TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drive home unreal...

stillmy428

Well Saturday is here and finally got to pick up convert.Weather not real nice but dry enough for short ride home.This new shelby is unbelievable compared to my 69 GT500.Handling and preformance is no comparison.The old big block sounds alot better but thats about all it has that is.Few pictures of car till weather gets better. Good luck to everyone waiting hope you get it as fast as mine came in.But believe me the wait is well worth the 10 min. you need to drive to reset computer so supercharger will work...Oh and special thanks to my wife for letting me drive it first.... :headspin::headspin::headspin:

post-8474-1177786177_thumb.jpg[post-8474-1177786131_thumb.jpg

post-8474-1177786131_thumb.jpg

post-8474-1177786177_thumb.jpg

Well Saturday is here and finally got to pick up convert.Weather not real nice but dry enough for short ride home.This new shelby is unbelievable compared to my 69 GT500.Handling and preformance is no comparison.The old big block sounds alot better but thats about all it has that is.Few pictures of car till weather gets better. Good luck to everyone waiting hope you get it as fast as mine came in.But believe me the wait is well worth the 10 min. you need to drive to reset computer so supercharger will work...Oh and special thanks to my wife for letting me drive it first.... :headspin::headspin::headspin:

2007_Shelby_026.jpg[2007_Shelby_025.jpg

Congrats on picking up your new baby enjoy ! :shift:

Congrats & welcome to the boards! That's a beauty! I'm a 'vert fan myself. By the way, who's the guy in the window? I thought it might have been you afraid to ask the wife if you could drive!!! :hysterical2: (just kidding)

By the way, check out the Shelby Owner's association threads. You may want to join up as there will be many events happening for the club.

Good luck and drive careful!!! :happy feet:

Can you imgine what a brand new 427 Cobra would be like? All the great old stuff combined with all the great new stuff. I wonder how much one costs.

Sweet 428 .... hell of a car isnt it !

Congrats on picking up your new car! Looks great!

Never driven a 69 GT500. Although the new car may be better in many respects, driving the old one must be quite a thrill also. Hope I can do it someday. BTW your 69 looks great too!

Can you imgine what a brand new 427 Cobra would be like? All the great old stuff combined with all the great new stuff. I wonder how much one costs.

You referring to a true aluminum body 427 side-oiler? If so, probably about $150,000 and your first born kid.

I really don't know for sure, but the few that I've had the opportunity to ride in, they really aren't the most comfortable. They are a kick in the pants. But in my opinion, you can similar fun in a GT500 with all types of modern conveniences.

Now that I said that, you'll never compare to the sound of the 427 unrestricted sidepipes. Scared the shit out of me first time we started it.

HSURB

post-8474-1177786177_thumb.jpg[post-8474-1177786131_thumb.jpg

Could you explain "resetting computer so supercharger will work"?

Archived