TEAM SHELBY FORUM

?Shelby razors in production again?????

CSSHELBYKID

I was looking online for black shelby razors and saw that American Muscle.com and they said they were in stock. So I called them and the guy I talked to said that they were in stock and that shelby must be producing them.

Hey shelby, are they in production again?????

CSshelbykid

I believe those Razors are produced by American Racing. They also are or were producing the chrome and anthracite(gray) wheels. I have seen some of these wheels without "Shelby" on one of the spokes. Some also have the center caps that have the American Racing logo. I got some from American Muscle that do have "Shelby" on the spokes and have the center caps with the Cobra and Shelby on them. They also say American Racing Special Edition.

The offset is different, that's about it.

I have two sets of the original AR/Shelby rims & one set of the AR/AM Razors, other than the offset and the relevant areas of coding on the back of the spokes there seems to be no difference.

The Razors currently being sold by American Muscle are manufactured by WheelPros, the company that bought out American Racing.

They are the same wheel, but as UK PONY stated, they are only available in a 40mm offset. The offset used by Shelby was 24mm, which gives a more aggressive stance while still clearing the fenders, and - most importantly - CLEARS BIG BRAKES.

When I first got Razors, I was advised to get 24mm up front, to clear my Baers, but to get a 40mm in the back, to clear the fenders better. I later changed the rears to 24mm, the 40 looks kinda silly, IMHO, it's tucked into the fenders too much.

Jer

Absolutely correct. The wheels being made now will not fit GT-500's due to the brakes. The spokes are quite different in shape, but same in appearance. I did a whole thread on this sometime back. The 40mm backspace does not work so great on our cars, and will not fit Brembo's or any other big brake packages.

The Razors currently being sold by American Muscle are manufactured by WheelPros, the company that bought out American Racing.

They are the same wheel, but as UK PONY stated, they are only available in a 40mm offset. The offset used by Shelby was 24mm, which gives a more aggressive stance while still clearing the fenders, and - most importantly - CLEARS BIG BRAKES.

When I first got Razors, I was advised to get 24mm up front, to clear my Baers, but to get a 40mm in the back, to clear the fenders better. I later changed the rears to 24mm, the 40 looks kinda silly, IMHO, it's tucked into the fenders too much.

Jer

,,,You have me wondering now ,,can you tell me if what I have are 24mm or 40mm ,,, can't rememember what was on the box ,,but are the same wheels all around the car now ,, I still have the stock brakes ,,but there is alot of room left ,, over a inch clear before the wheel might hit the brake ,, :camera: ,,, thanks for any replies,,,,,,,,,,,, 002473-R1-04-3A.jpg , :salute:

,,,You have me wondering now ,,can you tell me if what I have are 24mm or 40mm ,,, can't rememember what was on the box ,,but are the same wheels all around the car now ,, I still have the stock brakes ,,but there is alot of room left ,, over a inch clear before the wheel might hit the brake ,, :camera: ,,, thanks for any replies,,,,,,,,,,,, 002473-R1-04-3A.jpg , :salute:

,,,heres another picture ,,000144-R1-14-13A.jpg,,,, you can see in this picture ,that there seems to be over a inch or so before the stock brake would hit the wheel up front ,

Jer

40mm?? On American Muscle they are 30mm.

I have 24's all the way around and if you look at the rear tire, it sticks out past the rear fender slightly.

Hope this helps.

That's the best way to check. Or post some pix of the rear tires, Richard, and we'll be able to tell better.

Jer

40mm?? On American Muscle they are 30mm.

Good catch...

Weird. I SWORE they were 40mm last time I looked. Man, I'm getting old.

Regardless, they state in the description "Does not fit the Shelby GT500 or any Big Brake Kit equipped Mustang."

So, someone should be sure they love the stock brakes before buying these.

Jer

Are you guys talking about 20's or 18's with the 24mm? I was always under the impression that the 18 Razors wouldn't fit any Brembo or big brake package? I also noticed that they are offering a 18x10

Very informative post Jeff. I admit to buying the 40mm offset wheels in error but am hanging onto them to use on the inevitable second S197 that eventually joins the fold or see if they fit my Escape.

,,,You have me wondering now ,,can you tell me if what I have are 24mm or 40mm ,,, can't rememember what was on the box ,,but are the same wheels all around the car now ,, I still have the stock brakes ,,but there is alot of room left ,, over a inch clear before the wheel might hit the brake ,, :camera: ,,, thanks for any replies,,,,,,,,,,,, post-12534-0-29875300-1355861876_thumb.jpg , :salute:

Take the wheel off and you'll see a stamp on the back of one of the spokes. It will be 24 or 40.

My car has the 24 offset. Check out the picture.

All these number making my head spin!!! :runaway:

All I know is I have 20x9s in the front and 20x 10s in the back - I think. The gunmetal Razors were on the car when I got the car. The front rim clears the Brembos by millimeters!! SO I guess I have the 24 mm offset (for both front and rear??). I would like to nail down these number as I MAY be selling these rims. Maybe someone can help confirm my offsets?? :worship:

All these number making my head spin!!! :runaway:

All I know is I have 20x9s in the front and 20x 10s in the back - I think. The gunmetal Razors were on the car when I got the car. The front rim clears the Brembos by millimeters!! SO I guess I have the 24 mm offset (for both front and rear??). I would like to nail down these number as I MAY be selling these rims. Maybe someone can help confirm my offsets?? :worship:

Let me know when you do.

CSshelbykid

I had 24 offset chrome razors on my 2010 before I put the new alcoas on recently. I just need to get time to find some boxes so I can post them up for sale in the classified section, but if there is anyone in NC that is interested let me know.

Those should last all of 5 minutes! :hysterical:

(And, no, I'm not being sarcastic - I predict a very quick sale!)

Jer

For the many of us with the Razors we need center cap replacements? They have either cracked or yellowed and I've been trying to find out if any other Shelby center wheel cap will fit?

For the many of us with the Razors we need center cap replacements? They have either cracked or yellowed and I've been trying to find out if any other Shelby center wheel cap will fit?

No, they don't fit.

You need to find an American Racing dealer who has thoose specific caps in stock.

Jer

Archived