TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Extra Shelby Dakota Parts.....

Golden-Arm

guys (and girls?) i am considering letting go of a couple of extra parts i have collected. :drool:

i have a used lightbar.

a nos mopar bosch foglight set with covers.

a used mopar bosch foglight set, with covers.

the dash piece with the foglight switch.

some underbody trim pieces, from the cab and bed.

shelby metal framed, dual fan setup.

a couple of nos step bumper shelby pads.

4 used shelby alloy hollow spoke wheels, with centercaps.

and maybe a few other parts, i'll have to look.

testing the waters here, to see if there's anyone that actually needs these parts.

not looking to help flippers or collectors.

i'm also going to have at some point in the near future,

the shelby computer, and wiring harness. i'm pulling mine, to convert to carbs and a regular dizzie.

responses posted here, will let me know if anyone is in need.

As a complete twist of fate, I purchased the #61 Shelby Dakota last night. She's in rough shape, but driveable. The back 2 rims are not original and its missing both foglight covers. I'm not a collector or a flipper, just a college kid with an appreciation for these vehicles. All this being said, I'd like to speak with you a bit more regarding some parts. Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Derek Miller

looking in my parts room, i might also have an extra set of the 4 wheelwell trims. the shelby ones are different than the sport ones, as they drop down on the front wheels, to tie into the airdam.

i'll see if i have any extra covers. the ones i know i have are on lights, and i really wouldnt want to split them up. i might have a couple of extremely used ones. you can get the mopar bosch decals from dave at positive impressions, in florida. they're exact copies of the silkscreened originals. i'll look and see, and let you know.. i do have wheels. not sure if i want to part them out, get rid of as a set, or what at this point. i'll let you know as soon as i get my stuff sorted out here. i also might have an extra instrument panel cover, and climate controls switch assembly, with a/c controls. still digging through boxes of parts, trying to figure out whats excess. :lol:

i have one extra cover so far, looking for another.

i thought i had a box of them, but i cant get my paws on it right now. :P

* i also have a pair of foglight brackets, for the airdam.

i dont have the mounting bolts though.

* i have one single foglight, used.

* have a second shelby dual fan setup as well. used.

Ok, both of my fogs are bad. Brackets and lights. I'm short a wheel, and 4 center caps. The rest is some light rust repair and a good wheeling out. Thanks for your time on this. I'm slowly getting the truck back to original and running good. I'm not in any real hurry, but if you do come up with any of it (which it sounds like you have) I'd be more than happy to work out a deal!

Best Regards,

Derek

I'm interested in the fog lights and wheels if available. Possibly additional parts as well. I'm getting my Shelby Dakota #230 back after 8 years gone, so I am not a flipper or or looking to resell parts. This truck is for my daughter, named Shelby, so she can have a vehicle with her name on it.

the lightbar is faded red. missing a couple of mounting studs, but the inserts are present, meaning it could be bolted on to the bed. i have 4 wheels in boxes. thinking i'd rather sell them as a set, rather than piecing them out. havent found any other light covers yet, but did find another light, minus the mounting bracket. :drool:

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a Shelby computer for sale or know where one is available? I have been looking for over a month.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I understand that an '89 5.2V8 B Van computer will run the Shelby Dakota without Tachometer and electric fan control though. This should get you going...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update: the engine and computer are coming out shortly. going in, will be this sweet 340 magnum, with a build date of late 1969, out of a 1970 'cuda. fresh rebuild, with 500 miles, it even has a/c. have to collect a few odds and ends, to make the swap, like a voltage regulator, fuel pressure regulator and an electronic ignition setup. so, the 318 roller with a rebuild less than 10,000 miles ago, and the comp and possibly the entire harness from under the hood, will also be yanked and sold. i won't yank the 318 until i have scrounged up all the stuff needed for the conversion. slowly but slowly........ :drool:

post-30941-0-79012400-1367039438_thumb.jpg

post-30941-0-79012400-1367039438_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the light bar still available? I am missing driver side driving light, and the decal on the air cleaner. My radio does not work but I have not had time to check it out. The tach jumps all over the place, any ideas?

I just bought 982 white on Sunday. First Dakota, and first Shelby vehicle, our daughter is named Shelby.

Let me know if anybody can help me, thanks in advance.

Richard

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

update for some stuff. i have the computer pulled, and i have the wiring harnesses removed. i am taking them apart, to keep the lights, horn and gauges going, but all the wiring for the computer, including the two plugs, will be available. i do have a set of wheels, with centercaps. they're well used drivers, not show quality. a fan set, and some wheelwell trims.

if anyone is interested in it, i also have the factory 318 roller motor for sale. it will be minus the oilpan, and the alternator. i installed a manual rack, so i do have the power steering set-up, if interested. i should also have the factory air filter set-up,

hit me up via email, for fastest response. motor is tight, and boiled the tires into the garage, for the pulling of the motor and trans. :P

no shipping on motor, please. thanks

• 3 months later...

guys (and girls?) i am considering letting go of a couple of extra parts i have collected. :drool:

i have a used lightbar.

a nos mopar bosch foglight set with covers.

a used mopar bosch foglight set, with covers.

the dash piece with the foglight switch.

some underbody trim pieces, from the cab and bed.

shelby metal framed, dual fan setup.

a couple of nos step bumper shelby pads.

4 used shelby alloy hollow spoke wheels, with centercaps.

and maybe a few other parts, i'll have to look.

testing the waters here, to see if there's anyone that actually needs these parts.

not looking to help flippers or collectors.

i'm also going to have at some point in the near future,

the shelby computer, and wiring harness. i'm pulling mine, to convert to carbs and a regular dizzie.

responses posted here, will let me know if anyone is in need.

Do you still have the Shelby metal framed, dual fan setup?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to lock this thread. This for sale post is over 4 years old and the OP has not logged into TS for over 6 months nor has the OP replied to previous buyer inquiries. Anyone still interested in contacting the OP should send them a PM or use their email address by clicking on their user id.

To the OP, if you still have these parts for sale and would like this thread to be unlocked, please reach out to me.

stevent@shelby.com

Archived