TEAM SHELBY FORUM

APP's in Magazine Ads............I have a couple of questions

I have noticed that a lot of Companies advertising in my Car Magazines are putting a funky looking Square thingy in the Ad, usually in a lower corner area. they call it a "Mobile CodeI or APP that you that you scan, I assume using your Smart Phone. Two Questions:

<01> How do you scan it in to your Phone?

<02> Can the APP be any size?

I ask the second question because today I saw an SUV that had an APP looking Decal on the back Glass that measured 12” x 12”.

Dave,

You have to have an app on your phone to scan it. Then the phone will go to the website and you can see "their online special" Just another advertising trick to drive you to their website...

I think the ads are for smart phones.

As far as the app being any size, do you mean the scan image? the app is on the phone.

Dave,

You have to have an app on your phone to scan it. Then the phone will go to the website and you can see "their online special" Just another advertising trick to drive you to their website...

I think the ads are for smart phones.

As far as the app being any size, do you mean the scan image? the app is on the phone.

The size of the Image that you Scan. There was a Decal cut to look like the Image on the Back Glass of an SUV and I was wondering if someone with a Smart Phone would be able to scan it and see what it was for.

Here is a sample, circled in red, by scanning this with your Phone, does it put an APP on your Phone?

MVC-206F.jpg

MVC-206F.jpg

I did some research and found out that the Funky Looking Box is what you Scan to ad an APP for that Company in the Advertisement to your Smart Phone. So now, I just have to find out if SIZE really does matter................. If one enlarged to 4"x4" will scan.

Go to your App Store (I use iPhone / iTunes) and you'll find any number of barcode scanners (do a search for barcode or q-code scanner). Choose one and put it on your phone. Use that app to scan the barcode or q-code and see what comes up. Typically it will be a website with contains additional information.

Go to your App Store (I use iPhone / iTunes) and you'll find any number of barcode scanners (do a search for barcode or q-code scanner). Choose one and put it on your phone. Use that app to scan the barcode or q-code and see what comes up. Typically it will be a website with contains additional information.

I don't have one of those types of Phones. I am working on a Project and am needing to know if I turn that APP Code into a 4"x4" Decal to go on my Truck, will it be scanable or will it be to big to scan, also, does it have to be Black & White? Can I make in Dark Blue and White or Dark Red and White or Dark Green and White, etc....?

I don't have one of those types of Phones. I am working on a Project and am needing to know if I turn that APP Code into a 4"x4" Decal to go on my Truck, will it be scanable or will it be to big to scan, also, does it have to be Black & White? Can I make in Dark Blue and White or Dark Red and White or Dark Green and White, etc....?

The code can be any size. I'd just have to step back a couple of steps to scan a big 12"x12" code. I have to get up real close to scan one in a mag.

When I turn that app on, my camera comes on and I adjust the distance of my phone from my cam to the bar code until it fills the screen. Then it reads it and opens the URL to the site.

Phill

The code can be any size. I'd just have to step back a couple of steps to scan a big 12"x12" code. I have to get up real close to scan one in a mag.

When I turn that app on, my camera comes on and I adjust the distance of my phone from my cam to the bar code until it fills the screen. Then it reads it and opens the URL to the site.

Phill

GREAT.........Thanks for the info.

Size does not matter.................................said he with the small, uh...never mind ;)

It's not how long your CCCCCar is, it's how you drive it home.

And as you get older, the car get more and more difficult to start! <lol>

TMI?

Phill

Yes Phil TMI, but we would not expect anything else from you. :hysterical2:

Things they don't tell you about in the "getting old" instruction manual.

Oh, and there's more...WAYYYYYY more! <lol>

Phill

Archived