TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Resale value of Whipple cars and painted stripes

ITHERTZ66

Additional Value or Not  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Does a properly installed polished whipple intercooled S/C (not installed by Shelby) increase resale value?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Is a repainted Hertz more valueable than an original paint with stripe issues and other typical rental damage if the repaint includes a better than factory show finish with painted stripes on top/bottom, buff and clearcoat?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. At what mileage do you think a used Hertz starts really affecting resale value to the point that the car needs to be heavily discounted, even if the car is still extremely clean and well cared for

2 questions for the collective here to ponder and share their thoughts on:

What additional value would you place on a 2006 Hertz (if any) for a Whipple intercooled supercharger (9 lbs boost) on a Hertz? Assume it was done by a qualified mechanic and NOT SA:

What additional value would you place on a Hertz (if any) for a repainted car (flat sanded factory orange peel, painted top and side stripes, buffed and cleared better than factory show finish)?

In regards to original paint/stripes - how can one be sure they have original paint or stripes? While in rental service, these cars were self insured and there are no records indicating if any paint work was done while in service or stripe work. So, how can you elevate value for "originality" if you don't know what original is? I think I would much rather have a properly painted and better than new car than a tired looking car with questionable "originality".

In regards to original paint/stripes - how can one be sure they have original paint or stripes? While in rental service, these cars were self insured and there are no records indicating if any paint work was done while in service or stripe work. So, how can you elevate value for "originality" if you don't know what original is? I think I would much rather have a properly painted and better than new car than a tired looking car with questionable "originality".

If it looks new, my guess is it has been replaced.

Archived