TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How are your upgraded interiors holding up?

UK PONY

I'm on the verge of ordering the upgraded interior from Shelby, will be having a local installer fit them as I'm too far away from the existing network.

My question is, does the leather used stand up to wear better than the factory stuff?

My oem leather is starting to show wear on the drivers seat bolster nearest the door.

The leather is better and will hold up better that being said just take a look at pictures and you see all the wrinkles they have. Either they wrinkle from wear easy or improper installation

That was one of my biggest reasons I have not pulled the trigger yet. I have seen some installed perfect and others with wrinkles, to me it is the installer, how can you be confident your installer will be a good one.

I think leather is something that, based on how well it is taken care of, determines how long it will last more than any other factors.

How would you rate the workmanship (stitching, fit, etc.) ?

I know there have been some wrinkling issues but I'd put that down to the installer rather than an ill fitting cut to the pattern. Am I wrong here?

It's a fair chunk of change to lay down so I want to be sure on this.

How would you rate the workmanship (stitching, fit, etc.) ?

I know there have been some wrinkling issues but I'd put that down to the installer rather than an ill fitting cut to the pattern. Am I wrong here?

It's a fair chunk of change to lay down so I want to be sure on this.

Workmanship is not bad for what you pay for. Now is it a caravaggio interior quality where everything is flawless and is italian? No. Why is that you ask? Because that guy charges 20k. I think I am going to do this when my leather starts to wear out. Or I may do it sooner and sell the covers since those are worth a pretty penny. Though when I do it I have a bunch of custom stuff I talked to Gary about doing so mine will be slightly better than the standard upgrade.

Archived