobra MSO either. It does have a line he signed on just like the engine certificate. I'm not sure just when the MSO was signed (sometime before August 2011) or if it was original or an autopen. That signature looks perfect.

Cobra MSO's were signed in advance by Carroll. As a legal documnet I have to assume that these pre-signed MSO's are no longer being used. I'll check into who is now signing the Cobra MSO's.

Steve

Archived