TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Stencil

Bleedblue

Dafreak...I was going to do the same thing with the Shelby logo..take it to kinkos or another sign shop...but I'm kind of liking yours. Do you still have the stencil?

I do. It's a Microsoft publisher file though. Can we attach files here? If not, send me an email at defreak247@gmail.com and I'll send it over.

Sent you an email if your still willing to send the file. Thanks. Looks awesome!

File and some instructions sent. FYI - If I remember right I had this printed on "Photo Paper" at Kinkos. It was nice and thin which makes it easy to carve out the letters once it was stuck on the HE. Also be careful and use light pressure and a sharp knife (I used a new exacto knife) when carving the letters as the fins on the HE bend easily.

I made my own from a photo I took. Took it to Kinkos had them print on vinyl, stuck to HE, carved out letters with exacto knife and sprayed.

That's a GREAT idea.

What did they charge you? Did they have to digitize the photo?

That's what I keep getting from my sign shop. They want $65 to digitize it and then $10 per Sq. Ft.

I had two large (48") "SHELBY Racing" decals made for the front doors of my car hauler but he made his own on a drawing program. Still cost me $80 bucks (included four 4" "door names").

I wanted to put the SVT on my HE but the GT500 looks GREAT which is why I'm wondering about price. I figured I could make my own SVT stencil out of cardboard but I'm having a hard time enlarging it to the size I need.

Never thought of Kinko's.....

Phill

That's a GREAT idea.

What did they charge you? Did they have to digitize the photo?

Phill

Hi Phill,

It was super cheap, if I remember right it was like $12 for 2 of them. The only cost was the photo paper. I used MS Publisher to create the stencil which allows you to create the photo as large as you want. So I sized it to 22" and formatted it to print as a banner. I took them the file on a thumb drive and they were able to pull it up and print it out. Super easy.

G/L.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived